AT&T lowers price for 1 Gbps fiber to $39.99/$49.99 a month for the first year then $59.99/$69.99 after

ng4ever

2[H]4U
Pretty great deal glad their is at least some competition. Lower price is if you have one other AT&T service. You have to call or chat with support to get it if your a existing customer.

*Important some places have a equipment fee added too but lucky our area does not.

https://www.att.com/internet/fiber/

We were paying $70 a month then it was going to go up to $100 a month after a year. Not anymore at least right now.

Last edited:
I upgraded just last week to 1gb for 49$, was paying 50$ for 300 Mbps. Nice deal, also I did not have to call or chat with support, I just logged in and clicked change my plan. New config downloaded and updated within 15 mins.

2.PNG

Hmm, I'm paying $70/mo, but we're got in when they were offering $70/mo for life (ie no price increase ever). I wonder if it's worth losing that to save $20/mo for the first year and $10/mo afterward.

Hmm, I'm paying $70/mo, but we're got in when they were offering $70/mo for life (ie no price increase ever). I wonder if it's worth losing that to save $20/mo for the first year and $10/mo afterward.

Sorry I made a mistake it is actually $20 more after discount.

Last edited:
I wish, mine was $70 to start and then went to $90 after the promo. Still not giving it up though their fiber service has been excellent.

I wish I could get this I'm paying 120 a month to charter for like 850/30 it's $60 more then the base 200/20 which I was lucky to hit.

I saw a flyer here, was $49.95/month but it also said equipment rental charges which they didn't used to charge for (at old rate), not sure if that means you have to use their modem though.

That said, I pay $60/month for 600Mbps, and yeah it's "fast enough" at least the downside, having 15Mbps up is kind of laughable but it's good I never really upload much data, also there is a 1TB/month cap which does such but I've gotten so used to paying $12/month for 2 cell phone lines so it's hard to jump on any other bandwagon.

Well until Sonic gets expanding into this area and charges $40/month I'll stick with what I have, unfortunately now they only have re-sold AT&T at $80/month + equipment fees + all other fees associated with a phone line because they're assholes who think that they need to offer something more not realizing taxes/fees that I'm already paying for on a cell plan will just add another $15/month for a phone that I will never use.

FYI this is what ATT "fiber" looks like in the evenings roughly 15 miles north of Austin TX nowadays:
1583892551090.png

(this is probably the best case scenario w/ the closest/fastest server)

Up until 3 months ago or so I was consistently seeing 800-980 down. Fuck this oversaturated shit.
We're also on the $70/mo for life plan thing.

AT&T, just 1 year ago now offers "up to" 75 Mbit/s in my area. I've had comcast at this location 12 years now at > 100.....

It does say something about rental equipment charges but they dont appear to be charging me, next bill is $50.12 which i guess $49 plus tax.

Speeds seem fine here in ohio, i was actually streaming pluto.tv in the background :)
1583892794031.png

Pretty great deal glad their is at least some competition. Lower price is if you have one other AT&T service. You have to call or chat with support to get it if your a existing customer.

*Important some places have a equipment fee added too but lucky our area does not.

https://www.att.com/internet/fiber/

We were paying $70 a month then it was going to go up to $100 a month after a year. Not anymore at least right now.
"Speeds up to 25Mbps"
LOL!

FYI this is what ATT "fiber" looks like in the evenings roughly 15 miles north of Austin TX nowadays:
View attachment 229183

Up until 3 months ago or so I was consistently seeing 800-980 down. Fuck this oversaturated shit.

But, but, but... fiber means you have your own circuit and you will always get your advertised speeds.

I would call ATT and complain until they fix it. Waste enough of their time and they might actually do something about it.

All we have is Cox in my area and we are paying $120/mo for 1000/30 and $12/mo for the modem.
I usually buy my own Modem but the Docsis 3.1 modems were almost $200 when we got the service last summer.

Lol comcast is monopoly af

All I can get is 1000/35 for 90/mon what a fucking joke
All we have is Cox in my area and we are paying $120/mo for 1000/30 and $12/mo for the modem.
I usually buy my own Modem but the Docsis 3.1 modems were almost $200 when we got the service last summer.

I would be ecstatic to have either of those. Best I can get it fucking CenturyLink DSL at a max of 40/2 for $60 a month:

Lol comcast is monopoly af

All I can get is 1000/35 for 90/mon what a fucking joke

Yup, and you still have a 1tb cap. Here I have 2 small isps both with 1gbps symmetrical (both no data caps) and cocmast. I had both comcast and entouch but when my comcast contract expired 2 months ago windstream was offering 1gbps for $40 for first year and $55 after. Entouch called me before my contract expired this year and voluntarily offered me a 2 year extension at $10 less a month so I took them up on it. Now I have 2 1gbps symmetrical lines to my house for about what I was paying for comcast before.

View attachment 229231

What a bargain! Fortunately I can get gigabit from Spectrum if I really wanted it.

Yeah I live kind of in the country where I am at by choice. So I am not necessarily complaining. However, if I had my way I would live so far in the sticks I would need Hughes Net Satellite just to get my email. I cant afford to do that at this time in my life though .

Yeah I live kind of in the country where I am at by choice. So I am not necessarily complaining. However, if I had my way I would live so far in the sticks I would need Hughes Net Satellite just to get my email. I cant afford to do that at this time in my life though .

I'm not even in the country, just in an old building that I guess AT&T doesn't want to spend the money on bringing a fiber line to.

View attachment 229183

You've got too many muppets moving in from California and bringing their Netflix and YouTube consuming kids with them.

I'm in a city where there is AT&T fiber, but of course they didn't roll it out everywhere in the city. I can however sign up for their blazing fast 50mbps service for $49.99/mo & 1tb cap!

I wish I had AT&T fiber in my area. My choices are crappy AT&T DSL at “up to” 25 Mbps or overpriced Spectrum (I think I’m now at $109 for 300/30). I need to call Spectrum to see what kind of deal they’ll give me, but I hate them so much and just want a real alternative. There is no way I’m going to give them a single penny more for a faster plan. At least my employer subsidizes my Internet somewhat.

I wish I had AT&T fiber in my area. My choices are crappy AT&T DSL at “up to” 25 Mbps or overpriced Spectrum (I think I’m now at $109 for 300/30). I need to call Spectrum to see what kind of deal they’ll give me, but I hate them so much and just want a real alternative. At least my employer subsidizes my Internet somewhat.

My friend has the same problem. :(

View attachment 229183

AT&T Fiber in Cleveland here, your experience has not been mine:

1583923512261.png

My friend has the same problem. :(

Over the last 20 years, I’ve had Comcast, Bright House, and Spectrum. Spectrum is easily the worst and it isn’t even close. They’re always increasing prices and I’ve had more outages in the last couple of years on Spectrum than the previous 18 on Comcast and Bright House. Every day around lunch time, my Internet drops a few times. When you call to ask for deals, they generally aren’t helpful. They suck hard and I hope Elon Musk’s satellite internet works and is all its cracked up to be because if that happens, I look forward to telling Spectrum to go jump off a cliff.

Over the last 20 years, I’ve had Comcast, Bright House, and Spectrum. Spectrum is easily the worst and it isn’t even close. They’re always increasing prices and I’ve had more outages in the last couple of years on Spectrum than the previous 18 on Comcast and Bright House. Every day around lunch time, my Internet drops a few times. When you call to ask for deals, they generally aren’t helpful. They suck hard and I hope Elon Musk’s satellite internet works and is all its cracked up to be because if that happens, I look forward to telling Spectrum to go jump off a cliff.

Cox Communications is worst. IMO.

I wish I had AT&T fiber in my area. My choices are crappy AT&T DSL at “up to” 25 Mbps or overpriced Spectrum (I think I’m now at $109 for 300/30). I need to call Spectrum to see what kind of deal they’ll give me, but I hate them so much and just want a real alternative. There is no way I’m going to give them a single penny more for a faster plan. At least my employer subsidizes my Internet somewhat.

Oh, I hear you. However, Time Warner was worst, they wanted what I pay now for 400/20 for only a 50 connection. (90.99 a month.) The only other option I have is Verizon DSL and of course, Verizon FIOS does not bother expanding anymore. (Areas North of Buffalo, NY.) Thanfullly, I have not had any downtime so thankfully, there is that.

lol gigabit through spectrum, that's laughable.. better hope no one on your node has it as well otherwise enjoy talking to customer service every day.

even cox is more competent than spectrum..

The bad part with Spectrums Gigabit is that they will charge $200 just for the pleasure of starting it.

lol gigabit through spectrum, that's laughable.. better hope no one on your node has it as well otherwise enjoy talking to customer service every day.

I laugh when I see people criticize Comcast - I’m like “Move to a Spectrum area and I guarantee you’ll love Comcast.” Spectrum’s predecessor in my area, Bright House, was pricey but at least the service was excellent.

I've had little to no problems with Spectrum. I'm on the 400/30 plan right now and I always hit full speeds with no data cap.

AT&T Fiber in Cleveland here, your experience has not been mine:

<snip image>

Like I said - it didn't used to be like this until fairly recently.
During the day I generally get 900/850 which is fine; however any time 7.00 - 11.00PM the connection takes a complete shit. This is unacceptable.

Back