AT&T, Comcast Say GOP Tax Bill Will Mean $1,000 Bonuses for Employees

Exactly, they should be happy with the crumbs, and completely ignore that the tax 'cuts' are a money grab for the rich (86% goes to the top 1%). While increasing out already record breaking deficit another 1.5T..... Who the fuck do people think is going to end up paying for that? I'll give you a hint, it won't be the top 1%..... But all these short sighted morons are jumping for joy over the crumbs, which will be taken away in the next decade. Lets also not forget the savings will be more than offset by the increase in health insurance, especially with the mandate removed. You thought prices were rising before? HA!

John, Chris, Steve, and Katie go out to a super expensive dinner. John makes a lot of money so he says, "I will pay 80% of the bill if Chris and Steve split the rest 10% and 10%, we are gentlemen so Katie will pay 0%". Everyone agrees and they have a nice expensive dinner that costs $1000. Right before they sign their checks the manager runs out and says "wow you guys are such good customers I'll give you dessert for free, that's a $100 benefit". When they look at the new bill, John is saving $80 and Chris and Steve are both only saving $10. Worst of all, Katie didn't get any money back from the dessert refund!! How can such a system be so unfair to 75% of the people having dinner. In fact, 25% of the people who had dinner got 80% of the savings! What bullshit!

John, Chris, Steve, and Katie go out to a super expensive dinner. John makes a lot of money so he says, "I will pay 80% of the bill if Chris and Steve split the rest 10% and 10%, we are gentlemen so Katie will pay 0%". Everyone agrees and they have a nice expensive dinner that costs $1000. Right before they sign their checks the manager runs out and says "wow you guys are such good customers I'll give you dessert for free, that's a $100 benefit". When they look at the new bill, John is saving $80 and Chris and Steve are both only saving $10. Worst of all, Katie didn't get any money back from the dessert refund!! How can such a system be so unfair to 75% of the people having dinner. In fact, 25% of the people who had dinner got 80% of the savings! What bullshit!

Yea, I heard that 15 years ago, still stupid today..... The difference is a nice dinner is optional, our taxes are going to support the country/services etc.

Lol. Already libs are moving the goalposts. "Crumbs" They say.

Tell that to the single mother who will be able to provide better care for her child and will get a 73% reduction in taxes.
Tell that to the family drowning in debt from medical bills thanks to the ACA.

I have figured liberals out: the only way they can stay in power is to convince people that good is bad, bad is good, and to never, EVER be happy because it goes against the perpetual outrage they need to stay in power. Its a mental illness, I'm convinced of it.

Drowning in medical bills due to the ACA...um, right. The Republicans are white knights indeed, liberating people from health insurance and allowing them the "benefit" of purchasing super cheap amazing American healthcare without insurance!

I mean, you can argue that ACA is government overreach, but to try and spin taking healthcare away from people as improving their financial health is mathematical illiteracy and nothing more.

This tax bill is economic illiteracy; business profits are at an all time high, as is cash on hand. But customer demand is down so...let's raise taxes on everyone making less than $150k, give that money to those who already have it, and wave a magic wand that it will increase demand!

This is the exact mindset of GOP voters and why this bullshit money grab passed and has them all cheering. They dangle a piece of a carrot in front of them, and they jump for joy, but are too short sighted to see what's going to happen in the future, and who will end up paying for this. Then they default to the bullshit 'liberal' label as if that negates any opposing argument.....

I make very good money, and yes I will see a good decrease in taxes (until they expire). But this is the wrong time to add to the deficit so the rich/corporations can get a handout. We are at what, almost at a 20T deficit right now? So the party of no increase to the deficit just handed out money to the people that need it least, myself included. The poor/middle class need this FAR more than I or the rich do, and I would have much preferred if the cuts to be focused on them like the cheeto claimed repeatedly. Or how about removing all the bullshit deductions the top is using to avoid paying their share?

And healthcare was rising at a faster rate before ACA.... But like I've said before, that was a poor bandaid fix for our completely broken healthcare/insurance model in the US. When it's cheaper to purchase a plane ticket to fly to another country and pay out of pocket for a procedure than it is to get it done in the US with insurance, there is a big fucking problem. And our healthcare is ridiculously shitty for being a first world country.....

This is a bit misleading, healthcare costs are out of control because of the great society:

http://mediatrackers.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Exponential-PHE-Growth-Irfan.png
Also utilize this to help:
http://mediatrackers.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Fed-vs.-OOP-Spending-Irfan.png

Also, everything i've tried to use to verify that aca has slown the rate of increase uses projections and not real numbers which i dont even begin to understand why.

The biggest problem with healthcare is people NOT treating it as a commodity, do you ever buy something you dont know what the price is? Healthcare is the only thing out there that you can't get prices until they do something. Despite that we still have the highest cancer survival rates with a couple of exceptions going to japan: https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/research/articles/concord-2.htm
The only thing we suck at is day to day care and emergency care (and i'm talking cost wise, not outcome wise), which are what people who talk about our "shitty" health system look at. Personally, even with things being crazy expensive i'd rather be bankrupt than dead, which can be an alternative.
Thing is, before we tried to have insurance cover day to day care, that was good to.

I'll never understand people wanting to put, for example, birth control in insurance, your making it MORE EXPENSIVE, not LESS. your adding a middle man, your adding atleast 20% markup to that good instead of paying for it straight out of pocket and YOUR STILL PAYING FOR IT through your premium and we wonder why crap gets so expensive? Insurance is for catastrophic things, emergency rooms, cancer, etc. not your daily health, insurance is literally a bet between you and a company that you WONT use it.

Then dont get me started on the stupid regulations like having to use a medical supplier etc. etc. Ridiculous if i'm a DR i should be able to get my bandaids at walmart like everyone else.
Then there is malpractice insurance, Dr i used to work with had a million dollar a year premium and this was 10 years go.
Then there is having to spend 8 years in school and all the debt associated with that.
But the best part is, all these programs do is making unaffordable things affordable and breaks the market.

Total side note: right now if i look up MRIs on my insurance (the fact that i can only get this data through my insurance is crazy) my cost ranges from $432 to $3612 for the same MRI based on different locations. Most people don't even know how to look at up and go get the cheapest one.

Yea, I heard that 15 years ago, still stupid today..... The difference is a nice dinner is optional, our taxes are going to support the country/services etc.
Not only that EVERYBODY PAYS THE SAME FUCKING TAXES. If I make 30k and pay 50 cents in taxes, the person making 400k pays 50 cents FOR THE FIRST 30K. GOOD GOD! holy shit, Jesus most people don't get that it is unbelievable.

Not only that EVERYBODY PAYS THE SAME FUCKING TAXES. If I make 30k and pay 50 cents in taxes, the person making 400k pays 50 cents FOR THE FIRST 30K. GOOD GOD! holy shit, Jesus most people don't get that it is unbelievable.
I wonder if that was to prevent income taxes from being challenged under equal protection clause.

This is a bit misleading, healthcare costs are out of control because of the great society:

http://mediatrackers.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Exponential-PHE-Growth-Irfan.png
http://mediatrackers.org/wp-content/uploads/2013/10/Fed-vs.-OOP-Spending-Irfan.png

Also, everything i've tried to use to verify that aca has slown the rate of increase uses projections and not real numbers which i dont even begin to understand why.

Total side note: right now if i look up MRIs on my insurance (the fact that i can only get this data through my insurance is crazy) my cost ranges from $432 to $3612 for the same MRI based on different locations. Most people don't even know how to look at up and go get the cheapest one.

You do realize there are over a dozen examples of health care systems run by the government, every OECD country other than the US in fact, and all have equal or better health outcomes, and all are substantially less expensive than ours.

But let's keep trotting out hypotheticals.

How dare the evil, greedy, shareholder companies give away their blood money to their workers... wait wut?

They're doing it up front to ride the PR wave. Don't expect pay raises/bonuses to be an ongoing thing. This allows them to slowly taper it off so that they can show continued growth.

If they took all of the savings and did nothing, it'd only last a quarter or two before shareholders would wonder "where's mah growth?" You trickle feed it.

A publicly traded companies main product is it's stock. Everything else is done to drive that products market value.

Fuck Obama and his "healthcare as income" stunt. Now I have to pay taxes on an extra $10-12k because he decided it was fucking income.

First I’ve heard of this (self insured union plan). What I’ve paid in healthcare hasn’t been considered income for me. Not surprised really though. Nothing was good about Obamacare.

less than half... more than half of our taxes are just transfer payments

I guess if you're far enough down the income ladder a one-time $1,000 bonus is better than nothing at all, though I'll still have to side with the 'libtards' on this and say that this really isn't praise worthy in an economy that is pretty hot right now.

This is shitty.

The tax bill was meant to keep jobs in america, and hire more americans. I bet that's not gonna happen.
The $1000 bonuses should be used to hire more people and take jobs back from india and phillippines.

Let me know when all you Snowflakes start getting jobs from poor people. Or take an Econ class and actually learn about business and investments. My 401K and IRA are getting record returns. ACA gave my nephews a $750 bill every year they didn't buy a monthly Insurance Coupon that came with $1500 deductibles to use said coupon. Or watching my parents insurance jump from $950 a month to $1480 under ACA, lose all doctors they had, and watch my father die in the back of hospital instead of hospice or home care because ACA didn't allow it. Get a job with insurance, not your fucking hobby like all these washed up musician who never made it, still playing in a band in their 40's/50's whining about no insurance. With the jobs creation thats happening try this: DO WORK! Or get a job in a field that's needed!

Winning Snowflakes: From Fox News http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...g-among-corporations-rewarding-employees.html

The telecom giant said Wednesday that more than 200,000 of its employees, including union-represented and non-management workers, will be eligible for a $1,000 bonus. The checks will be in the mail in time for the holidays if Trump finalizes the tax bill with his signature before Christmas. AT&T (T) also said it will invest $1 billion more than expected in the U.S. in 2018, once the cuts are final.

“Congress, working closely with the President, took a monumental step to bring taxes paid by U.S. businesses in line with the rest of the industrialized world,” AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall Stephenson said in a statement. “This tax reform will drive economic growth and create good-paying jobs.”

More on this...
Boeing

The aerospace and defense company immediately announced $300 million in investments after the bill passed, with $100 million toward corporate giving including employee gift-match programs, $100 million toward workforce development, training and education and $100 million toward enhancing Boeing’s workplaces.

"On behalf of all of our stakeholders, we applaud and thank Congress and the administration for their leadership in seizing this opportunity to unleash economic energy in the United States," Boeing (BA) President and CEO Dennis Muilenburg said in a statement. "It's the single-most important thing we can do to drive innovation, support quality jobs and accelerate capital investment in our country."

Comcast

The Philadelphia-based telecom corporation said it would award $1,000 bonuses to more than 100,000 non-executive employees. In addition, Comcast (CMCSA) NBC Universal Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts said the company plans to spend more than $50 billion in the next five years on infrastructure investments that are expected to create "thousands of new direct and indirect jobs."

In a press release, Comcast said the initiatives were "based on the passage of tax reform and the FCC's action on broadband."

Fifth Third Bancorp

The Cincinnati-based banking corporation said it would raise the minimum hourly wage for all employees to $15 per hour and dispense $1,000 bonuses for more than 13,500 workers. The company says tax reform was directly responsible for the initiatives.

“It is good for our communities, employees and Fifth Third Bank (FITB),” Fifth Third President and CEO Greg Carmichael said.

Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) said it would raise the minimum wage for its team members to $15 per hour and earmark $400 million for philanthropic initiatives in 2018. Some $100 million of that total will be committed to boosting small businesses, while $75 million will support neighborhood revitalization efforts.

“We believe tax reform is good for our U.S. economy and are pleased to take these immediate steps to invest in our team members, communities, small businesses, and homeowners,” said Wells Fargo President and CEO Tim Sloan. “We look forward to identifying additional opportunities for Wells Fargo to invest, as we continue to execute our business strategies and provide long-term value to all our stakeholders."

They're doing it up front to ride the PR wave. Don't expect pay raises/bonuses to be an ongoing thing. This allows them to slowly taper it off so that they can show continued growth.

If they took all of the savings and did nothing, it'd only last a quarter or two before shareholders would wonder "where's mah growth?" You trickle feed it.

A publicly traded companies main product is it's stock. Everything else is done to drive that products market value.

The biggest problem with healthcare is people NOT treating it as a commodity, do you ever buy something you dont know what the price is? Healthcare is the only thing out there that you can't get prices until they do something. Despite that we still have the highest cancer survival rates with a couple of exceptions going to japan: https://www.cdc.gov/cancer/dcpc/research/articles/concord-2.htm
The only thing we suck at is day to day care and emergency care (and i'm talking cost wise, not outcome wise), which are what people who talk about our "shitty" health system look at. Personally, even with things being crazy expensive i'd rather be bankrupt than dead, which can be an alternative.
Thing is, before we tried to have insurance cover day to day care, that was good to.

I'll never understand people wanting to put, for example, birth control in insurance, your making it MORE EXPENSIVE, not LESS. your adding a middle man, your adding atleast 20% markup to that good instead of paying for it straight out of pocket and YOUR STILL PAYING FOR IT through your premium and we wonder why crap gets so expensive? Insurance is for catastrophic things, emergency rooms, cancer, etc. not your daily health, insurance is literally a bet between you and a company that you WONT use it.

Then dont get me started on the stupid regulations like having to use a medical supplier etc. etc. Ridiculous if i'm a DR i should be able to get my bandaids at walmart like everyone else.
Then there is malpractice insurance, Dr i used to work with had a million dollar a year premium and this was 10 years go.
Then there is having to spend 8 years in school and all the debt associated with that.
But the best part is, all these programs do is making unaffordable things affordable and breaks the market.

What you're describing (albeit in a very roundabout fashion) is known as the principal-agent problem. Mix it with the extremely inelastic nature of demand for healthcare and you get what we have right now: A mess.

Let me know when all you Snowflakes start getting jobs from poor people. Or take an Econ class and actually learn about business and investments. My 401K and IRA are getting record returns. ACA gave my nephews a $750 bill every year they didn't buy a monthly Insurance Coupon that came with $1500 deductibles to use said coupon. Or watching my parents insurance jump from $950 a month to $1480 under ACA, lose all doctors they had, and watch my father die in the back of hospital instead of hospice or home care because ACA didn't allow it. Get a job with insurance, not your fucking hobby like all these washed up musician who never made it, still playing in a band in their 40's/50's whining about no insurance. With the jobs creation thats happening try this: DO WORK! Or get a job in a field that's needed!

While most of your insult-laden rant is borderline incomprehensible, I must take exception to the implication that we "snowflakes" are jobless. In fact, most of us do work...and make good money. In fact, it is the deep red states that tend to be the biggest drains on the federal budget.

Personally, I believe your apparent assumption that we are advocating on our own behalf rather informative. :ROFLMAO:

Maybe take your own advice and explain to me how a decrease in taxes on profits would make an employer hire more people, when you already deduct employee pay as an expense.

And you're simultaneously bitching about requiring to have healthcare, but then that the healthcare wasn't good enough because it didn't cover hospice care - something that wasn't, in fact, changed by ACA but was still governed by the same Medicare rules that were place prior to the ACA - https://www.vitas.com/partners/maki...eal-of-the-affordable-care-act-affect-hospice

Further, this tax bill giveaway is adding $1T to the budget, and the Republicans are talking about plugging that hole by cutting Medicare spending, further hurting people like your father.

But enjoy this tax bill!

While most of your insult-laden rant is borderline incomprehensible, I must take exception to the implication that we "snowflakes" are jobless. In fact, most of us do work...and make good money. In fact, it is the deep red states that tend to be the biggest drains on the federal budget.

Personally, I believe your apparent assumption that we are advocating on our own behalf rather informative. :ROFLMAO:
As individuals, it is in fact Democrats who are the biggest consumers of welfare, no matter which color state they happen to reside in.

As individuals, it is in fact Democrats who are the biggest consumers of welfare, no matter which color state they happen to reside in.

You're right, since the Southern strategy decided to go with dog whistle racism to appeal to Southern whites, minority voters were forced into the Democratic party. When the history of this nation has been oppressing said minorities, with only the last 40 years or so since the Civil Rights act was passed and Jim Crow taken down, you expect these oppressed parties to make the same social networks, family and generational wealth as whites?

Last edited:
Winning Snowflakes: From Fox News http://www.foxbusiness.com/markets/...g-among-corporations-rewarding-employees.html

The telecom giant said Wednesday that more than 200,000 of its employees, including union-represented and non-management workers, will be eligible for a $1,000 bonus. The checks will be in the mail in time for the holidays if Trump finalizes the tax bill with his signature before Christmas. AT&T (T) also said it will invest $1 billion more than expected in the U.S. in 2018, once the cuts are final.

“Congress, working closely with the President, took a monumental step to bring taxes paid by U.S. businesses in line with the rest of the industrialized world,” AT&T Chairman and CEO Randall Stephenson said in a statement. “This tax reform will drive economic growth and create good-paying jobs.”

More on this...
Boeing

The aerospace and defense company immediately announced $300 million in investments after the bill passed, with $100 million toward corporate giving including employee gift-match programs, $100 million toward workforce development, training and education and $100 million toward enhancing Boeing’s workplaces.

"On behalf of all of our stakeholders, we applaud and thank Congress and the administration for their leadership in seizing this opportunity to unleash economic energy in the United States," Boeing (BA) President and CEO Dennis Muilenburg said in a statement. "It's the single-most important thing we can do to drive innovation, support quality jobs and accelerate capital investment in our country."

Comcast

The Philadelphia-based telecom corporation said it would award $1,000 bonuses to more than 100,000 non-executive employees. In addition, Comcast (CMCSA) NBC Universal Chairman and CEO Brian L. Roberts said the company plans to spend more than $50 billion in the next five years on infrastructure investments that are expected to create "thousands of new direct and indirect jobs."

In a press release, Comcast said the initiatives were "based on the passage of tax reform and the FCC's action on broadband."

Fifth Third Bancorp

The Cincinnati-based banking corporation said it would raise the minimum hourly wage for all employees to $15 per hour and dispense $1,000 bonuses for more than 13,500 workers. The company says tax reform was directly responsible for the initiatives.

“It is good for our communities, employees and Fifth Third Bank (FITB),” Fifth Third President and CEO Greg Carmichael said.

Wells Fargo

Wells Fargo & Company (WFC) said it would raise the minimum wage for its team members to $15 per hour and earmark $400 million for philanthropic initiatives in 2018. Some $100 million of that total will be committed to boosting small businesses, while $75 million will support neighborhood revitalization efforts.

“We believe tax reform is good for our U.S. economy and are pleased to take these immediate steps to invest in our team members, communities, small businesses, and homeowners,” said Wells Fargo President and CEO Tim Sloan. “We look forward to identifying additional opportunities for Wells Fargo to invest, as we continue to execute our business strategies and provide long-term value to all our stakeholders."

And can you prove that any of these "investments" weren't already going to be made?

It's amazing how much bullshit a company's PR department can make up to spin spending it was already planning on doing.

These companies make 100 million dollar deals, investments and tax-deduction "gifts" on a daily basis.
This is just a distraction for the "WHO LOVES TO TALK ABOUT THE RICH SPENDING MONEY WE DON'T HAVE?" crowd.

The only solid gift there is the pay increase, and it's only 15%. It's high for a single year, but will probably not increase for several years afterward.

http://www.nasdaq.com/article/wells-fargo-to-raise-minimum-wage-to-15-in-2018-20171220-01117

They're making no promises to increase it more next year. They might even cut staff to pay for your "free" raise, but sell it as "efficiency" cuts. And even if it's permanent, the company already makes 20 billion net, so that 15% raide for 25 thousand entry-level workers is 100 million, a drop-in-the-bucket.

The pay increase will be necessary though, as taxes for the middle class go up after the first year.

http://abcnews.go.com/Business/wireStory/risk-middle-class-gop-tax-cuts-fade-51910575

Last edited:
I didn't read this thread, so this may have been reported already. But these companies also announced layoffs, ATT just let go of hundreds of employees before x-mas. Just a few weeks ago they said they'd hire over 6,000 more if the tax cuts were passed. Just as Reagan had the Reagan recession after his cuts (and later raised taxes due to this), Bush had the global recession after his cuts, Trump is already starting economic hardship for hard working people. Oh well, some kids believe in Santa Clause, I guess it's ok if some adults believe in trickle down economics.

Tell that to the single mother who will be able to provide better care for her child and will get a 73% reduction in taxes.
Tell that to the family drowning in debt from medical bills thanks to the ACA.

You don't have to worry now. The ACA mandate is repealed, so you no longer have to pay for insurance and can let everyone else that does pay for health insurance pay for you.

I didn't read this thread, so this may have been reported already. But these companies also announced layoffs, ATT just let go of hundreds of employees before x-mas. Just a few weeks ago they said they'd hire over 6,000 more if the tax cuts were passed. Just as Reagan had the Reagan recession after his cuts (and later raised taxes due to this), Bush had the global recession after his cuts, Trump is already starting economic hardship for hard working people. Oh well, some kids believe in Santa Clause, I guess it's ok if some adults believe in trickle down economics.

Yea, people are so fucking blind to history. This is literally the same bullshit Reagan tried to pull with 'Trickle down', which absolutely failed. Yet people still throw around the Reagan cuts like they were a huge success..... Mind boggling how stupid/polarized our society has become. Instead of working together to help everyone, our goal is now to just fuck the other party at the expense of everyone.... But they just name the bill 'Tax cut and job creation to make america the greatest america that every america'd, again" and they just eat that horse shit up with a smile on their face.

You don't have to worry now. The ACA mandate is repealed, so you no longer have to pay for insurance and can let everyone else that does pay for health insurance pay for you.

LOL and what do you think is going to happen to health care premiums now that healthy young people aren't buying into the pool? The whole point of the mandate was the even it out so it's not just the sick/elderly in the pool, which costs a lot more for the insurance. Once again the GOP sabotage the ACA then bitch about it failing (And that started with the creation of the bill. They made sure to add shit they knew would fuck it, so they could? You guessed it, Blame Obama). And it's really funny how after 8 years of bitching, they couldn't even replace it when they had the super majority in both house/senate and were using absolute bullshit tactics (like they did with the tax bill). All while the cheeto campaigned that it would be repealed/replaced with something better, cheaper, the best care ever that lets you keep your doctors, 'most likely done on the same day'..... Thank god they failed to proper fuck millions of people with that steaming pile.

Last edited:
Bunch of commies in here complaining about being profitable as a business :ROFLMAO:

We're complaining about gifting MORE MONEY to corporations that already post tens of billions of dollars in NET PROFIT. WITH THE CURRENT TAX SYSTEM IN PLACE!

Last time I checked, welfare for the poor = bad. But welfare for the rich = good?

WHAT THE HELL ELSE CAN YOU LABEL THIS AS? US corporations like Wells Fargo already have a fucking gross margin of 70% with the current tax system. If you give them more revenue, the vast majority of that money will go to investors, not the little people.

And the middle class's rates will go up to pay for this, through removal of deductions families depend on. But won't hit until the next election is over.

Last edited:
This is shitty.

The tax bill was meant to keep jobs in america, and hire more americans. I bet that's not gonna happen.
The $1000 bonuses should be used to hire more people and take jobs back from india and phillippines.
1000 buck bonus is a one time cost which they can probably write off on some level unlike a wage increase or hiring people it's quite cheap in the long run.

Still do ACA mandate actually still exists in the law, the penalty is gone though for 2019+?, you still need insurance or pay the fee next year.

I love it when Libs sour grape!!! Keep it up by all means, show everyone how petty you really are.

Okay, now for the real story. Any business out there that knows their head from their ass, with a 21% corporate rate they better do anything they can to retain all the employees they can. I bet in the next 2 years companies are going to be hiring like crazy.

Last edited:
Bonuses are taxed at 50% at the federal level. This is $500 after taxes. Yay. If they would give raises, or provide better insurance maybe this would go a longer way.

Bush had the global recession after his cuts
I think you're mixing things a bit on this point. The recession can more reliably be traced back to Clinton. In addition to ongoing Wall Street deregulation, he basically repealed Glass Steagall, which was a huge part of what was preventing the risky maneuvers that led to the 2008 crash in the first place, and thus the recession. I'm not arguing the GOP wouldn't haven't done the same if they could have however.

We're complaining about gifting MORE MONEY to corporations that already post tens of billions of dollars in NET PROFIT. WITH THE CURRENT TAX SYSTEM IN PLACE!

Last time I checked, welfare for the poor = bad. But welfare for the rich = good?

The Fed is taking less of their money. It's not a gift. Literally taking less money from them. Why does this cause butthurt?

It's not your money. You are getting a tax cut too.

I approve of the Fed taking less of people's money. I also approve of successful businesses being able to turn a profit. Go capitalism.

This is the exact mindset of GOP voters and why this bullshit money grab passed and has them all cheering. They dangle a piece of a carrot in front of them, and they jump for joy, but are too short sighted to see what's going to happen in the future, and who will end up paying for this. Then they default to the bullshit 'liberal' label as if that negates any opposing argument.....

I make very good money, and yes I will see a good decrease in taxes (until they expire). But this is the wrong time to add to the deficit so the rich/corporations can get a handout. We are at what, almost at a 20T deficit right now? So the party of no increase to the deficit just handed out money to the people that need it least, myself included. The poor/middle class need this FAR more than I or the rich do, and I would have much preferred if the cuts to be focused on them like the cheeto claimed repeatedly. Or how about removing all the bullshit deductions the top is using to avoid paying their share?

And healthcare was rising at a faster rate before ACA.... But like I've said before, that was a poor bandaid fix for our completely broken healthcare/insurance model in the US. When it's cheaper to purchase a plane ticket to fly to another country and pay out of pocket for a procedure than it is to get it done in the US with insurance, there is a big fucking problem. And our healthcare is ridiculously shitty for being a first world country.....
Unfortunately for you, I am not part of the GOP. Your positional lunacy and constant childish tactics and name calling has pulled the center of the country against you. Not sure how many lost elections its going to take before you figure this one out. It's been pretty clear thus far. You are a Meme now.

As for Obama care, Your are out of your damn mind. I do maths for a living and the rate sky rocketed since it passed. Only through manipulation of the data does it appear it overall has not by using the exchange rates that no one is actually using because offices are not accepting it and only have to avoid a tax penalty.
As for the quality of our health care, that talking point doesn't pan out either as the US has a huge influx of foreign patients seeking the 'best' health care.

What's the problem with corporations saving billions in taxes?
Because they put us into more debt (trillions of it) in order to fund those tax cuts. Its literally corporate welfare for the already rich, who by and large don't spend the majority of what they earn so any economic stimulus will be minimal, paid for by the non-rich. This is from the party that claims to be fiscally conservative.

What's wrong with encouraging repatriation of foreign money?
Because it doesn't work. At least not if you're trying to use tax cuts in order to achieve that goal. The way you repatriate foreign profits and tax them is by explicitly taxing those earnings and closing tax loopholes. Not by cuts.

This like the whole Carrier deal all over again and Conservatives are falling for it all over again.

If you really think that way, I suggest you look at the conservative arguments too. The plain fact is, both sides play that card in order to stay in power.
There is some truth to this but there are real differences in policy between the 2 parties so this "both sides do it too" garbage is ridiculous.

CHIPS is still there, Trump is redirecting money from another facility until the vote can take place.
That isn't going to happen though and you know it. They clearly want to cut any and all social welfare spending and they're not going to replace it since the "free market" (according to Ryan) will somehow provide.

With the jobs creation thats happening try this: DO WORK! Or get a job in a field that's needed!
Nearly all job creation is garbage level min. wage or near min. wage stuff and has been for a very long time now while blue/white collar jobs get outsourced or eliminated. Just saying "do work" is no real solution.

This tax bill is also doing very little to nothing in terms of job creation BTW. This is mostly resulting in a 1 time pay off that'll be inflated away in a few years since these companies generally don't do COLA's.

Back