ASUS Zenbook Pro Duo : Dual screen laptop

Burticus

Supreme [H]ardness
Have you guys seen this? It costs way too much and I don't know what to think of the small 2nd screen.... kinda like a super sized smart bar like on the macs. But how useful would that really be?

I would never spend $3k on a laptop, but I know some people do.

Apologies if this is a duplicate, I didn't see it

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/11...-plus-dual-screen-laptop-specs-features-price

upload_2019-10-11_10-0-55.png

Have you guys seen this? It costs way too much and I don't know what to think of the small 2nd screen.... kinda like a super sized smart bar like on the macs. But how useful would that really be?

I would never spend $3k on a laptop, but I know some people do.

Apologies if this is a duplicate, I didn't see it

https://www.theverge.com/2019/10/11...-plus-dual-screen-laptop-specs-features-price

View attachment 192247

Looks cool but I would think the lower screen would cause neck issues if you use it too much. I like intels concept better.

They announced this a while ago. Looks really good but that's about it for me, even though their promo video hints at some cool possible uses such as content creation/manipulation

I really like the idea of dual-screen laptops, but the few that have been made over the past half-decade or so haven't been that attractive to me (and everyone else, apparently) because Windows has no real support for the concept, leaving the manufacturers to tack on proprietary apps that don't follow Windows design language and lack 3rd-party support, plus the on-screen keyboard experience has been awful from what Ive heard. I'm hoping that Windows 10X (gods what a name) and the Surface Neo are the real deal and the "dual-screen laptop with tactile removeable keyboard that magnets atop the lower display" idea takes off because that would just about be my ideal portable. Heck, I wouldn't even mind typing directly on the screen if they figure out good spatial tactile response.

Last edited:
I like the keyboard at the end of the laptop, but not enough to pay for the rest of the machine... Although, just the bottom with the small screen would be a fun retro-ish look. Like a TRS-80 Model 100 or something.

I really like the idea of dual-screen laptops, but the few that have been made over the past half-decade or so haven't been that attractive to me (and everyone else, apparently) because Windows has no real support for the concept, leaving the manufacturers to tack on proprietary apps that don't follow Windows design language and lack 3rd-party support, plus the on-screen keyboard experience has been awful from what Ive heard. I'm hoping that Windows 10X (gods what a name) and the Surface Neo are the real deal and the "dual-screen laptop with tactile removeable keyboard that magnets atop the lower display" idea takes off because that would just about be my ideal portable. Heck, I would even mind typing directly on the screen if they figure out good spatial tactile response.
Was just going to post pretty much the same.. I do think the product is a nice idea (this Asus laptop) but without proper menus and things to take advantage of it, its plenty pointless.

That keyboard just looks like a literal PITA to use. They effectively removed any wrist support.

That keyboard just looks like a literal PITA to use. They effectively removed any wrist support.
If you're keyboarding properly, your wrists shouldn't be anywhere near the 'wrist rest.' Those things are a ergo nightmare, with a contradictory name to make it sound like they aren't. Of course, having the touchpad near you is good for mousing, and it's hard for two things to be in the same place, so most laptops stick the touch pad front and center and the keyboard where it fits. Unfortunately trackballs lost in the marketplace, and pointing sticks mostly lost, at least to the point where nobody is willing to make a laptop designed for only a pointing stick, with the keyboard at the edge where it should be.

Maybe if we called it an intelligent interactive trackpad. It would make more sense than actually calling it a screen.

Back