Athlon 900, or P3 933: Which one is faster?

Boltaction

Gawd
I have two systems that I got for free: An ASUS i815ep board with a P3 933, and an Abit KT7 mobo with an Athlon 900mhz proc.

I can put 512 PC133 Ram in both, and a Riva TNT2 Pro video card. Which one would be better for:

A: Windows XP
B: Very light gaming
C: General web browsing

Thank you for the advice!

AMD dominates gaming *now* but back when those chips came out, i'm pretty sure Intel was on top in clock for clock performance, and this intel chip has 33mhz on the athlon. Don't quote me on that, but check some benchmarks if you can find them.

I don't think the difference will be much in benchmarks. I think the Intel might be a little more stable though.

I've got a P3/933 around here that's, frankly, one of the snappiest Win2K boxes in the house, with 512MB RAM, GF4MX, etc. For some reason, it still runs all general windows tasks quite well, and I swear it's faster than the 1.7 P4/512MB RDRAM I'm on now, and launches Firefox as fast as my AthlonXP @2.3ghz.

Just my .02.

The Pentium will be a lil faster, also early Athlon chips had some heating issues. ANd yes a P3 somehows seems faster then a P4 williamette chips which I think are one of the most hopelss proccies ever.

Back