ASUS Z77 Motherboards - Official Support Thread

Are you sure it's not being blocked at the ISP level?

I don't have any such beta UEFI build here.

Very sure. If it helps I did forward it to 3 other different email accounts (different ISP's & hosts) just to make sure and it still showed nothing was attached to it.

To me it sounds like there is no BIOS but the guy is trying to make it look like hes putting in an effort for the problem. Finally found a board that is 100% stable with my configuration but I can't even access the BIOS with a simple HBA card, let alone update the BIOS cause then I can't access the BIOS or even go into Windows 7/8.

If you can help me with this problem I will be ever so grateful! I hate 'broken' things.

I'll forward to HQ and see what they come back with. Can't make any promises, things are real stretched at the mo with Haswell, but I'll try regardless.

-Raja

Last edited:
Okay here goes. Apprently some of these cards need Interrupt 19 Capture enabled in UEFI. Build 1701 onwards supports this function. You may need to update to that build, enable it and then insert the card. If that does not work let me know.

The reason this option is toggled is because some cards cause havoc via the SMBUS when they send their SPD info. For such cards interrupt 19 capture needs to be disabled.

-Raja

Okay here goes. Apprently some of these cards need Interrupt 19 Capture enabled in UEFI. Build 1701 onwards supports this function. You may need to update to that build, enable it and then insert the card. If that does not work let me know.

The reason this option is toggled is because some cards cause havoc via the SMBUS when they send their SPD info. For such cards interrupt 19 capture needs to be disabled.

-Raja

Nope I still get the same issue.

The recommended BIOS Build 1701 & I got a reply from the other ASUS support person. He sent me BIOS 1802 through his direct ASUS email. I haven't gotten a response back but that BIOS didn't work either (tried Interrupt 19 enabled/disabled with default & configured BIOS settings)

Provide me with all card details - including firmware and any revision number. IF HQ have one I'll ask them to replicate. Not much else I can do from here.

Raja,

This motherboard functions properly with 2 Raid1 setups; however, there is definitely a problem wherein the 2 PCIe 3.0/2.0 slots in the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX are not properly recognizing somewhat older video cards. I have a GTX 9800 which, no matter what I attempt to do, will not properly recognize the correct monitors when using it in a dual monitor setup. The Dell Ultra Sync U2410 and the Samsung Syncmaster, both 24" montors, are incorrectly recognized. The Dell is called the Samsung no matter whether the cables are reversed in the video card jacks. This is seems to be a problem unique to these 2 slots and, unfortunately the only PCIe 2.0 slot is all the way at the bottom of the board and is unusable for a large video card. Are there any updates to the Asus Software that can remedy this?

In order for the video to function properly wherein the left hand monitor has the active windows display I have to disable the second monitor. The video card is functional and works with these 2 monitors using my older Asus P6T mb.

Hey guys, am new here. :D

By the way, I bump into some issues with my current P8Z77-V LK mobo that just setup few days ago.

Here's my problem, I can't seem to have both iGPU and discrete GPU to be turn on at the same time in order to enable lucid virtu mode under bios.

Whenever I have both the GPUs on + vitru mode enable under bois, my rigs just stuck at a black screen. Weird thing is, there's VGA signal sent to my LCD but there's nothing show up on the screen. Only way to get rid of the black is to do a reset. Sometimes, it happens upon a restart made via windows.

But issues gone when I turn off the iGPU and vitru mode. Anyone having this issue like mine? And how do you get rid of it?

My system as below:

- P8Z77-V LK /w Bios 1001
- Intel 2600k
- 2x 4GB 1600mhz avexir core series DDR3
- Gigabyte GTX460 OC
- Seasonic 620w m12ii

Raja,

This motherboard functions properly with 2 Raid1 setups; however, there is definitely a problem wherein the 2 PCIe 3.0/2.0 slots in the Maximus V Formula/ThunderFX are not properly recognizing somewhat older video cards. I have a GTX 9800 which, no matter what I attempt to do, will not properly recognize the correct monitors when using it in a dual monitor setup. The Dell Ultra Sync U2410 and the Samsung Syncmaster, both 24" montors, are incorrectly recognized. The Dell is called the Samsung no matter whether the cables are reversed in the video card jacks. This is seems to be a problem unique to these 2 slots and, unfortunately the only PCIe 2.0 slot is all the way at the bottom of the board and is unusable for a large video card. Are there any updates to the Asus Software that can remedy this?

In order for the video to function properly wherein the left hand monitor has the active windows display I have to disable the second monitor. The video card is functional and works with these 2 monitors using my older Asus P6T mb.

No updates I know of and it sounds like a driver issue rather than a hardware/ASUS problem. Whether you use a PCIe 3.0 or 2.0 slot does not matter really, as the tech is backward compliant. You can try posting on ROG forums as well to see if anyone else has your issue - good luck asking NVIDIA for a driver update for that GPU if one is required.

-Raja

Last edited:
I appreciate any help .

I have the Deluxe with i7+16GB ram.....and 680GTX with creative ZXR.
All was perfect , until I got a new 680 for sli, and had to change the place of the creative zxr from pciexp1_3 to PCIex1 blue1_1 (the other remaining PCIE1 blue remaing is between the sli cards)
SO now @ random power on just befor the UEFI or the boot logo appears an irritating hiss like sound comes from the speakers connected to the ZXR, and when windows load, I can only see (in the device manager)sound blaster audio controller +sound blaster zxr dbpro , what is missing is the "sound blaster zxr" that used to show when there is no hiss .
I changed the place of the ZXR to the PCIe1_3 between the sli cards, and after many attempts no hiss came, even tried the PCIe16_3 (the black one)and the his came back .
The only fix was to place the card between the sli card which gave me 7 degrees increase in temp in the GPU1.
I removed the 2nd 680gtx card and kept one and tested to see if the problem was from the sli, and the problem stayed, so I concluded that my ZXR only liked the PCIE1_3! any logic?
ASUS+Deluxe+Top.jpg

2013-06-06_105942.jpg

Last edited:
Could be PSU noise via 12V/3.3V from PEG slots. Depends on the PSU, and how Creative engineered that card to decouple any noise from the PEG slots power inputs.

Have you tried changing bitrates as well to see if that has an impact on noise levels? If it lessens at lower bitrates (sounds counter-intuitive I know), I would lean towards a thermal issue. However, as you've stated the card prefers to be sandwiched between the GPUs, that is unlikely...

Last edited:
Could be PSU noise via 12V/3.3V from PEG slots. Depends on the PSU, and how Creative engineered that card to decouple any noise from the PEG slots power inputs.

Have you tried changing bitrates as well to see if that has an impact on noise levels? If it lessens at lower bitrates (sounds counter-intuitive I know), I would lean towards a thermal issue. However, as you've stated the card prefers to be sandwiched between the GPUs, that is unlikely...

Thank you for the reply, the card is not working when the hiss Starts.
This his is not"Sound/os/bit-rate related" as I mentioned the hiss starts just before the boot screen, and I have a corsair AX850 .
The problem is strange, when the Hiss/static sound starts the Sound blaster ZXR is not in the devise manager as with the above picture only Audio controller and dbpro are there.
So I can not chose the card as a default player as its not being "fully detected" hence no sound will be played except the hiss/static like sound.
The card will work without the hiss sound sometimes and sometimes not! in the PCIEX_1.
The only position where this issue is absent is between the GPU cards in PCIEX_3...I know this makes no sense but I tried every imaginable scenario, and yesterday updated to bios 2003, thinking maybe ....unfortunately, nope!
I left the PC off for 6 hours and then turned it on and the hiss is still there , so the thermal issue is not the case.
The only other fix , if there is hiss, is to turn it off and on again and the hiss is gone??!!

Last edited:
For anybody unable to turn off the blue led of the wifi+Bluetooth, the fix is here.
Turn on Bluetooth+wifi in bios setting, restart turn it off again but this time , cut the electricity completely from the PC , then restart and voila its gone.
The light will come back only after a bios reset/update.

Last edited:
Thank you for the reply, the card is not working when the hiss Starts.
This his is not"Sound/os/bit-rate related" as I mentioned the hiss starts just before the boot screen, and I have a corsair AX850 .
The problem is strange, when the Hiss/static sound starts the Sound blaster ZXR is not in the devise manager as with the above picture only Audio controller and dbpro are there.
So I can not chose the card as a default player as its not being "fully detected" hence no sound will be played except the hiss/static like sound.
The card will work without the hiss sound sometimes and sometimes not! in the PCIEX_1.
The only position where this issue is absent is between the GPU cards in PCIEX_3...I know this makes no sense but I tried every imaginable scenario, and yesterday updated to bios 2003, thinking maybe ....unfortunately, nope!
I left the PC off for 6 hours and then turned it on and the hiss is still there , so the thermal issue is not the case.
The only other fix , if there is hiss, is to turn it off and on again and the hiss is gone??!!

Update UEFI to latest. Try running only 1 memory module and see if it still happens. Try removing one GPU and see if that has any impact on it as well (try all slots).

-Raja

Update UEFI to latest. Try running only 1 memory module and see if it still happens. Try removing one GPU and see if that has any impact on it as well (try all slots).

-Raja
I already updated to the latest 2003, already changed the position of the GPU single or double, still only PCIEX1_4 and PCIEX1_3 are the only slots without the problem.
I will remove one module as I have 2X8gb.

edit: I removed and changed the position of the single or double ram, still......

Last edited:
JCNiest5,

Would appreciate hearing of any problems you encounter over the next few days so that I can avoid installing a defective update. Or, for that matter, from anyone who has installed this update.

Thanks very much,

FYI: Maximus V Formula has a new BIOS 1802. Running on it now. Seems fine so far.

I already updated to the latest 2003, already changed the position of the GPU single or double, still only PCIEX1_4 and PCIEX1_3 are the only slots without the problem.
I will remove one module as I have 2X8gb.

edit: I removed and changed the position of the single or double ram, still......

What happens with NO GPU and IGP only?

If you are based outside USA I suggest contacting your local ASUS Support and submitting a support case as well.

After removing all the contacted drives and all the GPUs, the hiss is still there, strangely after enabling the PCIEX1_2 (which in auto mode will stopped due to sharing resources with marvel 6G), the card is not working at all and being reported as unknown audio controller!

JCNiest5,

Would appreciate hearing of any problems you encounter over the next few days so that I can avoid installing a defective update. Or, for that matter, from anyone who has installed this update.

Thanks very much,

Working fine so far. Did a CPU Level Up to 4.6Ghz and PC's been running fine since, so I think it's good to go.

There is power to the ports by default. Not sure if that device will work though cos I have not tested it.

The receiver supports it, at least that's what the specification says. Unfortunately I don't have the original remote for the device, so I can not let my new universal remote learn the command.

Thank you for the reply, now I know what to look for.

Last edited:
i'm having problems with registration on the rog board so i'll just post in this thread

I am in the initial stages of setting up my recently acquired maximus V gene motherboard *win 7 x64 plus drivers already installed*. So far I am using the mini pcie combo adapter with a msata drive plugged in as a boot device and it works fine just on its own. However I tried plugging in my Rocketraid 2310 adapter into the x4 slot, plugged in my drives *just data drives, no os files* and the system would not boot into windows. It showed up as a boot option but I kept the msata drive as the default boot device. It will just hang after posting with just a black screen and a blinking cursor that looks like its waiting for something. After unplugging the card I had to clear the cmos *thank god for that button lol* The raid adapter set as JBOD is not asus but i was wondering if you've heard of that issue before.

Last edited:
Hey Royce,

Can you try a different slot and see if that still happens?

Also, which UEFI version are you using?

-Raja

ok i made another derp move lol

like a tard i didn't do any installation process....assuming it would work without any configuration like my 680i board

anyways i updated my bios to the latest just in case then plugged in the card by itself and booted into windows after disabling all other boot devices, assuming it was a scsi card windows couldn't find a driver but i was able to use one from the highpoint website...plugged in my drives and presto they now all work yay!

sorry for wasting your time raja :(

btw is it possible to reregister this board as i bought it from someone off ebay...it said it was already registered when i tried the website

I see P8Z77-V PRO BIOS 2003 is out. Nebulous description for Number 1: "Optimize BIOS configuration"
and, 2.Add multiple languages support in BIOS setup.

I'll install it but didn't know exactly what that meant.

@PerfectCr

Yeah, let us know how it goes, plus what vers are you coming from and what method you use to flash.

@PerfectCr

Yeah, let us know how it goes, plus what vers are you coming from and what method you use to flash.

Was on 1908, now 2003. I just threw the file on a USB stick and updated from the EZ Utility from within the BIOS. Went perfectly. Loaded up the BIOS after update, loaded Optimzied Defaults, switched to X.M.P. mode (to get RAM to the right speeds), rebooted and all is well!

M5F 1803 BIOS is out. Fixed Onboard and Discrete GPU incompatibility or something. Oops, just checked again and it's GONE! Did they just take it off? I hope I wasn't too quick to flash mine. If they have taken it off because of a problem, I'm doomed. So far it flashed with no problem. Running it now...

Was on 1908, now 2003. I just threw the file on a USB stick and updated from the EZ Utility from within the BIOS. Went perfectly. Loaded up the BIOS after update, loaded Optimzied Defaults, switched to X.M.P. mode (to get RAM to the right speeds), rebooted and all is well!

All that means is there was no issue with your 1908 flash, since 2003 has no ME upgrade. Same with me, was just a normal nothing special deal. I didnt even do a CMOS reset.
Might mention I saw something right off the bat was dif - a new "USB Support" option on the boot page.
Default is disabled.

I think if you read the actions of the 3 possibilities avail, you will notice that left in disabled this could be a gigantic problem!!
WTF!
wNwI7sS.jpg

M5F 1803 BIOS is out. Fixed Onboard and Discrete GPU incompatibility or something. Oops, just checked again and it's GONE! Did they just take it off? I hope I wasn't too quick to flash mine. If they have taken it off because of a problem, I'm doomed. So far it flashed with no problem. Running it now...

I just downloaded it fine from website
http://support.asus.com/download.as...IMUS V FORMULA&os=8&hashedid=ln071vPJS6LGMN2f

Looks like 1802 had an issue and 1803 was put out 12 days later

http://vip.asus.com/forum/topic.aspx?board_id=1&model=MAXIMUS+V+FORMULA&SLanguage=en-us

Unless the fix screwed up something else

Can we expect the intel SATA OPROM to be updated at some from 11.5.0.1582 on the z77-v pro to something newer?

Might mention I saw something right off the bat was dif - a new "USB Support" option on the boot page.
Default is disabled.

I think if you read the actions of the 3 possibilities avail, you will notice that left in disabled this could be a gigantic problem!!
WTF!
wNwI7sS.jpg
I've always had that option. I haven't checked in the latest BIOS releases but early on it was in there.

I have a question for P8z77-v users, though, what do you do about protecting your CPU from GPU heat? There's barely an inch of space between my cooler's fins and my 660ti. Are you using a different slot?

Back