ASUS Z97 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

you could probably get it to run at the loosest timings the kits offer, but that would be pointless.

Its almost running at 1333Mhz / CL10 (both kits are 1600 / CL9) but suffers the occasional instability - was hoping for something more "2014" than "hey, it's the dark ages how silly of you to expect technology to work, you were lucky last time!".... disappointing that a board this advanced can't cope with 4 DIMMs of the same voltage, speed and timings just different capacities - why have 4 DIMMs if they're not really all usable. Ho Hum.... guessing one of the kids is getting 2x4GB DIMMs for Christmas :D

Thanks for the replies guys...

its not the board, its the CPU.

Memory controllers are in the CPU now...

Its almost running at 1333Mhz / CL10 (both kits are 1600 / CL9) but suffers the occasional instability - was hoping for something more "2014" than "hey, it's the dark ages how silly of you to expect technology to work, you were lucky last time!".... disappointing that a board this advanced can't cope with 4 DIMMs of the same voltage, speed and timings just different capacities - why have 4 DIMMs if they're not really all usable. Ho Hum.... guessing one of the kids is getting 2x4GB DIMMs for Christmas :D

Thanks for the replies guys...

4 DIMMs of same type and of same config (a single memory kit) is what one should use. Mix and match has always been a roulette game and likely will be for the foreseeable future.

Hey all,

I have an Asus Maximus VII Impact. At some point I disabled onboard graphics however I subsequently had to RMA my graphics card. I want to use onboard graphics until the new card comes in.

Can anyone tell me know to re-enable onboard graphics? Do I have to reset my BIOS entirely? How would I do that without being able to see the bios screen?

Is there a way in BIOS, to cut the power to GPU and USB, when the PC is switched off? I don't allow any "electric vampires" run on, when I don't use the device, so I'm not going to waste any unneeded energy going into leds on keyboard and GPU/mobo.

Right now, I just switch the PSU off, but wonder, if there is more elegant solution

Depending on how the PSU handles ErP - you can try enabling ErP in the APM section of UEFI. The Corsair AX series PSUs are good at shutting things down for ErP compliance - others may be different and leak more power to the board.

Guys, I would like to ask You a question.
Besides, ASUS Live Support has failed with answering my question...

I completed my rig week ago.
ASUS Z97I-Plus running with Intel i7 4970k, Powered by Corsair CS650M 650W 80 Plus Gold

The problem is related with my brand new Motherboard.
Whenever I change the option in Ez Tuning System from Normal to Optimise i'm loosing Wireless connection every single time when I'm logging in windows. (7,64bit)
And then when I turning it back from Optimise to Normal Im getting full wireless functionality.
Whenever I try to manipulate clocks by myself, getting same problem.
Wireless is working only on "Normal" in Ez Tuning Mode.

Reinstalled again all Lan/Wireless/BT drivers, updated Bios to latest version without result.

Im here to ask You for Any solution to avoid long RMA process.
4wjCf7r.jpg

Guys, I would like to ask You a question.
Besides, ASUS Live Support has failed with answering my question...

I completed my rig week ago.
ASUS Z97I-Plus running with Intel i7 4970k, Powered by Corsair CS650M 650W 80 Plus Gold

The problem is related with my brand new Motherboard.
Whenever I change the option in Ez Tuning System from Normal to Optimise i'm loosing Wireless connection every single time when I'm logging in windows. (7,64bit)
And then when I turning it back from Optimise to Normal Im getting full wireless functionality.
Whenever I try to manipulate clocks by myself, getting same problem.
Wireless is working only on "Normal" in Ez Tuning Mode.

Reinstalled again all Lan/Wireless/BT drivers, updated Bios to latest version without result.

Im here to ask You for Any solution to avoid long RMA process.
4wjCf7r.jpg

Try overclocking without changing BCLK. If that sorts it, the controller is not keeping sync with the bus as BCLK alters DMI and PCIe frequency when changed. This isn't a reason to RMA a board.

ASUS AI Suite III:

Yes, I use it. I've got an issue with it: Fan Expert 2 refuses to "stick" to its settings.

For example, I'll set 12 second spin up time, but the, after leaving Fan Expert and going back to the homepage (the big monitoring screen showing all the settings), the fans go to a 0 spin up. They also change their temperature settings.

What causes Fan Expert to change its settings?

Or, how can I keep MY settings to stick?

(Running an AI Suite overclock, so I want it to be running...)

Thanks,
Ken

Edited for clarity: When FanExpert2 is selected, the fans operate exactly as FanExpert 2 has them set. (Auto off, correct rpm at correct temperatures, correct spin up and spin down times.)

When FanExpert is NOT selected, but Asus AI Suite 3 is selected, open, and showing EPU, TPU, 4 way optimizer, and fan expert 2 monitoring windows, then the fans do not follow the fan expert 2 settings. They spin up and down momentarily, repeatedly.

Last edited:
Hello,
Can any one help me to find the driver for unknown device?
- Clean install of Win 7 64 bit.
- Installed ALL asus drivers from CD.
- Tried the latest drivers from ASUS site - didn't help.

Unknown device hardware ids is: JRVADHID

Thanks.

HnVBOSm.png

Last edited:
Hello,

Thanks.

HnVBOSm.png

what board is it?

hid at the end sounds like a human interface device.

is it part of your mouse or keyboard software?

have anything installed called jriver?

im a little let down by my z97-ws

i totally expected to run my 2720sgl raid card however it will not.

interestingly my z97-a runs it perfect.

what board is it?

hid at the end sounds like a human interface device.

is it part of your mouse or keyboard software?

have anything installed called jriver?

This is ASUS Z97 PRO.

I have regular Logitech mouse and keyboard.

Yes, I have jriver software installed. I'll uninstall and check.

Thanks for this advise!
Edit/Delete Message

I need help with another problem. Occasionally computer will not resume from sleep. Digging into device manager I found this:

AAeHa89.png

Can this be causing the issue?

This ASUS Z97 PRO motherboard has the latest BIOS, drivers etc.. Cleared CMOS, and used default values.

Thanks again for any advise.

Is this a joke? I can't disable HPET on my Z97-Deluxe?
If my 80$ asrock could, I'd expect the same from a 280$ board (which cost 340$ on my country)...

Hello,

Thanks.

http://i.imgur.com/HnVBOSm.png?1

Look for this driver on your driver disk:

AMDA00_Win7-8-8-1_V1010

Nobody seems to have a really good answer about what it does (seems to be an ACPI driver) exactly but it should make your error message go away.

If you do a search on the driver you will find all sorts of comments...

I know my Z97 A needed it after a ton of research.

Links to what it does, sort of. Has something to do with Probe II Sense

Just replaced the asus z97 pro with a Maximus VII Hero. Whenever it boots up I have to press the power button to make it reboot otherwise it will just cycle the first part of the boot process infinitely.

That is: The psu clicks on, fans spin for ~3-4 secs, psu clicks off. Repeat.

I'm having a couple of other issues with this board, like whenever I put in a manual overclock it says overclock failed and if I have the halt on f1 error enabled it just stops, otherwise it downclocks itself and goes on booting. I have tested this accross several bioses. These are settings that are to be considered quite moderate and have worked across 3 other motherboards including the Asus z97 pro which is quite similar to the VII Hero in bios/layout etc.

I guess this means this boards is faulty?

Last edited:
Many Z97 Asus boards have gotten a BIOS update saying:

1.Support 5th-Generation Intel Core Processors

However, the Z97i-Plus has not got one. Yet it says on Asus website, and in manual, that 5th Generation is supported. I really hope there is no fishy thing going on here, and that all Z97 boards will support unlocked Broadwell, when they arrive. Can Raja please assure us?

AFAIK all boards will get the update as and when the builds for each board are ready. The builds are validated first and therefore the release date for each board can be staggered.

EDIT: 2502 supports Broadwell.

Last edited:
Hi Raja,

Could you explain the sudden removal of the 2304 and 2401 BIOSes for many Maximus VII boards ? Someone on the ROG forum spotted this but I've seen more support on this forum than on the ROG forum.

Also the 2501 BIOS is just released, having the same cryptic and basic change log as the previous update. I'm not the first one to complain about this on the ROG forum, it's very frustrating for the people that actually do BIOS updates that they don't know what is actually improved or fixed.

Last edited:
Hello all. Z97 Mark 1, 3 SSDs and 2 HDDs and a DVD (all SATA) in a HAF-X 942 case, G.Skill tridents 16g, MSI GTX 970 card, i7 Devils Canyon CPU.. I'm installing a new build, and going to use all the drives into this otherwise all new machine, all coming from a Z77 with Win 8.1.

Question I have, concerning the SATA ports.. any recommended configuration for the 6 drives?
One option I've come up with is the SSDs and optical in the black slots, and the 2 HDDs in the bottom beige slots. Can anyone tell me if the 2 upper brown slots would work as well for the 2 HDDs?? Or tell me an optimal configuration for these drives? I'm afraid I'm not up to speed on the SATA express stuff, so if someone could explain a little more than the manual does. :)
Thanks!

Got it running. 2 HDDs on the bottom 2 sata beige ports, and 3 SSDs and a WD blue running on the black and brown sata side ports, no config errors at all.

everytime I start the PC i get this stupid message:

2iibgye.jpg

I don't understand why, since it is installed

9k1krt.jpg

Any ideas?

Suspect the installed ME version is missing some components. Might want to try installing Intel XTU as that updates some of the ME components.

I have the Z97-A board with a nVidia GT720-2GD3-CSM (PCI Express 2.0) graphic card.

This is an office build so no OC; tweaking or anything like that going on.

Is there a preferred slot for a single graphics card on this board?

Use the primary slot which runs at X16 electrically (it's the one closest to the CPU socket).

Rampage V Extreme question...

Ladies and Gents! Good Evening!

I am thinking of getting this board and a 5960X Tomorrow at the local Microcenter and have a super important question that I cant seem to get a solid, straight answer anywhere. I also attempted to search this thread but i'm hitting too many of the key words to be useful.

I want to SLI in slots 1 and 3 (16x/16x)

I want to know what slot I could put in a 4x PCIe 3.0 Intel 750 SSD and not affect my (16x/16x SLI) The Ultimate goal here is to not have SLI drop to (16x/8x)

Yes, I know it really wont affect performance, but Im trying to utilize all of my PCIe lanes in the most effect manner.

Also, If the aforementioned is not possible with this board, will utilizing a m.2 PCIe SSD affect my PCIe SLI (16x/16x)?

I read the manual but just want to be clear on this before spending 500$. Thanks for the help!!!!

Rampage V Extreme question...

Ladies and Gents! Good Evening!

I am thinking of getting this board and a 5960X Tomorrow at the local Microcenter and have a super important question that I cant seem to get a solid, straight answer anywhere. I also attempted to search this thread but i'm hitting too many of the key words to be useful.

I want to SLI in slots 1 and 3 (16x/16x)

I want to know what slot I could put in a 4x PCIe 3.0 Intel 750 SSD and not affect my (16x/16x SLI) The Ultimate goal here is to not have SLI drop to (16x/8x)

Yes, I know it really wont affect performance, but Im trying to utilize all of my PCIe lanes in the most effect manner.

Also, If the aforementioned is not possible with this board, will utilizing a m.2 PCIe SSD affect my PCIe SLI (16x/16x)?

I read the manual but just want to be clear on this before spending 500$. Thanks for the help!!!!
Hello

Yes, either scenario can be done with the video cards remaining at x16 bandwidth. Searching this thread netted no results because you are posting in the wrong thread. The R5E is not a Z97 board.

Hi, I have the Asus Z97-Deluxe and trying to figure how many SATA disk can you hook onto the ASMedia contoller.

In the manual page 1-37 it shows that you have 4 SATA port SATA6G_E12 and SATA6G_E34 but I have not been able to hook it more than 2 drives. Can you have a configuration where all 4 ports are active ?

Thanks.

Have a Z97 Deluxe (nfc+wlc) that recently began having troubles with restarts and posting.
Either get hit with
qC 55
rapid led flashes with rapid code changing between 00, 15, 25, 41.
qC FE
American Megatrends "overclocking failed, press F1 to enter..." (without anything being overclocked)

Troubleshooting done so far:
Ran single A2 slot memory (all 4 sticks that I have)
Ran a new verified RAM stick
Re-seated all power connectors,
Ran with RAM, CPU, and Power supply to post, and restart
Removed stock cooler, checked board with different CPU
Inspected CPU pins (straight)

System Specs:
ASUS Deluxe (NFC + WLC with ver 2.5 (dont remember the exact numbers after 5 but)
Corsair V Pro 2400 CL11 4x8GB
W7 Pro SP1
Seagate 600 240 boot drive
Seagate 1 TB
Asus DVD RW
Using onboard GPU via HDMI output

Is there anything else besides RMAing at this point? I really dont want to have to go through this again, since the 1st board was DOA, and now this in 4 months

Greets,
(could you plz. help quickly, as tomorrow is Cyber Monday at us!)

Does an Asus Z97-P (or E) require a Case with "variable fan speed"? (planned CPU: i3-4170)

(Bit off: Would you recommend these cases?
http://www.bit-tech.net/hardware/cases/2013/01/15/nzxt-source-210-elite-review/4
https://www.techpowerup.com/reviews/Antec/ONE/6.html)

Does this board require fans with PWM?

Having only 2 fan connectors on board means only these will be amended by voltage (and not by PWM) at this mobo, and the other fans can certainly be connected to the PSU?

Anything important about this fan thing I am missing?

thanx !!!

Older m/b, but I don't see getting away from an 1150 platform for quite a while, and was on sale @ newegg, looking at qvl, no problems except M.2 ssd support is a little vague. If I do get an m.2, do I lose the 2 pciex1 slots? I have a soundblaster Z that I'd like to re-use, but the way I read it is that it's either the m.2 or the x1 slot use. I understand that the on-board sound is supposed to be almost match for the z, but...

And, the qvl lists up to 256 gig m.2's, but, I'd like to get a 512 gig samsung.

Any clarification out there?

Thanks,
pek

I have been looking for the Maximus Hero VII for a month. I have been checking every site that sells it a few times a day and have never seen it in stock. I have the board on autonotify, but have never gotten a notification. The only other place to buy one are from price gougers on Amazon/ebay which are selling them for $400+. What is going on with this board? I thought it was extremely popular. Why is it out of stock everywhere?

When am I going to be able to get my hands on this motherboard? I can't figure out why what seems to be the Cadillac of 1150 motherboards is consistently out of stock.

Back