ASUS Z87 Motherboards - Overview, Guides and Official Support

Hi!!
First of all, sorry for my poor english :(
I have an Emulex lpe11000 pcie Fibre Channel Host Bus Adapter and I would use it with my z87 deluxe.
I tried the fc hba in every 16x pcie slot of z87 deluxe but...
The motherboard boots, the speaker beeps ma there is not video image.
The video signal is present, there is not "no video segnal" monitor popup, but the boot process stops (no hd activity).
I updated m/b bios and the hba firmware, and I know the hba is functioning (tried in other system).
Are there "special" configuration hits to configure bios csm or other bios items??
Thank you in advance!!
:)Best Regards from Rome:)
Andrea

Can anyone tell me about the BIOS settings fast boot and hardware fast boot? What's the difference between them? I've read that fast boot should be disabled to extend SSD life. But is that only for Windows 8 fast boot, which seems to be some kind of hibernation? I have Windows 7, and my hibernation is disabled.

So should I enable fast boot or hardware fast boot, and would they work on Windows 7?

I was wondering if anyone had troubles with a Z87 Pro w/ BIOS 2103? I just increased my RAM to 16Gb 2400Mhz (2x8) from 8Gb 1600Mhz (2x4) and experienced an unstable overclock. The overclock was on a i5-4670K running at 4.4Ghz at 1.25V. It's been stable for almost two years now. I currently have BIOS 1602 installed, so there are a lot more versions available that improve system stability and performance.

Last edited:
Back