AT&T MicroCell 3G Praise

JacobC1983

2[H]4U
Just wanted to post some good news about a product I recently acquired, I feel that I sometimes complain about something that is bad 10x more than I extend the good news on something that I am happy with.

I recently moved form Oklahoma to Missouri for a new job and have AT&T. Never had problems with service until I moved into my new home. The service is 1 bar and dropped calls ALL the time. If I go out into the driveway, I get full signal. Back into this computer room and I am down to one bar.

I complained to AT&T customer service and they gave me a $50 credit on my bill (I read some people got them for free, but I didn't get that) to purchase a Microcell. I was a little mad I didn't get one for free, too, but what can you do? Went ahead and did it.

This has been the best $100 I have spent. If anyone has poor reception in their home they need to try this thing. I could have switched carriers but I like AT&T and my iPhone 4 and honestly just didn't want to go through to damned trouble. I am lazy, what can I say?

Now I think to myself - I spent $100 to make my phone work like it should have worked in the first place. Even so, no carrier has perfect coverage, and my AT&T service has been spot on up until moving here. Fantastic little device.

Just wanted to post some good news about a product I recently acquired, I feel that I sometimes complain about something that is bad 10x more than I extend the good news on something that I am happy with.

I recently moved form Oklahoma to Missouri for a new job and have AT&T. Never had problems with service until I moved into my new home. The service is 1 bar and dropped calls ALL the time. If I go out into the driveway, I get full signal. Back into this computer room and I am down to one bar.

I complained to AT&T customer service and they gave me a $50 credit on my bill (I read some people got them for free, but I didn't get that) to purchase a Microcell. I was a little mad I didn't get one for free, too, but what can you do? Went ahead and did it.

This has been the best $100 I have spent. If anyone has poor reception in their home they need to try this thing. I could have switched carriers but I like AT&T and my iPhone 4 and honestly just didn't want to go through to damned trouble. I am lazy, what can I say?

Now I think to myself - I spent $100 to make my phone work like it should have worked in the first place. Even so, no carrier has perfect coverage, and my AT&T service has been spot on up until moving here. Fantastic little device.

I was thinking about getting one. For some dumb odd reason since I moved for college I get great coverage everywhere EXCEPT for my room... But $100 is pretty steep when I am already paying so much for the plan.

Maybe you will have better luck with customer service about getting a free one

Last edited:
I recently moved out to the sticks where only Verizon has service (if you call it service). I purchased the 1X network extender and have been extremely happy with it. We used to only get good service in the front yard, but now we get it all over the house and out to our pool in the backyard.
I was worried at first, since it's a 1X extender and we get 3g fading in and out but once our phones connect it pretty much stays connected. I simply use Wifi anyway at home since it's much faster. Geez I am paying $75 a month for 6mbps speeds, may as well use it when I can.

That's the price of living deep in the country.

I also love that only phones that I designate are allowed to connect to the microcell and it is invisible to everyone else.

But $100 is pretty steep when I am already paying so much for the plan.

I feel the same way, but $100 is worth it to get perfect service in a lower service area so that you CAN use the plan you pay for to its fullest ability. This is my opinion of course, in a perfect world there would be service everywhere. But hell, in my home $100 is worth it to have the best speeds and perfect service coverage.

Back