Asus z-97 Anti surge protection issue.

vegeta535

[H]F Junkie
So recently I been getting random shut downs on my PC. When it boots up I guess a message saying Asus anti surge protection has detected a over-volt. It randomly happens. It happens in middle of a game, sitting idle or just browsing the web. I have a surge protector connected to my comp and been read that the Asus Anti-surge is just very sensitive and safe to just disable. Should I try just disabling it?

Asus z97-A
Corsair 750 TX PS
GIGABYTE GeForce GTX 1080 G1 Gaming

as above said, try another PSU, Asus Anti-Surge protection have never failed to me pointing to a bad PSU, all my three Failed PSUs starting giving the Anti-surge support error, my last one was a Cooler master Silent PRO M2 720W with the micro that regulate the modular outputs damaged. lot of people doesn't trust in the Asus Anti-surge protection, however in my case it have always worked as it should.

I figured as much. Might of been why my old mother board which didn't have this feature just up and died one day. I didn't have a issue til past month tho.

Edit
Damn just looked up when I brought the power supply to see about possible RMA and it is almost 8 years old. Yeah think it is time for a new PSU. I got it with my old i7 920 system.

Last edited:
Back