Asus z390 ITX build for 9700/9900 ?

Dahkoht

Limp Gawd
Available from Amazon in Oct 10th , really like the smaller form factor

Just wondering if anyone has built an OC gaming rig with itx form factor , I won’t use more than the one PCI slot for video card as it’ll be an external USB sound card anyway

You should probably just look into the DanCase A4, Ncase M1 and Sentry threads for ideas about who's done what in ITX builds. As per my sig, I run a simple 4.2ghz quad core setup with a 1070 in an ITX Ncase M1.

There's also the other end where someone has a X299 Asrock ITX board with a 16core monster and Titan card...

So yes, easily doable, just be smart about airflow where applicable, and component choices.

What case are you looking at buying?

I built 8700k with Titan X (so 1080ti basically) in a pair of Core V1 cases, did some earlier 115x i7s + beefy gpus as well.

It can handle any normal 2 slot gpu (extra fat or tall versions vary, mostly about how stupid oversize they are and where power connectors sit) and a "triple fan" U9S combo on cpu which cools quite well (92 intake 2x80 SBS outtake, 200mm feeds case) also no SFX bullshit, you can keep your normal powersupplies. Can also go with some AIO replacing the 200mm, and it will fit a few specific 120mm tower coolers like cryorig, the true heatsink height is the main limiter.

Anyone done this? Wonder what case and cooler they're using. For now I stuck on my ancient AXP cooler and called it a day.

Back