Athlon 64 Venice problems

I've overclocked my venice to 2.565 GHz stable before, but after replacing some parts (replaced PSU from an Enermax 550W, replaced memory from 2x512MB Corsair ValueSelect, replaced HDD), I'm having some stability problems at really low overclocks.

System specs:
Athlon 64 Venice 3000+
MSI K8N Neo2 Platinum
2x1GB Corsair ValueSelect CAS 3
550w Logisys PSU
Running Windows 7 32-bit

Currently the system is prime 95 stable at 230MHz FSB even with the RAM at a 1:1 ratio at 3-3-3-8 2T. CPU is at OVER VID 5.0%, though I probably don't need to increase the voltage at all at this point. However, once I hit about 240MHz FSB (even with ram at 166MHz), the system is very unstable. It boots, but it's unstable and freezes before I can open any programs. I know my CPU isn't the bottleneck, and the mobo should be able to do this just fine. The memory should not be a bottleneck since it's running at approximately stock speeds. I'm not sure what the issue is at this point. Any ideas, anyone???

This may not be related to the problems you are having, but Logisys "power supplies" are garbage. Regardless of what the actual reason for your problems, I would replace that hunk of junk ASAP.

I know about the Logisys. This is an old system that I don't plan on using extensively. I'm basically OCing it for fun, although I'll prolly sell this system or give it to a friend soon...

Anyone know what could be the issue?

Back