AT&T Doubling Data Size for MSVP 15GB and up

radeon962

[H]ard|Gawd
Guess AT&T is feeling the heat.

I'm considering going up to the 15gb (30gb) plan myself as we have 7 phones on our current 10gb plan and the data overage charge is $15/1gb.

http://news.yahoo.com/t-doubles-data-plan-sizes-huge-limited-time-200040327.html

Here’s a nice surprise for current and prospective AT&T customers that will brighten up your weekend: AT&T is offering a special limited-time promotion that will double the size of your data plan. Beginning Sunday, September 28th, and running through October 31st, Mobile Share Value plans with between 15GB and 50GB of data per month will see those data buckets double in size. This means that subscribers with accounts with two or more lines will have twice as much data each month without subscribers having to pay an additional penny.

This is how the promotional data plans break down:

This is a promo that families and big data users will undoubtedly appreciate, and it is available to new and existing AT&T subscribers alike. Of course, if you’re a current customer with a plan listed above and you want to see your data doubled, you’ll need to contact AT&T customer service or go to an AT&T store to switch to the new promotional plan.

Of note, while these new plans are part of a limited-time promotion, the increased data plan sizes do not expire; if you switch to a promotional plan before November, the size of your data bucket will remain doubled until you cancel your service or switch to a new plan.

Each plan still comes with unlimited talk and text, and more information can be found on AT&T’s blog.

I wish Verizon would do this. We get fucked on 8gb and 4 smartphones with them. Even after a 15% discount on service.

I wish Verizon would do this. We get fucked on 8gb and 4 smartphones with them. Even after a 15% discount on service.

Verizon is a douche. I really think they don't give a crap because they know many of their customers only choice is pretty much Verizon.

It's Verizon or no service where I live. They have great service, but aren't competitive at all outside of that.

There has to be a catch to this, the last one was to get you off of traditional contracts and onto the NEXT program for generous amounts of data. I wonder if this is the same.

There has to be a catch to this, the last one was to get you off of traditional contracts and onto the NEXT program for generous amounts of data. I wonder if this is the same.

The catch is your bill starts at a minimum of $145 for just one smart phone and +$15 every phone after that. Data is cheap for carriers, if you don't use all your data then you are just spending money for nothing. I really think they did this to get people that think they need that much but don't really need it to move up to paying more per month. If we are going backwards to how minutes used to be metered this stuff should roll over every month.

I'm sure this is a benefit to some but this is att we are talking about, they probably did some marketing study and found people can be suckered in at this price to pay more for what they don't actually need.

What we really need is usage based billing if they aren't going to roll over data, set it at fixed price per gb, say $5-10 per 1gb, but carriers would never go for that because then they can't charge you for data you don't use.

Last edited:
The catch is your bill starts at a minimum of $145 for just one smart phone and +$15 every phone after that.

Huh? I pay $120 for the 10gig 2-line.

I want to know if there are any catches to the 15gig lines getting this upgrade. It doesn't seem like there is.

Huh? I pay $120 for the 10gig 2-line.

I want to know if there are any catches to the 15gig lines getting this upgrade. It doesn't seem like there is.

You asked what that catch was, that's it, only the $130 15gb (30gb doubled) plan and higher is eligible. If you actually use the 15gb then there isn't a catch for you.

Its $130 for the 15gb (30gb) plus $15 for a smartphone, that's $145.

Back