AT&T Rolling Out New Wireless Plans With Free WatchTV Service Included

DooKey

[H]F Junkie
If you're an AT&T customer or want to be one you can sign up for their new wireless plans that include the WatchTV service for free. The Unlimited &More plan gives you unlimited 4G LTE and the WatchTV service, however, it doesn't include tethering and limits you to 480p video. The Unlimited &More Premium gives you unlimited 4G LTE, 15GB of full speed tethering, and 1080p streaming. This plan also lets you pick a free premium streaming channel like HBO, Showtime, or streaming music provider like Pandora Premium. Last but not least these plans also give you a $15 credit towards your DirecTV Now account. So go forth and grab this if it sounds good to you.

Like Verizon, AT&T is adding some complexity to its wireless service. There's a different focus here, though. Where Verizon centered on the quality of the core wireless service with its recent addition of a higher-end tier (more high-speed data and travel packages), AT&T is betting that more content will be the draw. That's not necessarily a bad bet when many of its customers are dropping conventional TV.

Im on this plan now. I think you only get hbo free if you bundle the direct TV package. Without direct TV, they are telling me I still get "free hbo" but have to have to pay a subscription for the hbo now app. Kind of bs, because anyone can do that without AT&T. I've already been an hbo now subscriber for over a year.

Im on this plan now. I think you only get hbo free if you bundle the direct TV package. Without direct TV, they are telling me I still get "free hbo" but have to have to pay a subscription for the hbo now app. Kind of bs, because anyone can do that without AT&T. I've already been an hbo now subscriber for over a year.
I have ATT unlimited plus with Uverse TV and receive HBO free for life as long as I have an ATT Unlimited wireless account. It is not tied to DirecTV (which sucks IMHO as I have had both services). True you do have to pay for HBO Now app but HBO GO app is free with your plan. Just log in with your username and password. Your Welcome.

No matter what they market or how they market it, there is no way in hell I will EVER give one penny to those sorry bastards.

Wait, I take that back. If I could poop on the penny first, then I might give it to them.

If you are detecting a bit of anger with that company, then you get a cookie. No sarcasm emote needed here.

I have ATT unlimited plus with Uverse TV and receive HBO free for life as long as I have an ATT Unlimited wireless account. It is not tied to DirecTV (which sucks IMHO as I have had both services). True you do have to pay for HBO Now app but HBO GO app is free with your plan. Just log in with your username and password. Your Welcome.

I'll give it a try. Thanks.

No matter what they market or how they market it, there is no way in hell I will EVER give one penny to those sorry bastards.

Wait, I take that back. If I could poop on the penny first, then I might give it to them.

If you are detecting a bit of anger with that company, then you get a cookie. No sarcasm emote needed here.

Who do you have? They all seem to have their negatives from my experience. I've been with Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T now with the former two giving me too much grief with messed up billing and bad customer service. Not saying AT&T is better by any means but my experience seems to be the same with them all so I just stayed.

Who do you have? They all seem to have their negatives from my experience. I've been with Verizon, Sprint, and AT&T now with the former two giving me too much grief with messed up billing and bad customer service. Not saying AT&T is better by any means but my experience seems to be the same with them all so I just stayed.

We have a neighborhood Internet coop. Started out as a wireless network and we have been slowly migrating to fiber. Not the fastest around. We limit connections to 50Mb/s, right now and it costs $50/month. Every year we kick the speed up a notch. The network guys in the neighborhood rotate out running it. I am in the loop.

Holy shit. I think it worked. It took a few walkthroughs on Reddit threads to dodge all the paid subscription options.

Last edited:
Back