Atari E.T. Video Game From the Alamogordo NM Landfill Dig

Guess I missed something, because now it says local pickup only.

it was prob insane to ship like new egg canada to were i am lol, at there prices its like they ship to the moon then back to earth then to me,

Best I can do is like 25$.

I would actually give someone $25 for it though.

ive got a mint unburied copy for sale for the low price of 2 mil, and i will even do free shipping!!!

Cool Story Bro.png

Here's a cheaper one.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/ET-Extra-T...483344?hash=item2f3c7ffb90:g:NW4AAOSwTvNeH0O6
I really need to start doing some landfill digs and offering trash products on Ebay for opening bids of a quarter mil it seems.

Technically not the same. That's a retail copy, not one that made it into the landfill. I do think a landfill copy is more collectible, but this guy is insane to think it's worth over a mil.

There are two more on Ebay right now:

$100k - https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Howar...246274?hash=item46a6dd85c2:g:g4UAAOSwbEFeH6Ky
$1.2mil - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-E-T-...810316?hash=item26245cabcc:g:jM8AAOSwPn1dVDnO

The later one is even more stupid. 50 grand higher and a worse presentation for sure. Even the 100k one I'd call high, but certainly the one to buy if you have way to much money and need to own this. No fancy display or whatever, but they have the COAs, and more games. So you can skip the million dollar shadow box if this is your thing. I still feel like this should be worth a couple grand, tops. The COA's would imply there are at least 9,000 of these out there. Not exactly super rare.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
lol 1 million dollars???

and it isn't the worst game ever made! stop saying it is everyone.

There is a market for this as a collectible it's just not that rare.

I mean wasn't there tens of thousands of these encrusted in cement when they buried them? I know that ~850-900 were sold at auction for ~$100k. I might pay ~$100 realistically for one and buy a case to show my nerd friends in my den. Alright maybe I'd buy one for several hundred dollars because I'm a helpless nerd.

Thousands? Certainly not
Tens of thousands? Fuck yourself
Hundred of thousands? My poor heart
Millions? I'll just stroke out right here.

I mean wasn't there tens of thousands of these encrusted in cement when they buried them? I know that ~850-900 were sold at auction for ~$100k. I might pay ~$100 realistically for one and buy a case to show my nerd friends in my den. Alright maybe I'd buy one for several hundred dollars because I'm a helpless nerd.

Thousands? Certainly not
Tens of thousands? Fuck yourself
Hundred of thousands? My poor heart
Millions? I'll just stroke out right here.
Wait, they sold 900 of these for $100K each?

That's $90M! For that much, they could produce a modern AAA caliber remake.*

*Maybe they could beat their previous record and make an even worse game.

I have this game. It's stored in my fathers barn upstairs in a suit case full of games. Haven't peeked at it for years. I remember playing Outlaw all the time. It's nice to have but it's not worth what these crazies are seeking.

I have this game. It's stored in my fathers barn upstairs in a suit case full of games. Haven't peeked at it for years. I remember playing Outlaw all the time. It's nice to have but it's not worth what these crazies are seeking.

You might want to get that suitcase and sell the games before people realize it is silly to have the original carts for such things as an ATARI.

You might want to get that suitcase and sell the games before people realize it is silly to have the original carts for such things as an ATARI.
You're probably right. I know where those are at but more pissed that I can't find my Stompers and Slot Cars.

Technically not the same. That's a retail copy, not one that made it into the landfill. I do think a landfill copy is more collectible, but this guy is insane to think it's worth over a mil.

There are two more on Ebay right now:

$100k - https://www.ebay.com/itm/RARE-Howar...246274?hash=item46a6dd85c2:g:g4UAAOSwbEFeH6Ky
$1.2mil - https://www.ebay.com/itm/Atari-E-T-...810316?hash=item26245cabcc:g:jM8AAOSwPn1dVDnO

The later one is even more stupid. 50 grand higher and a worse presentation for sure. Even the 100k one I'd call high, but certainly the one to buy if you have way to much money and need to own this. No fancy display or whatever, but they have the COAs, and more games. So you can skip the million dollar shadow box if this is your thing. I still feel like this should be worth a couple grand, tops. The COA's would imply there are at least 9,000 of these out there. Not exactly super rare.

The link for the $1.2 million above is my brother. He put it up as a joke, but he'd sure as shit sell it if someone actually gave him an outrageous offer.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
You know what the stupid thing is... These would of made a great prize for a cereal box, or perhaps could have been retooled to be a mod kit. We now talk about e-waste, but this story is like the grandfather of e-waste polluters. Moral of the story, don't ever bury a bad product without first giving some creative thought to what It could be used for.

The only thing I would be interested in would be the DeLorean. I played that game before on a retropie and the level of frustration that game gave me where insane.

Dang, that's quite reasonable!

…only $4.80 for shipping from Staten island!

Back