ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

which setting are you changing in UEFI relating to fan monitoring to ignore the message? When you re-enter UEFI has the setting physically reverted to default?

which setting are you changing in UEFI relating to fan monitoring to ignore the message? When you re-enter UEFI has the setting physically reverted to default?

CPU fan error. The default low speed in fan monitoring is 600rpm. For my htpc, I have to lower it to 500rpm.

I downgraded to bios 1802 and the problem is solved. so it's just a problem with the latest bios.

CPU fan error. The default low speed in fan monitoring is 600rpm. For my htpc, I have to lower it to 500rpm.

I downgraded to bios 1802 and the problem is solved. so it's just a problem with the latest bios.

what happens if you set fan low limit to ignore on the latest bios - then press f10 to save an exit? Still get a warning?

what happens if you set fan low limit to ignore on the latest bios - then press f10 to save an exit? Still get a warning?

It will boot fine but next cold boot the fan error comes back. I've tested it repeatedly, the bios settings reset themselves. Cut was very strange. Luckily the previous bios version behaves properly so I'm good as long as I don't use 1903. I guess it could have been a bad firmware upgrade to 1903. But I haven't had it happen before with asus

It will boot fine but next cold boot the fan error comes back. I've tested it repeatedly, the bios settings reset themselves. Cut was very strange. Luckily the previous bios version behaves properly so I'm good as long as I don't use 1903. I guess it could have been a bad firmware upgrade to 1903. But I haven't had it happen before with asus

Have you checked your battery? Looks like the battery isn't holding/keeping the settings.

You don't get an overclocking failed message as well do you?

Nope, I'm pretty sure it was just the fan error message as I am not overclocking at all. Which is typical of defaults in the bios. The first thing I have to change is the fan speed then zero problems unless I reset the settings or upgrade the bios. Since the previous version has fixed the problem I'm not worrying about it but it's still strange that it happened at all.

Have you checked your battery? Looks like the battery isn't holding/keeping the settings.

I don't see how that's possible. I've run the previous version of the bios now for 10+ days with zero problems

How does one disable the integrated graphics on a Z77 board?

Don't remember about Z77 board, but on my M6F, it's in the BIOS, Advanced, System Agent Configurations and Graphics Configuration. It's usually disabled once you have a discrete video card inserted in the PCI-E slot. If you want to enable it for Multi-monitor support, you will enable option "iGPU..." Z77 board may be different, but do check for anything with the "iGPU..." option. Hope this helps.

I tried, but it keeps showing up in device manager and it keeps reserving about 256 MB of memory.

Ok just got a used MVF and only problem seems to be bios reporting 2 keyboards and 1 mouse. read another post which mentioned setting usb to full detect. Searched thru bios and cannot find that option runing bios 1903 any help???
using logitech G15 v1 keyboard ans wireless logitech lefhanded mouse

Last edited:
Even if UEFI is reporting that, it does not matter - especially if the keyboard and mouse are working fine.

ok but it was anoying to see and nothing was found using google. Thought maybe I was missing a setting

It seems all the Intel USB ports on my Deluxe are dead.
I disconnected everything and get "No Keyboard Detected" on every Intel USB port.
The ASMedia ports work.
The Intel ports are still supplying power though, which are connected to a couple LED strips on my monitor.
I've tried changing USB options in BIOS but I don't really understand them.
Am I missing something or are these ports just dead?

I've been running an i7-3770K @ 4.6 w/1.256V from the start 2 years ago without issue.
P8Z77V-Deluxe, Corsair 4x4GB Vengeance, Antec Kuhler 920, HX1050

Try a CMOS clear and see if any of the devices show up again - to UEFI or Windows.

Thanks Raja, I tried that. I tried removing the battery too. I removed every USB device, even unplugged all the mid-board plugs for the front case and cooler. I removed the GPUs and unplugged all the drives.
No matter what I try I get "no keyboard detected" during boot on every rear I/O except the ASMedia ports.
To rule out issues with the keyboard I tried a generic Logitech K120 keyboard along with my G19, but it's not limited to just keyboard. Thumb drives aren't recognized in BIOS when plugged to any Intel port.

Nothing. No drives, mice or keyboards detected.
All the right hubs and drivers are there but nothing happens when I plug anything in. There a 4 "Unkown Devices" listed and I've tried uninstalling all of them but they just reappear after restart. It seems the USB ports are detected but don't communicate.
I also installed the latest Intel chipset drivers but no change.

Been running this setup for some time now (8-12 months) without issues. I am using latest official bios and the motherboard is only seeing half of the 16gb ram installed. I have narrowed it down to the DIMM A2 and DIMM B1 (the two middle slots). All sticks work, just not in those slots. I have pulled CPU to reseat and check for bent pins but they all look factory new. The memory is Ballistix tracer 1866 XMP 1.5v memory and even at 1333 it will not recognize all 16 gigs. The UFEI bios shows only 8 gig and windows shows the same, funny thing is CPU-Z recognizes all 16 gigs. I am to the point of attempting to RMA or ditching it all together. I've seen many other Asus Z77's experience this issue and most are resolved either by fixing bent socket PINS, ground shorts and by RMA'ing the board. If anyone has any additional insight on this issue I would appreciate it. With work, soccer, family etc I have not had much time to deal with it. I mean it works fine with only 8 gigs but it is annoying.

Thanks, Todd

I hate to resurect an old thread, but did they ever get FanXpert II working with Aida64 correctly on this mobo? I don't like the curve on the mobo headers, and using an Aquaero 6 on my rad fans, I need Aida for that functionality, but would like the Asus software for my rear case fan.

So this is how I fixed my bios which didn't show igpu or turbo ratio (bad ME).

Download AMI flash tool from AMI's homepage (since these motherboards have AMI bios/uefi).

From the zip file extract:
amiflash\aptio\afuwin\64\afuwin64.zip (I guess you run 64bit windows)

First, launch afuwingui.exe
save your old bios as a backup, just in case
click open and browse to your new bios (downloaded from asus for your specific motherboard)
in the setup tab, check "program all blocks"
click flash and hope for the best. It'll take a while to erase, write and verify
reboot

This worked for me, after reboot my ME version was updated, and everything works as it should.

Bascially this will reprogram your entire eeprom. As any other bios update it's not "safe", not sure if the bios flashback will work if this fails. Anyway, if your alternative is to get a new preprogrammed eeprom I don't see what you have to lose.

Link to flash utility:
http://www.ami.com/support/downloads/amiflash.zip
This is driving me absolutely nuts. I've been running a 3570k in my ASROCK Z77 PRO4* for almost three years, and have not been able to use the iGPU for most of that time. I've just been ignoring it since I have a dedicated GPU anyhow, but today after experiencing problems installing the latest Catalyst drivers, I decided to try and re-address it.

It seems several people have had success using the procedure mentioned above, but I can't even flash anything. When I click "Flash" in AFUWINGUI, my system almost immediately freezes and has to be reset, at which time the BIOS is corrupt (or simply nonexistent) and I have to use a USB drive to recover my old one.

Today I decided to try making a bootable MS-DOS drive and use the command line to do the equivalent of "Program All Blocks" that way. Same result -- as soon as it started performing "Erasing Boot Block," system frozen, BIOS corrupted.

Does this mean my EEPROM is corrupt and needs replaced, or what? It's interesting that I'm able to restore my backups without problem repeatedly, but any attempt to flash a new ROM is an instant freeze-up.

*Different board, yes, but same problem and others using ASRock have reported success using this procedure (obviously with the appropriate BIOS ROM file).

EDIT: The EEPROM was indeed corrupt. Grabbed a new chip for like $12 on eBay and it fixed the issue.

Last edited:
Idk if anyone checks this thread anymore, but I could use some help. I need to upgrade to two 8GB memory sticks but I don't know which ones to get. Can someone recommend?

Idk if anyone checks this thread anymore, but I could use some help. I need to upgrade to two 8GB memory sticks but I don't know which ones to get. Can someone recommend?

any of them will work.

go with G.Skill, Crucial, Samsung, Corsair...

Just about any DDR3 sticks will work. You have 4 banks to play with. But we might have better recommendations based on if you want value, or speed.

If you have 2 banks filled, you'll want to fill it up with 2 more of the same size & speed which will double your memory and save you some $$$. Just take one of the existing sticks out and read the stickers on it. If you don't see stickers, give us what's stamped on the memory chip or PCB behind the chips. We can google the model # and tell you what a good match to the existing 2.

Just about any DDR3 sticks will work. You have 4 banks to play with. But we might have better recommendations based on if you want value, or speed.

If you have 2 banks filled, you'll want to fill it up with 2 more of the same size & speed which will double your memory and save you some $$$. Just take one of the existing sticks out and read the stickers on it. If you don't see stickers, give us what's stamped on the memory chip or PCB behind the chips. We can google the model # and tell you what a good match to the existing 2.

The two sticks of memory I have are now bad. Had them for over 3 years. I kept getting BSOD, did a memtest & got hundreds of errors.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00569K7LM/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I'm looking to get two 8 GB sticks of memory. It has to have a cooling feature of some kind, 1.5V. Would prefer to stick to crucial or corsair. It's my understanding that going beyond 1600 MHz or getting DDR4 would be of no value with this motherboard?

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My P8Z77-V Deluxe does not load the Intel NIC at start up. Disabling/enabling the adapter in Win10 won't do it either. It says "The device cannot start. (Code 10)".
It will load the NIC when I restart. It's only after a shutdown it will not load. This led me to believe it has something to do with Rapid Start. I disabled Rapid Start in BIOS. I first tried disabling Fast Boot in Win10 Power Options and then completely disabling hibernation in Win10 through powercfg. Still no NIC after shutdown.
Anyone have any ideas?

Some history with this board. It was repaired by ASUS in warranty for USB issues. It sat on a shelf for while after I got it back until I finally used it in a new build which is now having this problem.
I don't think it's related, but maybe, that the ME Version in BIOS shows NA. I've tried flashing previous BIOS versions hoping they included the ME Firmware but no luck. I'm not skilled in BIOS editing and don't wish to spend hours figuring it out if I don't need to since I don't think this will help my issue.

Thanks for reading gang. I hope someone has an idea what this could be.

Thanks. I tried the ASUS driver and the latest from Intel. Something is not loading at start up but OK when I restart.
I switched off Rapid Start. Is there anything else in BIOS to affect this behavior?

That's a very odd behavior. What does the UEFI BIOS say about the port?

That's a very odd behavior. What does the UEFI BIOS say about the port?
Nothing out of the ordinary. I've tried disabling/enabling in BIOS, cleared CMOS. I tried Network Stack, capture interrupt 19 and anything else I can think of even though I doubt it has anything to do with it.
The only thing out of ordinary is the missing ME Firmware. Could that possibly have something to do with it?
I think MEI is just an interface to the MoBo so I can't imagine, but maybe there's more to it?

Back