At the shopping cart with Das Keyboard... continue?

Stormlifter

2[H]4U
Should I bite or do you guys know of a better option.

What I want.

• I'm going to switch to Dvorak so I was looking at the Das Keyboard Ultimate S since it has no labels which seems easier.
  • I'd like something that isn't outrageously loud, I like the clink, but I talk on the phone while typing and have other people that won't appreciate the noise
  • I play games
  • I like number pads. At least I think I do.
What I don't like about the Das Keyboard.

• No media controls, not a huge issue because I guess I can get a breakout keyboard for that.

Any suggestions? I'd rather not spend MORE then the Das, So around $130 is what I wanna spend.

Last edited:
Steelseries 6Gv2 if you don't want to spend more than $130 and if you go slightly over $130 I would get a Filco. I think both of those keyboards are of higher quality than the DAS.

I would get the Das.I have a Professional Silent model,good keyboard.

Steelseries 6Gv2 if you don't want to spend more than $130 and if you go slightly over $130 I would get a Filco. I think both of those keyboards are of higher quality than the DAS.
Steelseries seems cool, but that's QWERTY. I mean I guess I would spend more if it was incredible. But I don't really feel that Filco thing, seems just like a Das, but twice the price and probably a bit better, but nothing I'd feel like "yeah $200 more was worth it"

I've had my Ultimate for 2 years now. It has certainly increased my already fast typing speed (people who listen to me type think there is a woodpecker outside), but there are times when I wish I had stuck with the professional. Occasionally I need to use odd characters (&,[,], etc) and having to guess where they are on the keyboard can get slightly annoying. However, it is nice that nobody else seems to be able to use my computer. :p

Back