AT&T data rollover.. Thanks T-Mobile

radeon962

[H]ard|Gawd
Another reason to thank T-Mobile. AT&T rollover only rolls over to the next month rather than a year like T-Mobile but at least you get some extra data the next month.

HERE’S HOW IT WORKS: All levels of AT&T Mobile Share Value plan customers automatically receive the Rollover Data feature – no signing up, no additional cost.

Rollover Data can be shared with everyone on the same Mobile Share Value plan. If you do not use your full allotment of plan data in a given month, the extra amount automatically rolls over and is available to be used within the next month.

Within a given month, you will use your plan allotment first, before you begin using your Rollover Data. Unused Rollover Data does not carry over.

- See more at: http://about.att.com/story/att_give...r_data_at_no_charge.html#sthash.okXZkhA7.dpuf

This affects me in no way possible, but it's cool to see competition working.

if T-Mobile could just improve their damn coverage in my area, I would go back to them in a heartbeat. unfortunately it is just not there yet. I would love to see Verizon start responding, but as long as they can maintain customers simply by having coverage and data where other do not, I don't see it happening any time soon.

The ATT rollover is mostly bullshit.

Data can only rollover to the next month, if you don't use it you lose it. It isn't specified, but I would be willing to bet that they count the rollover data last as well just because that would make it even less useful.

Also at the same time ATT is starting sponsored data for mobile plans. Meaning Netflix can buy data from ATT so it doesn't count Netflix traffic on your data plan. A complete bullshit net neutrality breaking policy so that ATT can milk both app developers and their subscribers to pay for data.

The ATT rollover is mostly bullshit.

Data can only rollover to the next month, if you don't use it you lose it. It isn't specified, but I would be willing to bet that they count the rollover data last as well just because that would make it even less useful.

I read something to that effect. Rollover data counts last, so if you are comfortable using all your data and then rollover from the previous month, you will have a deficient amount next month and owe big $$$. I think that is the plan, get you comfortable using more data than you should so they can catch you going over and bill you.

I also think their data usage meter is bullshit. We recently switched plans and our usage jumped way up even though our habits or devices have not changed. I have no way of explaining why our usage would go up 25% while doing exactly the same thing.

Back