AT&T Adds Limits To Your Unlimited Plan

I had Sprint for years, just switched to Verizon, and I must say it's way better. I had the 4gb plan, but switched it today to the unlimited. :)

Zarathustra[H];1038447725 said:
$175.99 for a phone bill? Yikes?

What do you do that racks up such a bill?

That doesn't reflect the bill for that month. I keep throwing money at them. My bill would be around 250-300 dollars if I paid monthly on its own merit. I just like keeping it down or in a credit of psychological reasons I think.

That doesn't reflect the bill for that month. I keep throwing money at them. My bill would be around 250-300 dollars if I paid monthly on its own merit. I just like keeping it down or in a credit of psychological reasons I think.
edit: and remember, that's 4 phones I'm paying for. Not overage costs or anything. Just to be clear :)

Verizon runs a special double data every now and then...4GB for the 2GB price.

That's for the 4G phones. I recently switched to Verizon from Sprint. But I do have to say it seems the data goes a lot faster on Verizon than it did on Sprint. I streamed pandora for about 4 hours and went through 100 megs. Just seems to fast.

Well I'm paying $130 a month for 2 iPhones on AT&T with the unlimited plan, they throttled my Wife of all people because she was streaming Pandira everyday at work! We checked her usage and she was only at 1.8 gigs, the loser asshole scumbags at the store told us she was at 6.4 gig which was proven to be a lie. We want out of our contract but they say they will do nothing. So her phone is a paperweight until the next billing cycle. So we have no options but to leave these greedy phuks when our contract is up. I'm canceling my house /tv/Internet from them as well. I know I'm only 1 person but hopefully enuff people do it they will notice.

God that sucks. The best you can really do is jump ship. Taking your money away from them is the only thing they're gonna hear in the end. I may be looking at jumping ship soon as well if I can hop on my buddy's Verizon plan.

Well I'm paying $130 a month for 2 iPhones on AT&T with the unlimited plan, they throttled my Wife of all people because she was streaming Pandira everyday at work! We checked her usage and she was only at 1.8 gigs, the loser asshole scumbags at the store told us she was at 6.4 gig which was proven to be a lie. We want out of our contract but they say they will do nothing. So her phone is a paperweight until the next billing cycle. So we have no options but to leave these greedy phuks when our contract is up. I'm canceling my house /tv/Internet from them as well. I know I'm only 1 person but hopefully enuff people do it they will notice.

Seems like a pretty good argument to be made. If they are throttling, have them prove that it can be done on the phone that is throttled. Show them it's unusable and that you'd need a minimum of so much data use a day/hour/minute to reach the usages they claim. If they can't get those usages out of the phone in their store, while you watch, they are wrong.

I mean this seems like an excellent reason for suing them. They are not living up to their end of the contract, using deceptive numbers to cover their tracks, and won't let you leave the contract when they've been proven to be wrong.

And around here the companies who handle cell tower maintenance have been burying fiber to try to keep up with the tower speed demands... in some cases they are even using the cable company. I highly doubt it's adequate considering there's almost no fiber laid in the area and they are most likely using it to tie into the cable company...since Im not aware of any other fiber networks available in most locations I've seen this happen in.

Back