AT&T Set To Announce DirecTV Acquisition Sunday

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
Hold onto your set-top boxes if you are a DirectTV customer, you are about to join the AT&T family. In a deal worth about $50 Billion bucks, AT&T will be taking over DirectTV’s 20 Million subscribers. A formal announcement will be made by AT&T spokesmen on Sunday.

“The deal is done,” the source said, adding that DirecTV CEO Mike White has already informed senior executives that the deal is finished and plans to give public confirmation Sunday.

Comcast vs AT&T FIGHT!

tumblr_lnlke8pu561qlq12ko1_500.jpg

Comcast vs AT&T FIGHT!

tumblr_lnlke8pu561qlq12ko1_500.jpg

HAHAHA.... That's so funny! And true!

In my area, the only serious broadband option is Comcast. And even though I haven't been stiffed - yet - I wonder if AT&T would improve their broadband (DSL) after this merger.

Directv subscription cancelled the minute this happens...f&*k at&t!

Ugh, this sucks. The last time I had any AT&T services, they kept mailing me a check for "overpayment" every time I'd pay a bill. Then they'd threaten me with collection for not paying. That went on for months, and dozens of phone calls.

It amazes me how more and more people are griping about cable/broadband provider poor support, yet they keep going about their business, without showing any real improvement in customer satisfaction, as if nothing were.
You would imagine, any shoddy business would go bankrupt in no time because of such practices, but thanks to lobbyists, and their legislative partners, there won't be an end to all this nonsense anytime soon.

Welp, looks like I'm not going back to Directv when my contract comes up with Comcast in a couple years.

Never had a problem with them, only jumped because Comcast offered me the Xtreme 105 tier with basically the exact same TV package I had with Directv with their X1 DVR plus HBO and HD for $90 a month for two years. Great customer service, easy to work with.

I refuse to do business with AT&T after it took them a WEEK to fix a problem with my landline phone line that was at their junction box, all the while I had no phone service. I canceled a few months later when I got a hell of a deal on a Ooma box and never looked back.

I have to choose between one of the satellite companies.. and Charter. That's not much of a choice, even with the D* acquisition.

I've never tried Dish, but I don't fancy messing with some idiots to get it set up.

I've never tried Dish, but I don't fancy messing with some idiots to get it set up.

Go through a local Dish retailer and you should be fine. Calling Dish directly is a crapshoot. They have some good people and installers, but there are also quite a few bad ones. Local retailers have to try a little harder to stay in business.

Fucking A. I have given up all hope of the government to stop these mergers. In my city/county you can now only get comcast for internet, and Comcast,Dish for TV. Where the fuck am I living now? Didn't the population pay enough attention to history and school to vote against our representatives who allow this shit.

This makes me wonder if the days when I had to go to work to get Internet access were really that bad. I seemed to spend lot less, and do a lot more outside.

I have to choose between one of the satellite companies.. and Charter. That's not much of a choice, even with the D* acquisition.

Such a shame. Charter in my area, for me at least, is awesome. Service is reliably fast, reliably connected, no data caps, and the customer service is top notch! I'd like to know why its so good in my area but not in others...:confused:

You do have a choice. Cancel the service. I cut out "television" (we're growing in numbers) over a year ago. Difficult the first few weeks but after about a month, you don't miss it. Just pay for the internet feed and purchase you own cable modem. Don't look back. Fukem!

That was my exfperience 1st month I was like eh, but then got use to it and netflix. All i need atm. Redbox if there is a rental at the store around the corner.

My folks have DTV and hate AT&T/Dish. I really wonder what they plan to do.

Oddly as well, Comcast increased their internet speed from 50/10 to 125/15 for no extra cost, I wonder if Comcast is trying to "entice" them into Xfinity?

It amazes me how more and more people are griping about cable/broadband provider poor support, yet they keep going about their business, without showing any real improvement in customer satisfaction, as if nothing were.
You would imagine, any shoddy business would go bankrupt in no time because of such practices, but thanks to lobbyists, and their legislative partners, there won't be an end to all this nonsense anytime soon.

The problem is that people don't voice their opinion with their $$. You can sit here and say how <insert company name> is horrible and you hate them. But as long as you keep giving them your business why do they care? As long as you give them money they aren't going to care what you think of them. You have to cancel your service, go with somebody else and no give them any money if you really want to make a change.

Fucking A. I have given up all hope of the government to stop these mergers. In my city/county you can now only get comcast for internet, and Comcast,Dish for TV. Where the fuck am I living now? Didn't the population pay enough attention to history and school to vote against our representatives who allow this shit.

DirecTV isn't in your area? That is a first that you can't get both Dish and Direct

Back