Athlon 64 Board With PCI-E->AGP Adapter

MadFlava

Limp Gawd
I remember seeing a while back that a couple of companies were offering motherboards with an adapter that enabled AGP cards to plug into PCI-E. I want to get a new mobo/cpu combo and have about decided on an Athlon 64 3700 with the SD core but I really didnt want to go with a motherboard with an AGP slot only and end up with a deadend upgrade.

Can anyone make any suggestions or is actually using one of these setups?

Thanks

Looks like an Nforce 3 mobo with an AGP slot is in my future :(

I hate to replace this GF 6800 Ultra I have right now with the new cards on the horizon.

NF3 might last you to the AMD socket change especially if it supports X2's. Next gen will almost certainly have AGP parts so you might get one more video upgrade out of your computer or just keep the Ultra until the socket change.

MadFlava said:
Looks like an Nforce 3 mobo with an AGP slot is in my future :(

I hate to replace this GF 6800 Ultra I have right now with the new cards on the horizon.

There isn't much of a performance difference between nf3 and nf4 anyway, unless of course you're going to want to overclock, or want specific nf4 features.

UnknownSouljer said:
There isn't much of a performance difference between nf3 and nf4 anyway, unless of course you're going to want to overclock, or want specific nf4 features.

Have you had a specific problem with NF3 OCing? They've OCed fine for me...in some cases better than the NF4 board I'm using.

Back