AT&T Communications CEO Talks 6G

erek

[H]F Junkie
"In other network-related news, McElfresh also revealed that even though 5G has yet to become widely available across the United States for most Americans, AT&T engineers are already working on next-generation 6G technology. However, he added that it will still take "years" before the fruits of those labors will translate into operational networks with another significant leap in bandwidth, capacity, and decreased latency."

https://hothardware.com/news/att-exec-jeff-mcelfresh-talks-6g-claims-iphone-12-5g-launch

Per samsungs vision i think it's expected in 2028 for specification finalization and rollout by 30 (If you guys didn't know Samsung is actually a RAN/vran provider too, I think Verizon and ATT are using them, so not really about phones mainly)

Their vision
Samsung 6G paper

Have you guys seen the 5G maps? It's like, it covers these 3 office buildings in this city, these 2 blocks in this city, and a few streets around here (AT&T actually is a bit better than verizon in this regard). Then you look at T-Mobile who took the lower frequency route where you can cover more than a single block, and their coverage is getting pretty good. It reminds me of the old Verizon 4G vs AT&T coverage maps, lol. That said, T-Mobile still has 0 coverage at my house, so I guess it's kind of a moot point, but AT&T is talking 6G and has barely any 5G. Heck, I'd be happy if my 4G was worth anything, lol. I get 4G to the house and I'm lucky if it can pull 1mb/s most of the time :). I'd be elated if T-Mobile covered my area and I could get even 10mb/s, hcek TRUE 3G speeds are up to 7.5mbps, if I could get that it'd be great. What's the point of having 4G that's slower than 3G. Verizon and AT&T with their short range 5G will never reach my house (or have any major coverage, which is why they're both freaking out now and trying to get the FCC to step in, lol, they are just realizing how stupid their plan was). I doubt they're focusing on the 4G they have now, which means I'll probably never see anything better than what I have for the foreseeable future (impatiently waiting for starlink).

Back