ASUS Z170 Premium VCCSA voltage too high?

A few weeks ago, I finally enabled XMP on my old Z10 Premium board from ASUS. Looking at the voltages, though, I'm a bit concerned about the value of VCCSA. It's supposed to be at 0.92v stock, with a 1.3v max, and preferably not above 1.15, if I understood things correctly. Mine is at 1.216v, though, which feels very high to me. Besides, isn't VCCSA (aka 'System Agent' voltage) connected to the PCI-Express slots too?!

All-in-all, I'm a mite annoyed at ASUS' tendency to use voltages that are consistently too high (unless I misunderstood, and it really needs to be 1.216v, but I doubt it). It's simple 1060Mhz memory, going to 1333Mhz on XMP: nothing extreme here.

Last edited:
Just set it manually. It's what most people do when enabling XMP due to motherboards defaulting to high voltages to account for weak memory controllers. I have my vccsa at 1.15 and vccio at 1.060 and have never experienced a crash or instability.

Just set it manually. It's what most people do when enabling XMP due to motherboards defaulting to high voltages to account for weak memory controllers. I have my vccsa at 1.15 and vccio at 1.060 and have never experienced a crash or instability.

Indeed, I wound up just setting those voltages manually. :)

Back