Chillin' out maxin' relaxin' all cool
And all shootin some b-ball outside of the school
When a couple of guys who were up to no good
Started making trouble in my neighborhood
I got in one little fight and my mom got scared
She said 'You're movin' with your auntie and uncle in Bel Air'

I begged and pleaded with her day after day
But she packed my suit case and sent me on my way
She gave me a kiss and then she gave me my ticket.
I put my Walkman on and said, 'I might as well kick it'.

First class, yo this is bad
Drinking orange juice out of a champagne glass.
Is this what the people of Bel-Air living like?
Hmmmmm this might be alright.

But wait I hear they're prissy, bourgeois, all that
Is this the type of place that they just send this cool cat?
I don't think so
I'll see when I get there
I hope they're prepared for the prince of Bel-Air

Well, the plane landed and when I came out
There was a dude who looked like a cop standing there with my name out
I ain't trying to get arrested yet
I just got here
I sprang with the quickness like lightning, disappeared

I whistled for a cab and when it came near
The license plate said fresh and it had dice in the mirror
If anything I could say that this cab was rare
But I thought 'Nah, forget it' - 'Yo, home to Bel Air'

I pulled up to the house about 7 or 8
And I yelled to the cabbie 'Yo home smell ya later'
I looked at my kingdom
I was finally there
To sit on my throne as the Prince of Bel Air

Once upon a time, I won this baller mobo. The end.

Disclaimer: This story is from the future.

One weekend, me and my friends went on a camping trip to Wakayama. The next day we drove to all these temples and shrines through the prefecture. Well one small city we get to and notice a ton of police, but no traffic, no people walking about. Not thinking much of it, we went to the top of the steps to the shrine. We were greeted by the head priest who said "Yukio Hatoyama is inside with his wife and security, you are going to have to wait."

At that moment all I could think was "F**CK YOU WHALE!! AND F*CK YOU DOLPHIN!!". Being that none of my friends knew much about Southpark, I was alone in this.

So after a couple of minutes he comes out with his wife and walks over to us to say thank you for waiting. I got to speak to his wife and talk to him for a bit. The whole time I am fighting back laughter and have this huge smile on my face. I guess they thought I was impressed and taken by being in their midst. That could be further from the truth. All I could hear was Cartmans rendition of "Poker Face" and "F**CK YOU WHALE!! AND F*CK YOU DOLPHIN!!". We then shook some hands and they went off. They didn't allow any pictures though. But one of the guys snapped a picture with his tiny camera.

FYouWhale.jpg

As I was spending the holiday with my mom's family at her cousin's ranch, I heard a loud donkey noise. He had trees everywhere making everything hidden from view. After ten minutes of exploring the grounds with my younger brother found two donkeys. First one, lets call him Larry, was very friendly and the second, donkey with a harness, didn't want anything to do with us.

Larry was a nice donkey, he let us had feed him some tall grass and chips. I handed this guy some tortilla chips and he was so happy. It was like his first time eating tortilla chips. After I ran out of tortilla chips, he followed us along the fence and once in a while you could hear him yell at us for more tortilla chips from the distance. :D

QPCSZQ1m.jpg

sM2d7upm.jpg

Here's a little ditty about Jack and Diane..two American kids growing up in the heartland...
320px-US_Flag_Backlit.jpg

Once along time ago... in an interwebs far far away... a man-bear-pig named Tengis created a parody of the hamster dance in [H]ard|OCPs honor.

This website brought with it the happiness and sadness of a thousand [H] logos dancing to a ridiculous rendition of the same music seen on hamster dance. It disappeared into the night... never to be seen again. Fortunately, its memory lives on:

hdance.png

10898232_10153467289782193_7911385874833844767_n.jpg

We woke up one morning and her eyes were all zombified. Her inner eyelids were covering her eyes. We took her to the vet the same day and he said it was likely horner's syndrome and that it should go away eventually so here's some eyedrops. We go back 5 days later and he's not sure what's wrong but her left eye is bulging like crazy so he refers us to an ophthalmologist for animals. The earliest appointment is 10 days from then so we wait.

Unfortunately, while we're waiting I noticed that she had gone blind in her left eye so I started to worry but we couldn't do anything except wait. Finally the appointment comes and the doctor says that she has Glaucoma. That left eye has a pressure of 60+ and she should be operated on ASAP. So we pay them $1,700 to remove her eye.

Moral of the story: Glaucoma in dogs is extremely serious. If not taken care of in 24 hours the dog will go blind in that eye. Furthermore, if it was genetic, which it very often is, it is extremely likely to occur in the remaining eye within a year. So if we don't keep an EYE on her other eye, then she could go blind.

One time, while I was entering a raffle on a hardware forum, I Googled image searched "Steve from HardOCP" looking for that bra pic. Instead, this was in the search results.

wZXBOUL.jpg

So, today I had to change the wire ropes on an industrial crane. Why did I have to change the ropes? Because people don't know how to operate the crane correctly. Especially the guy that did this. He's been through Operator training 5 times. I think he does it on purpose because he doesn't have to work for a while while the crane is down. Also, his employer doesn't hold the operators accountable.

I once made a photoshop as a reply to a joke tweet and it turned into a real product.

The photoshop:

lITM6QQ.jpg

and the result...

2TK9pk0.jpg

Yep. George sent me an autographed bottle.

This is what I'm building. It'll take about 6 months or so for the barrel and chambering.
31" Bartlein, Weatherby Mark V, T3 Terminator...

338%20LANGLEY_zpsqsxzlgxy.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

On May 19, 1985, I was returning home from visiting relatives in Brooklyn, NY. As I was crossing the intersection of Central Ave. and Gates Ave. I was T-boned by a big ass Chevy Caprice. They were running away from the NYPD. My little 1975 Toyota Celica was shoved halfway down the block sideways. I saw it all happen in slow motion. I had my hand on the steering wheel. I then moved my hand out of the was as my door came inwards and hit the wheel right where my hand was and bent the column. The center console flow over to the passenger side and my stereo shot out of the dash and landed in the back seat because the dash had bent like a piece of cardboard.
20150708_192930.jpg

At the time I didn't know they were running away from the cops. They got out of their car and came over to mine. One of the two opened the passenger side door and grabbed me by the arm. Then proceeded to drag me out onto the street. The other guy picked me up off the ground and proceeded to punch me on the head repeatedly while the first guy held me up. I was all sorts of confused. I then hear one of my cousin yelling at the guys. At this point, the guy that was hitting me pulled out a gun. When my cousin got right next to us the guy with the gun hit my cousin on the side of the head with the gun and cut up his ear. Then, a housing cop came around the corner and saw what was going on. The dude with the gun gave the gun to a kid and told him to run away. NYPD showed up and arrested the two assholes because they found drugs in their car. I was transported to Brookdale Hospital. I got check out real good. The doctor was confused. He told me that I had blood all over my clothes, hands and face. But he said that none of it was mine. I didn't have a single scratch.

Recently my wife and I finally were able to get away for a honeymoon/anniversary/vacation to New York City. I am not particularly fond of New York as a whole but it has always been on the list of places to go, people to see. So we booked the flight, shipped the kiddos off to the in-laws, and got on our way.

9/11 Memorial, Chelsea's Market, Central Park; You name it, we probably went to see it. We called them all experiences and I truly had a good time. It all seemed so jam packed, though. The hustle and bustle of it all caught up with me most days and one night we finally just sat down at a bar near the hotel and had some drinks.

There was a game that night so the bar was fairly packed which was not too big of a deal. This did, however, have an effect on service. It took a while for the beers to come around but for some reason an attractive young lady with a delightful Irish accent seems to smooth things out. She was doing her best, and I recognized that. Several beers and great conversation with my lovely wife later, and I was ready for one last beer. Our wonderful waitress brings us our last round but she brought this draft in a handsome little pint glass with "Brooklyn Brewery" adorned on it. I am not sentimental and as such hadn't purchased much memorabilia in New York up to this point. So I simply had to have this pint glass. The next time the waitress returned to check on us I leaned in and asked,"I was wondering, do you happen to sell these pint glasses?" She simply turned around and said in her thick accent,"I am going to go over there for 3 minutes to do something. If something were to happen to that glass which we don't sell, it would be awful." Message received. Pint glass in wife's purse, bill paid, back to the hotel room.

I will remember this trip for the rest of my days, but it is nice to have a pint glass from a local brewery to sip from to really remember the trip from time to time.

I bought a fish named George a while back. George was stupid. He eventually decided it would be a good idea to fly out the back of the tank. I found George after work when I got home. Poor George. I bought Ringo to replace George. So far Ringo hasn't been as stupid as George.

George:
U0ORc0Bl.jpg

Ringo:
VYaM2dxl.jpg

Once upon a time I installed windows 10, it was good, start menu was improved, then a newer build made it crappy. Its still crappy. Another build came along and broke scaling as shown in the picture, some stuff is blurry, some stuff isnt. I'm still using win 10, the end.

26g5hBs.png

One time I went to Fry's to get some stuff for a lan party a good friend was hosting and we met the CEO of Nvidia.

He remembered that was in Club SLI:
club-sli-perks.jpg

He remembered that I was fan of his company:
bringing-to-gfl6.jpg

He bought me an 8800GTX!
jen-hsun_rocks.jpg

It was a good day.
it_was_a_good_day_zpshqfxjg4t.jpg

Want to get a bike some day. Been looking at all kinds of makes and models, but when it comes down to it, I think I'm going to go with the classic icon: Harley Davidson. Kind of like when I buy computer components...I'll compare all kinds of makes and models, but I usually end up with Asus. \m/

Might as well use this here!

So to sit out my 7 day ban from this wonderful forum, I tried to think what would [H]ard members do.... I figured out that the best solution was to trade in my 2014 RAM on 35s for a 2015 Camaro 2SS with the RS and 1LE package! Do I regret it? HELL NO! This thing is fun, and makes me smile every time I drive it!

There were only 3 1LE packages in the city. One white, 2 red and only 1 red and the white one had the 2SS package. I had a deal setup on the white one. I told them that I would come back in an hour to sign the paperwork as I had to drop the baby off so they had me sign their "fake" agreement sheet. Well, I found out first hand how it means jack shit. Someone apparently offered more than I did and scooped up the car before I could get back!

Lucky for me, there was a red one (which, in person, I like more). I went and made the deal that night, signed at 9:30pm Friday! For those that dont know, the LE has a few appearance modifications, upgraded track suspension package, and black 10 spoke wheels. Of course I got the M6 which means LS3 @ 426hp 420tq stock.

While there are much stronger vehicles in the Camaro fleet, for the price I feel this is a great deal and VERY fun car. I have been wanting one for a long time, and finally have one. While I had to finance @ 0%, and my wife is not a visual 10, I tried to do my best.... Already have 5% tint all around w/ 35% on the windshield.

DmeAvrV.jpg

Had 3 surgeries on my wrist already. About to have to get a 4th since these stupid doctors didn't get it all the first few times around; they don't even offer discount either -_-

XOVUnX6m.jpg

I was playing World of Warships tonight. Was up against a couple of American carriers shredding my planes. I was all out. Team was on the brink of losing. Instead of sitting idly by, I race across the map - AA guns blazing, dodging dive bombers and torpedo spreads, and go straight for the Carrier vs Carrier kamikaze attempt. Surprisingly, it was effective.

TWtVaa1m.jpg

Once upon a time,

I realized that my wiener looked good with long hair. Live free and prosper my wiener.

The End.

6JOTZ0v.jpg

No, those are not my extensions. But yes, that is my wiener.

Last edited:
I was in Boston a while back while a movie was being filmed in front of the capital building. I got pretty excited, thinking I might have a chance to randomly be filmed walking around. Nobody knew what movie it was either.

Turns out it was Knowing, with Nicholas Cage :(:(:(

IMG_0685_zpsntuscl8e.jpg

The longest game that I have ever played was WoW. Had alot of ups and downs from the numerous years of playing. The biggest up was completing the 45 min bear run of ZA and then winning the bear mount.

bae5d028398b0c2ca100a7075f9efc45.jpg

And if you were wondering, It was on Earthen Ring (US).

Cooked some pizza at home using caputo "00" flour. Heated up the green egg to about 700F. Have had it as high as ~1000F. Pizza turns out pretty good.

NHBnDrc.jpg

This is rhubarb pie as made by my mother.
It's a rather simple pie to make, as you can see.

The dough is a pastry dough, then fresh rhubarb pieces set in it, and then a simple sugar glaze on top.

You eat that cake with freshly made whipped cream and you will forget all your sorrows.
All but one: You don't have an ASUS Z97 board. No, you have some ancient board that barely clings to life. That's what you have. That and rhubarb pie though.

Hi Person that has to read all of these and choose a winner. My Story is as follows.

As my first car, I scoured the internet for a muscle car in a price range my parents could accept. I finally found one, a 1971 Ford Torino GT. I fell in love with it the moment I laid eyes on it in person, the louvered rear windows, the deep green paint, the Cragar SS wheels shining in the light.

This example had it's issues, it was rusty in some critical areas, the rear suspension was a bit soggy, but for a young wrench turner, it was perfect as a project for me and my dad.

A few years later and I am a freshman in college, there is a strip of soon to be toll road, the main surface was completed and open to traffic, but the toll readers were not active yet and the main exits not completed. Very little traffic went through the area. I was 19, bored, and headed for this re-purposed race track.

The car had been with me for a long time now, I new its quirks, how the steering was a bit loose, how the suspension floated above 90mph. How my tires and wheels were old, dented, and out of balance. But that didn't matter, becaus eall 351 CI of dearborne iron was running right and ready to stretch it's legs.

I cruised a long at the posted speed limit, until the darkness enveloped me when the new highway section no longer had street lights. That's when I planted the foot. 90, 100, 110, the front end floating around wildly over the bump, me cranking the wheel to counter act the body roll enduced lane shifting. 120, the wheels are violently vibrating, and I can here the air being sucked through the. The old school headlights only illuminating maybe 200 feet in front of me, beyond that darkness.

130MPH 5000rpm in 3rd gear, the top gear by American standards, the tires are vibrating from being out of balance so violently now that I can feel one get airborne since, at this speed, the front end was lifted many inches above standard ride height due to the aero drag. The end of the impromptu race track is zooming towards me and I gently let out the throttle and apply brakes, the engine revs descend as construction barrels begin zooming by me. I peel off onto the exit and gently roll to a stop where, were this an actual race track, the finish line should be.

The car is idling like a purring cat, smooth and consistent, I can hear the exhaust pipes ticking slightly as they cool down, I smell a bit of warm brakes. I am all alone at the end of the road, the end of the world. I follow the path back the way I came, and headed home.

I love this car.

(Most recent picture, the old beatup Cragar SS's got replaced by some American Racing wheels and BFG rubber)

The other day I got hungry for some mac & cheese, something I crave fairly frequently. I thought to myself "today will be a spicy mac day." and set out to procure ingredients. I grabbed some jalapenos and thick cut bacon then moseyed on down to the cheese aisle where I picked up blocks of extra sharp cheddar, habanero jack, and pecorino romano (~2.5lbs of cheese total). Also grabbed a can of corn; sometimes I like a little sweetness mixed in. Picked up some Lagunitas Little Sumpin' Extra on the way out and headed home.

I chopped up the jalapenos, bacon, and onions and browned em a bit in a pan then shredded the cheese while I waited for the pasta to cook. Once the pasta was done I made my sauce with some sodium citrate instead of a bechamel. Mixed ~1.5 tsp of sodium citrate with ~1.5 C water (I didn't actually measure anything) and then mixed the cheese in. When that became evenly melted and mixed I added the corn and mixed it a little longer. I added the pasta followed by the bacon/jalapeno/onion mixture and mixed that well to distribute some of the bacon grease and other flavors throughout. Then I got lazy (because I was 3-4 beers in at this point) and ended up not baking it. And forgot to get the finished product picture, so here's a pic of the shredded cheeses, jalapenos, and bacon.

o3rEdPJh.jpg

A few years ago (ok many many years go) when the US Navy left Vieques, PR, my wife and I paid the island a visit.

It was lovely! Quiet roads, small hotels, deserted beaches... I had a mask and snorkel and I was young and felt invincible, so I was a mad snorkeling fool, all over the damn place.

One day, I was out snorkeling quite far from shore when I saw a big dark shape in the distance.

"Oooh, Parrotfish?!" I thought, naively.

I swam closer. Nope, not a parrotfish. Different shape. More bullet-like, more sleek, more... toothy?!

g2ZKOhw.jpg

Ahhhh! Barracuda! Great Barracuda!!!

This big guy was coming straight at me, so I started swimming backwards as fast as I could, while keeping an eye on the fish at all times. Bad idea, I thought as I realized that the palms of my hands and the soles of my feet were shiny and reflective and would probably attract its attention even more. So I balled up my hands and tried to keep swimming backwards sort of without kicking my legs too much, and the fish got closer, and closer...

"AHHHHHHHHH" I screamed at it, underwater. "AHHHHHGRUAAAALBLURAAAAGH!"

For some odd reason, it wasn't the least bit scared of my screaming, it kept coming closer with little darting, predatory moves... I kept swimming back, it kept coming closer...

Suddenly I was in shallow enough water that I was kicking sand up with my feet. Now I couldn't see it! Bad bad bad! I screamed at it some more, turned around and ran like hell out of the water!

My wife - sitting on the beach - was kind of worried at what was going on, what with me screaming incoherently into the water, but once I explained, she wasn't quite so worried. Kind of more like laughing actually... at me... :confused:

Moral of the story - don't scream at sea life, they couldn't care less :cool:

Sometimes passive cooling is a bad idea. For example, our office has no AC and gets rather warm in the summer.
mTs1Oahh.jpg

Not a single person has posted anything [H]ard yet, so I SHOULD WIN, with the following post.

Drove for 7 hours last week, tired and hungry as hell looking for a good, new, place to eat. I see this place called Twin Peaks. Just before entering I realize what it is. A bad ass breastraunt!

Had a great time, my son loved it, hehehe.

The picture? Hard fucking ketchup....Their very own.

4hp4d1.jpg

Chicken's Whim: A short story by the world renowned auteur Sir Hielo von Loco...

- A minimalist masterpiece - TIME

- Von Loco is a master of words, a juggler of phrases, a blacksmith of prose!! - Life

- Sushi that looks like a butt!! Look at the pictures!! - Kotaku

======>>Chicken's Whim<<========
by Hielo von Loco

The chicken crossed the road!!

-FIN-

Last edited:
I generally underachieve, so I took a lot of my family by surprise when I finally made good on a goal of mine, when I completed a script. I set a deadline and met it. Took me about two months after I finalized the story. I even got it copywritten after a couple more months of editing, was happy.

iaintafraid.png

Still am. Just haven't been able to sell it. May never, but that's quite alright.

"How to Watercool Your Lawn Furniture"

There once was a guy. Your average, hairy, tubby, guy.

One HOT day in North Texas our hero was tasked with cleaning out the D.E. grids in a Hayward 48 square foot in-ground pool filter. After several hours of cleaning the grid assembly on one side of the yard, that guy returned to the other side of the yard to clean out the filter tank whereupon he realized that he forgot to bring the water hose and sprayer with him.

Being eternally lazy and absolutely dripping with sweat, he realized the spigot with 50 foot hose attached was right next to him and so, in a fit of genius he began pulling on the hose. He pulled on the hose with all his might, dragging the sprayer across the back yard where it caught on absolutely EVERY damned thing possible including, eventually, a rather comfortable mesh slingback chair recently purchased from a local home and garden store. Our hero was at this point unaware and began pulling even harder and more angrily on the hose.

Suddenly a 'SPLASH!' and our hero realizes what he's just done.... (and that the resistance on the end of the hose has just increased tenfold). He climbs out of the pool pump area and runs to the edge of the pool where he spots the source of the noise:

And our hero becomes absolutely ENRAGED, yelling obscenities and pointing at the now fully submerged lawn chair. From his neighbor's vantage points it must have looked quite comical, some fat guy covered in muck from the pool filter and dripping with sweat standing next to the pool pointing at it and yelling, red faced, clearly out of his mind. And then the absolute ridiculousness and hilarity of the situation hits, whereupon our hero plops his ass down on the bench next to the pool and begins laughing hysterically.... again, the neighbors must surely be calling the paddy wagon at this point.

Will our hero save the drowning lawn chair? Does watercooling your lawn furniture gain an extra 300 mhz worth of overclock?

Stay tuned for "The LawnChair Games: Catching Hell From The Wife - Part 2, chapter 1"!

We go camping in southern Washington State every spring break. Usually we will go on hikes to see if we can find any notable locations. We come upon this cliff face that overlooks the Klickitat valley. My friend was taking a look over the edge and I thought that was a great opportunity to snap a quick picture on my S5. Turned out pretty cool besides looking kind of tilted for some reason. Great times camping there, such beautiful scenery and many mountain views.
vvvvv.jpg

This was a photo I took back in 2006 while on a road trip.

It always makes me chuckle because it shows how something so simple can be interpreted in so many different ways.
Do I just have a dirty mind? Am I the only one who thinks of the other KY?
Are these people really clueless about what their license plate says? Surely they have seen KY commercials before.
or
Are these people really closet freaks and enjoy telling everyone in a subtle way that they are freaks??
idk, but makes you wonder.

bNc4Nux.jpg

Back