Athlon 64 Newcastle 2800 @ 2.55ghz

sianlogic

Limp Gawd
hey guys i have a athlon 64 newcastle @ 2.55ghz with the fsb at 283 with a ht multiplier of 3
anyways, 283 seems to be the highest the board can handle after that it doesnt boot, even with the ht multipler at 2. So it seems that 283 is the tops for the board. If I use clock gen i can get the fsb a little higher but it crashes when i run a game for awhile probably like 2 minutes, i can even bring the proc to 2.62 . I use a voltage of 1.65 and at 1.7 and it doesnt make it anymore stable so I'm sure its the FSb on the board. Do you guys know of anyway to mod the board or some kind of bios that can make the board more stable? i have a chaintech vnf3-250 . thanks guys

I gotta admit is pretty insane for an athlon coming out stock at 1.8 and getting up to 2.55
is pretty damn good on just air cooling and mild voltage. I might need to try another motherboard.

I built a VNF3-250 with a 2800+ and its fine at 300mhz fsb with an 8x multi and 3x HT and the highest I've had it with the 9x multi is 270fsb with a 3x HT also.

Both of those are 1.65 vcore.

It does 250mhz stock voltages.

So I'd say you have a nice overclock.

1.65v.

also i would not complain about that my system will only oc to about 2.3ghz @1.65v.

I'm not complaining I was just wondering if you guys know of any mods to make it go higher? Any Ideas? Come on I'm sure somebody in [H] Forums knows!

Back