AT&T Samsung Galaxy Note 3 Receiving Android 4.4 KitKat

pandora's box

Supreme [H]ardness
My phone is currently downloading update 4.4

http://www.nextpowerup.com/news/805...te-3-receiving-android-4-4-kitkat-update.html

• Improved user interface: The latest version of Android includes enhancements such as re-styled status and navigation bars, a new full-screen-immersive mode, color emoji support, improved closed captioning support, stronger security and smarter power use.
  • Default messaging app: Choose a default messaging app when multiple messaging services are installed.
  • Improved GPS performance.
  • Enhanced music access: Full screen album art and media controls are available from the lock screen when listening to music.
  • Camera access: The camera can also be accessed directly from the lock screen.
  • Location menu: An integrated location menu enables users to easily activate GPS and share location details.
  • Wireless printing: Integrated support for wireless printing available in enhanced settings.
  • New sound controls: Set sound for specific Samsung applications in enhanced settings.

I really hope the GPS issues are resolved, its the one thing I really hate about this phone. If that is fixed, this phone is perfect.

What GPS issue have you had? I have not had any on my Note 3.

I have read some posts over at XDA, but mine seemed to work fine, so hopefully the update does not screw it up.

Looks like the update is finally available for me today as well in SE Michigan.

The update borked my sd card lol. Phone can no longer read from it. Surprised me because I was getting ready to go to work and I use bluetooth streaming in my car and all my music apps said no music. Phone sees the SD Card but cant read anything in it. I'll have to see if a format will fix it when I get home.

What GPS issue have you had? I have not had any on my Note 3.

I have read some posts over at XDA, but mine seemed to work fine, so hopefully the update does not screw it up.

Looks like the update is finally available for me today as well in SE Michigan.

I will randomly lose GPS signal while navigating. Turning the GPS off and then on again fixes it for about 2 minutes

The Note 3 is plagued by GPS issues. Check the XDA forums.

Seems to be a common issue on Android phones. More than it should be. My LG G2 has GPS issues in doors but my Note 2 had zero GPS issues.

lol well I didnt know so theres that. At the very least I was planning on a full wipe anyways. Just have to see if i can grab my pictures from the SD card. My note 3 barely last the day the past month. I get maybe 2 hrs screen time before I am at 20%.

That's crazy I go 48 hours between charges all the time on my note 2

That's crazy I go 48 hours between charges all the time on my note 2

Just reset it today and so far after 9hrs I am at 82%. So I think on my normal usage days I can get a good full day. I've been having to scale back my usage last month or so because of the drain and I didnt know what was causing it. Everything seems to be like when I just got the phone in October.

Interesting. I didn't realize that terrible GPS issue happened to anyone else. I'm installing the update now. 550mb's.

Let's hope it fixes that issue as well. REALLY frustrating while driving.

The update borked my sd card lol. Phone can no longer read from it. Surprised me because I was getting ready to go to work and I use bluetooth streaming in my car and all my music apps said no music. Phone sees the SD Card but cant read anything in it. I'll have to see if a format will fix it when I get home.

this is a strange question, but what brand SD card do you have? i've actually had two samsung phones eat SD cards(if i remember correctly both cards were sandisk) and after reading up on it over at xda apparently its a common thing for samsung not to like sandisk cards. got a samsung sd card and low and behold it's lasted... talk about strange

also, if you don't mind added bulk, check out the ZeroLemon 10,000 mAh battery...holy hell... i get 3-4 days of heavy use and up to 7 if i'm just texting/browsing reddit on my phone

this is a strange question, but what brand SD card do you have? i've actually had two samsung phones eat SD cards(if i remember correctly both cards were sandisk) and after reading up on it over at xda apparently its a common thing for samsung not to like sandisk cards. got a samsung sd card and low and behold it's lasted... talk about strange

also, if you don't mind added bulk, check out the ZeroLemon 10,000 mAh battery...holy hell... i get 3-4 days of heavy use and up to 7 if i'm just texting/browsing reddit on my phone

I use a samsung branded micro sd card. I just factory reset my phone and sd card and everything is back to normal with immensely better battery life. I cant do the added bulk lol, between the Note 3 I use for myself and the Note 2 I have for work its just too much to add anymore to them. If I do get it one of them will have to go into my pack and then I will either forget to check or not hear it.

2 bugs so far.

1) When typing in a text box, no words appear on the screen and unable to hit send. Yet the auto correct keeps flicking through words as if it's functioning properly.

2) Unable to unlock phone. Screen stays black. After about 15 seconds I can unlock it. Happens sporatically. Never had these issues until the update.

I have yet to try out the GPS fix.

Will the Note 3 get the cool looking 'flat' look of TocuhWiz on the S5 ? I just saw an S5 at the ATT store, and have to admit, walked away really impressed. The new Touchwiz looked a ton better, than what's been around the last couple of years. The S5 overall was super fast, especially in the phone / contacts screens.

Been about a week now with the update. Been using the GPS constantly when I've been driving around. Has not lost signal once, nor has the indicator of where I am currently gone off the road like before the update.

Solid update I'd say.

Back