At Work Only do you have 1 or 2 or maybe even 3 monitors?

How many monitors do you work with at work?

• Total voters
I have two monitors. Could I find I could use three

I have one 22" WS

And 1 Dell 20.1" Standard

Software Developer on one Dell 3008WFP and one Dell 2408WFP. I didn't ask, they just provided. Problem is I want a 30" for home now.

I'm in the IT industry but work at a Risk Management corporation. In our Los Angeles office we've deployed 2 17" LCDs (and now upgrading them slowly to 2x19" LCDs) to every user along with a fairly good workstation.

I personally have 3 monitors on my primary workstation, but have a 4th that I use as part of a console for imaging new machines and whatnot. My 3 primary monitors are 2x 17" and 1x 20" Dells.

2 here, sysadmin. 1x e207wfp and 1x 1901fp. I was stuck using a single monitor for awhile, it sucked.

I work in IT (point of sale software and hardware ) and have 2 19". Could never go back to one.

I'm IT. Mac Pro with a single 30" ACD. On a side note: For any new pc deployments, the users have a choice of one 24", two 22" or two 20" monitors. If someone asked for more than two, it would depend on the cost, but no one has.

IT Consulting

I'm a Developer in the consulting industry. Sadly, since I travel about 80%, it's only feasible to use a laptop, so 1 screen for me.

IT Management and Systems support -

1 laptop with add'l monitor; 2 other local machines (1 monitor each- one does network monitoring, the other is a RDP box)

1x26" Acer. I do database administration and web development. It's great to have VS.Net on a large screen. At my previous job I had a 19" CRT connected to my 15" laptop - outlook ot the 15", SQL and a terminal server session on the 19".

IT Consulting.

Generally I travel a lot, but I do technically have 2 monitors. 15.4" wuxga (1920x1200) and a 20" ws connected to the docking station when I'm at the office.

I do a lot of pre-sales, BOM's etc. So I generally have Excel open on one and browser on the other looking up parts etc.

I'm putting in a request for a second 20" ws though, the dot pitch difference is starting to get to me.

I have 2, but I work for myself running a small business. When I was in the corporate world people in technical/computer jobs could usually justify it depending on the dept budget.

None of the corporate jobs would let people bring in their own equipment, and I don't blame them.

i have my person macbook, and then i have a pos HP 15" lcd hooked up to a kvm switch for repairs on our bench

edit: tech for small IT firm

I have 2 x 20" dells.
Software Company
Everyone in the building has 2 monitors (even receptionist). One guy has 3, but he brought 1 from home. All 2 monitor setups were decided by the CEO and COO.

And just to tease everyone, almost everyone at the company has at LEAST a dual core or better setup with at least 4 GB of RAM (even sales ppl!!!). I just built 3 Core i7's with 940's and 12 GB of RAM for one department.

I work with up to 2 monitors in electronic sales daily. Get kinda hectic at times.

2 24" LCDs for me, the other person in my department has 3 19" LCD.

I want to move to a single 30", but that would raise too many eyebrows. I'm the Director of IT at a school. I'm in charge of all IT purchasing, so things tend to land on my desk. :D

Where I've worked in the past, I've only ever had a single display. Now that I work from home, I can have as many as I like. :)

1 dell 15" on a ergotron LCD arm hooked up to my own 780g build PC

I am a high school science teacher and after 2 weeks i got tired of not being able to install software, google earth, NASA Worldwind and many more free apps...... so i build my own.

my schools dell optiplex from 2003 is hiding behind a bookshelf and my PC is hiding between my desk and a lab table...

But i also have my dell projector so that kind of is another monitor....

I did have two monitors very briefly, then I got a Dell Dimension e521 which only has one video out. So they split the difference and gave me a 20" widescreen.

If they had a video card that was recent enough to work with Vista (as much as I like it at home... small problems like this make me not like it in business) I'd still have two monitors, but the newest video card we have laying around is a 9000-series Radeon, which is kinda sad.

Oh well.

I work as a supervisor for a document management company.

Web Developer, I have a 24" iMac and a c2d Compaq laptop hooked up to a 2407WFP.

All of the designers here run 24" iMacs, the developers all have their pick of what they want, I wanted 2x Dell 24"s but got antsy waiting for the 2nd one and took the iMac in addition to what I had.

Sales reps all get single 17" Dell LCDs ;)

Currently only have one. Had two at my old job and it made life so much easier. Trying to convince the boss now that we should all go to two. I think he would do it if I could let him try it first.

Industry = accounting.

Working on 3 right now and possibly one more for work. At home I am just fine with one large 30 incher.

2x 2007fp and dual xeon workstation.

Unix System Administrator for Dept. of Tax and Finance.

Back