AT&T Rolls Out 4G to 35 New US Markets

CommanderFrank

Cat Can't Scratch It
AT&T announced this week that the company has added 35 new markets to its 4G network across the US. AT&T expects to expand the network by an additional 45 cities by the end of the summer.

The rollout will of course be a huge benefit to anyone in those markets who owns an iPhone 5 or the latest iPad equipped with 4G LTE.

they just upgrade us to 4g from edge last week here in ky. My d/l speeds are 0.22mbps and uploads at 0.28mbps. ran speedtest several times since i took this screen shot and .5mbps is as fast as i can get.
4G my ass.

Is that FauxG (HSPA) or LTE? Your speeds seem low in either case, really.

they just upgrade us to 4g from edge last week here in ky. My d/l speeds are 0.22mbps and uploads at 0.28mbps. ran speedtest several times since i took this screen shot and .5mbps is as fast as i can get.
4G my ass.

something is seriously wrong with your modem, I'm getting .7 up and .5 down right now with 2 bars of 3G.

something is seriously wrong with your modem, I'm getting .7 up and .5 down right now with 2 bars of 3G.

i tested it my wifes phone too...same old crap. less than a half meg max. i can drive 20 minutes west to a bigger city and get 5mbps downloads

This is done with T-Mobile in Jersey. Ping was lower before but now tests stupid high. This connection is usually good enough as a substitute for when I lose my connection at home from a storm or something.
rkff.png

We had just 4g for awhile here where I live then one day I looked at my phone and saw lte below the 4g.

I live in Grenada, MS

With Sprint in Minneapolis I get 9 down and 1.5 up. It ain't that bad.

Those of you with "4G" on your phone getting anything below 2Mbps actually have 3G. AT&T lumps "3G" and "4G" as "4G" on your phone. LTE shows as "LTE" or "4G LTE". From what I understand, they have already upgraded the panels and equipment to "4G" but if the backhaul isn't there, you just get 3G speeds. Kinda sucks. On the other hand, AT&T is going crazy with LTE. In some areas they are jumping from 3G to LTE and skipping "4G".

You should be getting these speeds in an AT&T LTE 10x10 market. 5x5 should see half of this. The maximum LTE speeds I have picked up are around 50Mbps down in the Orlando market which is 10x10. Atlanta is also very impressive.

Mount Dora, FL

Orlando, FL

I live in one of the new cities that just got LTE on that list (victoria, Tx) and the best speed i have gotten on LTE in the city was 8 down and 2 up. average is like 0.2-1mbps down and 0.2-0.5 up. This was tested on various phones. Its actually worse than HSPA+ right now.

Interesting to see so many places so far behind in terms of wireless rollout. I'm on Verizon, but we've had 4G here in the SF Bay Area since basically day one. Last time I did a speed test it was 30Mbps+.

I've only seen my phone revert to 3G a few times, once deep in a valley in the middle of the Santa Cruz mountains, and once out in the yellow grassy hills east of the Altamont pass.

pj52.jpg

I am enjoying the LTE they just rolled out from Hartford, CT to Springfield, MA

4.25Mbps down, 0.85Mbps up on AT&T 4G (not LTE) on my iPhone 4S. Not too shabby for FauxG. I get about 30-45Mbps on my AT&T LTE mi-fi though.

Downtown Chicago here.

Back