Athlon II X3 435 release date

uviuar2

Limp Gawd
I was like 2 seconds away from pulling the trigger on my Athlon II X2 250 build when I saw all the hooplah about the new X3 processor. But I cant find anyplace besides ebay selling them, nor can I find any official release date. So, does anybody know when this thing is coming out? It costs just as much as my dual core if not cheaper, and is 100mhz slower, so I think she will net me a little more life than my X2 build.

If you are buying a new mobo (or have a mobo that unlocks) get the X2 5000+ quad core goodness for $55

hmm, that is a little odd..if its on ebay it must be released already..maybe on available in some stores or something

I know Russia and some other east asian countries typically get Intel and AMD stock first...

Are you gaming? Phenom II might be a better choice. The 720 is only like $120 if you are willing to spend that.

435 is still a good option with it being a great overclocker. Most reviewers are getting 3.77 GHz.

The e series processors are the ones I've been waiting on. I've been waiting for AMD to produce newer processors with a 45W TDP ever since the 4850e, 5050e, etc. Unfortunately I don't think there's an Athlon ii 250e, 240e is the fastest dual core, but they do have the 400e, 405e triple core and 600e and 605e quad cores all with max 45W TDP which is less than half the 95W TDP rating of the 435. I don't know about you, but I can sacrifice a small bit of performance 240e vs normal 250 in order to be able to run much quieter fans on a cooler processor.

Why not just buy a "regular" processor and undervolt it? Waiting with baited breath for low-power versions of available chips seems a little silly to me. Am I missing something here?

Why not just buy a "regular" processor and undervolt it? Waiting with baited breath for low-power versions of available chips seems a little silly to me. Am I missing something here?

That depends wildly.

For many cores their retail specs is the best performance per watt of power uses. To undervolt a 65W to 45W you may have to lower performance down to 2.5 or even 2.4 before you can get a stable undervolt.

That is fine and dandy for HTPCs and many do that. But for people who want low power performance builds it does make a difference.

2.7Ghz at 45W for a dual core is insanely good. On the level of Brisbane as far as achievement (It managed 2.7 at 65W which was extremely efficient at the time) Is it worth the extra cost? For many it is.

going a little off topic here are we? ;D none the less i cant wait to see this hit the market..been loving all these budget amd processors lately

going a little off topic here are we? ;D none the less i cant wait to see this hit the market..been loving all these budget amd processors lately

Topics on this forum rarely go into many pages so in my opinion a LITTLE leeway is ok.

Back