ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

I think if you read the actions of the 3 possibilities avail, you will notice that left in disabled this could be a gigantic problem!!
WTF!

That's been there as long as I can remember.. AFAIK it makes the board behave in similar way as Asrock ultra-fast boot and like you imply, you can't get into BIOS.

I just use Partial with PS2 disabled.

I built a new system around the sabertooth Z77. I have the I5-3570k, eight gigs of corsair ram compatible with the board. and I am using an evga gtx 670, the 4 gig version.

I am having a really strange issue. When I turn the machine on for first use of the day, it works great for a few, can play a game, whatever, eventually it locks up, the pointer jerks around and it eventually freezes until I reset it. After that however, it will work for the rest of the way with no issues, as long as I leave it on after that reset. Until the next time it gets turned off. It also wont stay asleep, even with all USB devices unplugged.

These are the only two issues with the machine, after the lock up, it will pass Prime 95, 3dmark, any tests I can throw at it.

Anyone who can help me begin to diagnose it would be very appreciated.

I built a new system around the sabertooth Z77. I have the I5-3570k, eight gigs of corsair ram compatible with the board. and I am using an evga gtx 670, the 4 gig version.

I am having a really strange issue. When I turn the machine on for first use of the day, it works great for a few, can play a game, whatever, eventually it locks up, the pointer jerks around and it eventually freezes until I reset it. After that however, it will work for the rest of the way with no issues, as long as I leave it on after that reset. Until the next time it gets turned off. It also wont stay asleep, even with all USB devices unplugged.

These are the only two issues with the machine, after the lock up, it will pass Prime 95, 3dmark, any tests I can throw at it.

Anyone who can help me begin to diagnose it would be very appreciated.

Post a list of all parts used and UEFI version. Include a list of everything connected to the board and drivers used.

-Raja

Will there ever be a Bios update for the Sabertooth z77 that contains a new raid rom? If yes, any time frame?

I've read conflicting answers to my question, hopefully i can get some help here.

I was wondering if I can run sli in slots 1 (first red down from CPU) and 3 (3rd red down from CPU)? The manual calls out 1 and 2B, but i'd like to use 3 for a little extra space between the cards.

If so, can I use a 3 way sli bridge? I would be using the 2 end connections, not the first and middle.

MVE
Galaxy gtx 670 4GB
no other PCIe cards

Raja@ASUS,

Could you write whether P8Z77-V* motherboards support/compatible with Extended Page Tables (Intel's SLAT)? Assume we install i5-3570 (without K).
According specification processor supports it, but specification for Z77 says nothing.

My aim is to make computer compatible with Hyper-v under Win8. Looking for motherboard.

Thank you.

Not likely this kind of Virtualization is supported - you will need a Q series chipset.

Hi all, hopefully you guys can help me out with an issue:

I have a P8Z77-V Pro with the latest bios (ver 2003) and I'm having trouble getting it to wake from sleep using my keyboard. Is there a configuration option I'm just not seeing?

I have a G15 (1st gen) plugged into the usb2.0 ports on the back of the board.

EDIT: I got it to work fine on a different USB port

Last edited:
Greetings to all, i'm new to the community and i hope that u could help me somehow with the problem i am facing.

My CPU voltage is set at fixed value of 1.120V(idle/load) and LLC to ULTRA HIGH, i have no add-on cards, i run iGPU of my CPU.
The problem is that when i resume from S3 the voltage drops to 1.104 at idle and further drops to 1.096-1.080V at load at which state my CPU gets unstable and i get BSOD. I monitored the VID values for CPU at both ocasions and the VID value does NOT change. Then i went into bios and set LLC to HIGH/MEDIUM and got the same voltages i get after resuming from S3.
When LLC is at ULTRA HIGH i have ocasional VCore oscilation of 8 mV, but after reboot or if set to HIGH/MEDIUM i have oscilation that are constant at 16-24 mV.
My guess is that my LLC setting are changed after resuming from S3. I have clean installed WIN7 SP1 no voltage/multiplier/XYZ tweaking program runinng, not even AiSuite, i have a Noctua C12PSE14 cooler which additionaly cools the MOSFETs on the board.
It happens with both 1908 and 2003 BIOS, below that i wouldnt want to go because 1908 is the bios that resolves the F8 issue at boot.
Thanks in advance

My config:
P8Z77M-PRO
i5 3570k
iGPU
2x4GB Patriot IEM 2133Mhz
Kinxston HyperX 3K 120GB(OS) + 320GB WDBlack
Optiarc 7200S ODD
Clean install Win7SP1

Strange that, not seen it reported before. What are you using to track the voltage - software can be inaccurate. Real-time VCC and the values displayed by software are too different things.

Voltage reading was done with HWinfo/cpu-z/hw monitor, VID was monitored with HWinfo because its the only one that gives reading about it.
So it happened like this:
- i boot my pc and vCore is 1.120V
- open ONE of the monitoring tools listed
- run linx and look at the voltages
- then i stop linx
- go to S3
- reboot from S3
- voltage drops to 1.104V
- i run linx
- voltage drops to 1.080-1.096V and linx gives me a error (whereas before it ran as long as i wanted)

Thx for the quick reply

Update:
I booted my old system from the 320GB drive and the voltage drop doesn't happen, i'm sorry for the fuss about my previous post but i really didn't expect that a os could mess with LLC.I'm having an exam in 2 days so i can't experiment much till then, but after that i'm doing a full update and testing on the matter.

I'm finally done with my exams and here's the culprit of my problem.

Originally i had one 320GB drive and the OS on it worked flawlessly, then i added an SSD and installed a new(second) system on it.On that new system when i went into S3 i god the voltage drops reported above.
I tried the old system and everything worked as before, so i reinstalled from 3 different sources a new system again on the SSD:
- one was an untoched W7 SP1 directly from ms without any updates(tried afterwards also with all updates)
- the second was an old slipstreamed W7 SP1 which was used on the old system
- and the third was also slipstreamed W7 SP1 not done by me, but by my friend who uses it daily and everything worked ok fof him.

NEITHER of the 3 systems worked without the voltage drops, so i decided to test the SSD compatibility with the MB, and installed all 3 system again on the old drive without the SSD attached to the system at all, and still the PROBLEM EXISTED.

So today finally i tried to get definite confirmation from sw that LLC was dropping from ultra high to high and installed AiSuite. After that the problem WAS GONE.

How? The new system on the SSD had AiSuite on it also, but since i tested and tweaked everything i had when i bought the mb i didn't bother to go throug the DIGI+ PWM section.

KEY: If u never open the DIGI section u will get voltage drops, if u open it AT LEAST ONCE u will not have them, if u reboot ur system u DON'T need to get into the DIGI section again, so it is reboot persistent, BUT if u UNINSTALL AiSuite the drops are getting back.

If someone from ASUS can explain to me how this is happening i would be uber gratefull O.O

There is one more thing i would like to report, when toggling VT instructions for CPU in bios, the hard drives don't power down normally or stay on till the system reboots but lose power like someone plugged the PSU cable from the wall, and then power up again as the pc boots up. I know u don't have to toggle this setting every day but it gets really annoying to experience it on a board that is supposed to be mid range and is from a renowned manufacturer.This happens also on bioses 1908 and 2003.

Thx in advance
Sanchez

Hi everyone,

I am new to this forum and was looking for some information or anyone that may have experienced the situation that I have right now.

I just purchased parts to assemble a new system (listed below) and after getting everything up and running the system has collapsed like a house of cards. The system was stable for approximately 30 hours and then the blue screens started. It did a cycle of start and stops (3 seconds on and 3-4 seconds off) but that did clear and the os started (for the last time). I received an error screen to repair the os after that and attempted a repair to the os and it has ended in automatic start and shutdown cycles. 3 second start followed by 3 to 4 second shutdown repeatedly.

I have tried to reset cmos with no change (uplugged, battery out and jumper). I have successfully updated bios with latest release also with no change. It appears that the bios is not fully loading although the cpu checks as well as memory and the cpu fan runs and that is where it appears to end.

I have one stick of ram in, no video board, no harddrive and I am plugged into the on board vga. I have also pulled the board and tried out of case with the same results.

I have been able to record the post codes (frame slowed video) but I am not sure if that will help. I fear this board has self terminated and after going out on a limb in selecting this one I am a little frustrated and disappointed.

My configuration:

Z87 Expert
i7-4770K
RS-850-AMBA
Viper Extreme 8Gb 1600Mhz
GTX 760 SC
1TB WD black WD1002FAEX
clean install Win8 pro

Thanks in advance for any help
Bodybag

Last edited:
@BodyBag if you will read the title of the thread then you will see that you are typing in a wrong thread

Hey everyone. I'm having issues with my P8Z77-V where it takes a long time to reboot or shut down. I can't put it in sleep mode because it will just hang and I'll have to cold reset it.

I've got version 2003 of the BIOS, i5-3570K, 8GB Corsair RAM, and a Geforce 770 video card. The wifi module is plugged in but I'm not using it. Any ideas for what's causing this?

Just curious. I am currently on a P67 Asus Maximus Extreme IV, Looking to upgrade to the P8Z77-V PRO.

If I stick with my 2700k (which hits the magical 5ghz) I know the PCI-E lanes will be 2.0, that doesnt bother me.

What I am curious is will the lanes run at 16x/16x in SLI/Crossfire, or will it run 8x/8x in 2.0 mode.

With latest Intel RST that have full Windows 8.1 support, my hdd's (3x Samsung F1 in raid0) power down and then back on and finally off when shutting down PC. Any idea how to fix this?

Yeah, Intel is who needs to sort this out. There are several issues with the combination of RST and Win8/8.1.

Raja where is the serial number for this motherboard? V LK

I was told by chat support to check the back of the mobo...took it apart, which took over an hour. Only to find no serial sticker.

Theres only one sticker and the person told me thats not it.

I should have returned this things immediately. Looks like i do in fact have a SATA issue.

I have a V LK and it looks like the serial number sticker is on the side of one of the PCI slots.

Raja where is the serial number for this motherboard? V LK

I was told by chat support to check the back of the mobo...took it apart, which took over an hour. Only to find no serial sticker.

Theres only one sticker and the person told me thats not it.

I should have returned this things immediately. Looks like i do in fact have a SATA issue.

I'm not Raja but sometimes the serial number is on a sticker taped to the first expansion slot or the one next to it. It is usually located on the side facing the CPU socket. Hope yours is. Or you can check on the motherboard box, too, assuming you still have it.

I'm not Raja but sometimes the serial number is on a sticker taped to the first expansion slot or the one next to it. It is usually located on the side facing the CPU socket. Hope yours is. Or you can check on the motherboard box, too, assuming you still have it.
Threw the box out when i moved =(

Theres only one sticker on my motherboard. :(

Looked at a unboxing video on youtube and thankfully the guy panned the camera past the 24 pin power plug....thats where it is.

Chat support person "Matthew" failed to tell me to look there.

EDIT:JCNiest5 you were right...thankfully i didnt have to take it apart again.

Last edited:
Looked at a unboxing video on youtube and thankfully the guy panned the camera past the 24 pin power plug....thats where it is.

Chat support person "Matthew" failed to tell me to look there.

EDIT:JCNiest5 you were right...thankfully i didnt have to take it apart again.

Glad you finally found it. ;)

I had a weird problem today. Yesterday I updated the bios on my MAXIMUS V GENE board. It was running bios 1604 (and earlier versions) with zero problems for about 15 months or so. I am using the board in an HTPC with complete default settings other than changing the fan monitoring speed so that I can avoid the fan error on start up. I updated yesterday to BIOS 1903.

Now every time I do a COLD boot it gives me the fan error. In other words, the settings I put in did not "stick" and it was going to default upon cold boot. I just downgraded to 1802 to see if that helps but I'm confused as to why that would happen in the first place. Hopefully 1802 will fix it and still give me a fairly recent bios but I'm disappointed. Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Back