ATARI - banning and locking our rights after lying to us TDU

I play the game on PC, never had a problem with it :confused:

The one thing you have to remember is that the vast majority of PC users don't know their asses from their registry and don't have the slightest idea on how to keep a clean, stable system.

The game has never BSOD or "crashed" on my machine. In fact the only game in recent memory that has given me any trouble at all is titan quest, but I figured out why and fixed it and it hasn't ever again.

QFT. A lot of PC "Gamers" really need to learn how to setup and maintain a stable system.

If a game is as buggy as you make out, then why do you not return it to the place you purchased it from. Ive done that with 2 of my PC games over the last 3 years and both times got a full refund, if the game isnt fit for purpose, then they shouldnt be able to sell it, by purchasing something which is defective and hoping for a patch is stupid. Just buy the game again when the patch comes out (probably save a few $/£ at the same time).

If more people did this on buggy ass games, then the industry wouldnt be in the state of releasing patches for several months after a game comes out. Balance issues/Extra content and stuff like that is fair enough, but anything which stops you completing the game or if the game is unstable should be unacceptable. I cant remember what the first game was, but the second game was supreme commander, i purchased it again after several patches, when it was eventually stable enough to play.

If this was anything else like a TV which would turn off after 30 minutes of viewing, then you would get a refund. You should take exactly the same stance with any product you buy.

You're lucky that you got a refund. Every store I have bought games from recently thoroughly inspect the packaging to ensure that it was not opened. Cd keys are what make the game playable online, and retailers have already realized that once the package is opened the game is useless to the next buyer.

TDU is a piece of crap. It ran at 5-10fps on a volt modded heavily overclocked 7900GT 256mb. I upgraded to a 7950GT and it ran a good deal better, but still sucked. My 8800GTS does much better.

Crashing and freezing errors occurred for me in XP, but when I installed it in Vista Ultimate it ran fine with literally no errors, save game corruptions, freezes, or stuttering.

TDU is a piece of crap. It ran at 5-10fps on a volt modded heavily overclocked 7900GT 256mb. I upgraded to a 7950GT and it ran a good deal better, but still sucked. My 8800GTS does much better.

Crashing and freezing errors occurred for me in XP, but when I installed it in Vista Ultimate it ran fine with literally no errors, save game corruptions, freezes, or stuttering.

Runs fine for me. Maybe you're overclocked too much? That or you're running it with the crappy HDR on. Runs and looks much better with it off.

You're lucky that you got a refund. Every store I have bought games from recently thoroughly inspect the packaging to ensure that it was not opened.

Well at first they said they could only replace the game with the same one. I just stood there and told them it doesnt work, its buggy and i wouldnt be leaving until i got a refund. When a store knows your going to stand your ground and not leave, they normally buckle.

Here in the UK you just mention the sales of goods act and trading standards and stuff and they pretty much give in, because you still have your consumer rights that protect you against crap like this.

You already bought the game.

Atari has your money.

Learn your lesson and wait for reviews before purchasing a game. Let me guess - you preordered it and are now bitching that a game you paid for before ever even getting a chance to try is playing like shit. Go figure.

BUT ATARI ARE FLAMING THIS FORUM BY TAKING ACTION AGAINST THOSE WHO ARE DEMANDING AN ANSWER THAT IS PERFECTLY RESONABLE AND UNDERSTANDABLE !!!!

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD - ANSWER THE PATCH QUESTION ATARI

Don't yell so loud. You'll 'splode your own head long before you accomplish anything.

Persecution complexes are common among people posting complaints on game makers' forums. I ask you, why did you expect anything different? It's within their rights and interests to censor you, especially if the posts in question are rants like this one. The forums are just an extension of their website, which exists to distribute limited information and help them make money. So the forums are mainly a "fanboy" feature, if you will. A place for people to go and drool enthusiastically over upcoming releases, and leave exuberant praise for recent ones. Now a certain level of critical feedback has to be acceptable and even encouraged ('X was good, but I really wish it had Y too. Maybe in the sequel?'), but as soon as it looks like an angry mob is beginning to form ('WE DEMAND ACTION NOW!'), the moderators' obligation to preserve order and keep the forum from filling with hellish levels of negative PR for the company will kick in, and then come the thread locks/deletions and bans of users who make targets of themselves by being the biggest or least-civil agitators.

Unfortunately, this kind of experience is the risk we run these days when snapping up a new game before investigating its gameplay and support (investigate by reading reviews and forum responses - on forums other than the game companies').

Let's talk about sharks.....

Thank you for thinking of me. :D

The one thing you have to remember is that the vast majority of PC users don't know their asses from their registry and don't have the slightest idea on how to keep a clean, stable system.

That is true, but just because the OP has complaints and you don't doesn't mean that he's incompetent with a massively corrupt system. Hardware and drivers alone can account for huge differences in stability and performance between two PCs.

Ah heck, Looks like the patch failed to be released yet again.

TDU worked fine for me during the 2 weeks that I played it...

It was the "bumpy" roads that ruined it for me. Not having smooth hills puts a damper on handling.

I remember playing the closed beta and the only glitches i had were with sound and thats it, no crashing whatsoever.
The bumpy roads were annoying though, did they fix them by now? :)

It might have helped if he explained the situation and then asked for help. Instead, as far as I could tell, he just posted this as he would have posted it on Atari's forums. I have never played Test Drive Unlimited so I didn't realize there were issues. It took me until about the middle of his topic to even realize what game he was talking about. Obviously, others didn't realize there were issues with it either. It's not that the people don't care, it's just that when topics are posted like this one, they aren't taken seriously. It's just the way forums are.
It took me until this post to realize what game this thread was talking about.

On the upside, I do now know some things about sharks that I didn't before.

GreatHammerheadPhoto03.jpg

Shame on you for stealing bandwidth!:mad:

:)

If a game is as buggy as you make out, then why do you not return it to the place you purchased it from.
I'm not sure what world you live in, but every store in NY and Philly once you open a computer game, they won't take it back unless you return it because Satan popped out of the box and sodomized your cat. And they need proof.

But the OP, even though his post looks sorta childish, is right.

Atari in particular, has a habit of releasing "games" that are more like "betas".

I play the game on PC, never had a problem with it :confused:

The game has never BSOD or "crashed" on my machine. In fact the only game in recent memory that has given me any trouble at all is titan quest, but I figured out why and fixed it and it hasn't ever again.

Id agree with you there. Very very few games cause me serious trouble. PC users think they can buy a PC and treat it like an XBOX and then assume every game should just install and play perfectly. After a decade of hardcore PC gaming and PC building, you learn that if you keep your system clean, managed, organized followed by a hard drive nuke once or twice a year is the only way to keep your computer running efficiently and without major errors.

And yes I had issues with Titan Quest when I first installed it... I believe the first patch out fixed any major bug I had anyways... Since that game... Nothing that I couldn't fix myself. Lots of times its simple knowing what to turn off or on in your settings that will fix most problems.

Back