Athlon 64/FX OC... Who has reached 250FSB/250DDR 1:1

ive pushed my system so far, that even with the SATA lock, ive corrupted my sata drive twenty or thirty timrd now. Hey omega, SATA 3/4 are the ones right by the cpu socket right?

James Earl Ray said:
I think I have screenshots that show otherwise. I ran 2.2.2.5 at 254x13 and 2.5.4.3.6 at 300x11 and there was quite a difference in bandwidth. I did it for the guys at DFI-Street. Ill try to find the pics.

Again, Bandwitch incress. Yes, absoutly! (synthitic benchmarking....yawn)

Real world preformence incress with that much memory speed and so called bandwith.... Nothing to brag about...

And again, dont get me wrong, the faster the better, i would run it if i could, (well i havent had time push much futher than i have thats why iv stoped) But dont mislead people into beliveing they have to run 300+ FSB to have the fastest system. For the people that really just want to game, it dosnt matter (250 vs 300+ )

I(illa Bee said:

Real world preformence incress with that much memory speed and so called bandwith.... Nothing to brag about...

And again, dont get me wrong, the faster the better, i would run it if i could, (well i havent had time push much futher than i have thats why iv stoped) But dont mislead people into beliveing they have to run 300+ FSB to have the fastest system. For the people that really just want to game, it dosnt matter (250 vs 300+ )
Really.... :D

*ducks under desk*

Honestly, I want to see 1000fps in Quake 3 :p

hey i had my AMD slot1 with the "Golden fingers" overclcoking tool (i think i had ym 600Mhz CPU running 830 or something)...and a Vodoo 3500TV card! and 512mbs of ram! i was owning at 80fps!

Of course, i got owned in the game....never was good at quake

slamgoku said:
yall better run yo ass fo cover

I would love to see some benchmarks of a amd 64 CPU running 300FSB next to a 64 running 250, or even 200 2-2-2-5 1t. (same clock speed)

And not a synthitic bench...real games demos or something...I understand that the memory bandwith incresses...But for what is what im asking?

the games dont care...

memory bandwidth increases when the bus speed which is directly linked to the ram speed increases

dont understand, what do you mean by "for what is what"? i though you mean twhat causes it to rise..

I(illa Bee said:

You're right on the difference beetween 240-2-2-2-5/1T (BH-5) and 300-2.5-4-3-7/1T (TCCD-440)...Specs on screenshots with 850XTPE on stock AF16/AA6
bh51or.jpg

tccd9kv.jpg

Thanks you for helping me prove the point Cent. Im suprised at how close they really are, From my expecence 250mhz vs 300+Mhz has not been that much the same, useally 300+Mhz has shown about a 5pfs incress..but those are pretty much dead on the same.

BTW: that is a sick ass setup...

I second the "sickass setup" reference. :cool:

But yah, games love low-latency over bandwidth. You have to clock in some major extra MHz to make up for the slack timings. However, I doubt that is the case in other realworld business etc. applications.

Mr. K6 said:
I second the "sickass setup" reference. :cool:

But yah, games love low-latency over bandwidth. You have to clock in some major extra MHz to make up for the slack timings. However, I doubt that is the case in other realworld business etc. applications.

I dont know he has 300Mhz there, thats pretty damm high and it still dosnt help in game.

I did a little photo shop testing, rendering some images. I timmed a 30mb image i was palying with some filters on, and it was 2 secounds faster on my box at 225 2-2-2-5 1t that it was 255 2.5-3-3-7 1t

but thats a prette crude way of benchmarking...but I game on this box so I want whats best gamming and as for the office...well...who is in any hurry at work anyway..my POS 3.2ghz dell sucks monkey ballz but i dont care becasue its only work. I dont mind stting and waiting for somehting...

take note that 255 is the highest i can run 1t at on my ASUS SLI non delux and i wont run 2t at all.. so 255 is the top i can go.

Join the club, my memory stops for stable running at 245, no matter the timings (2.5-2-2-6 1T all the way to 3-4-4-8 2T) or if I up the voltage to 2.8v. There's always a wall :p

Hey, I finally did some more overclocking, for a wile i was running 225x12 2700 MHz, and didn’t have time to push it more.....

Anywho... I did some more overclcoking last night. Dropping the CPC to 2t I was able to boot into windows at 233x12 for 2800 MHz (I like 100 MHz steps) DDR 1:1 233 MHz 2-2-2-5 1.8v and 1.65v core.

I ran some Doom3 (just for a FPS check) and even thought I dropped it to 2t the increase of 100 MHz gave me an 8fps increase average... So Then I dropped it back to 225x12 with 1t 2-2-2-5 and ran the same demo, at expected a 9fps drop from the previous run.

Here is where it gets interesting. Setting the BIOS to 225x12 2700 MHz, DDR450 2t-2-2-2-5. And what do you know; the demo ran the same FPS and 225x12, 1t-2-2-2-5. (Give or take 1fps)

So what dose 1t really do for real life gamming? If it’s only good for "synthetic" Benching...the ill pass on worrying about it...

250x9.0 2.25Ghz 1.4v
3000+ s939
1:1 2.5-4-3-8 1T EL Plat Rev. 2
SuperPi 32M, 24 hour prime95
43ns latency

I can run 250 1:1, but I do not. I crank the FSB and use a divider, as there is no performance loss when using one.

TeeJayHoward said:
250x9.0 2.25Ghz 1.4v
3000+ s939
1:1 2.5-4-3-8 1T EL Plat Rev. 2
SuperPi 32M, 24 hour prime95
43ns latency

32 is a tad too fast for 2.25Ghz and 2.5-4-3-8 dont you think?

I(illa Bee said:
32 is a tad too fast for 2.25Ghz and 2.5-4-3-8 dont you think?

What are you talking about? I meant, it completed a SuperPi 32 million digit round, not that it did it in 32 minutes ;)

TeeJayHoward said:
What are you talking about? I meant, it completed a SuperPi 32 million digit round, not that it did it in 32 minutes ;)

Ohh i thought you did the "standard" 1M caculation in 32 secounds....

The generally one to use is 1mb..its the one most peopel compar to.

I(illa Bee said:
Ohh i thought you did the "standard" 1M caculation in 32 secounds....

The generally one to use is 1mb..its the one most peopel compar to.

Not for stability it isn't. If he's only running 2.25GHz, he's not going for a speed record ;)

As long it can run games and benches with high oc cpu and gpu than its ok for me :D Sometimes some oc system can survive SP 32m, but after screenshots done it rebooted cause cpu still overheat..

centvalny said:
As long it can run games and benches with high oc cpu and gpu than its ok for me :D Sometimes some oc system can survive SP 32m, but after screenshots done it rebooted cause cpu still overheat..

I just finished the 32m caculation twice acually.. :p gonna paly some BIA now before bed...

Back