ASUS X99 Motherboard Series - Official Support Thread

Hi, I bought a Nexus 5X and I cannot connect it to my X99 Deluxe since I don't have USB TypeC connector on the motherboard.

For this reason I would like to buy and adapter to get type C on my mobo.
I have two EVGA GTX980 Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ and a 5930K 40 lanes CPU.

I installed the GPUs as suggested from Asus, first slot and fourth slot.
Where should I put this?

On what slot should I put it?
Can I put it between the two cards or it will ruin the airflow?
I have a Samsung 950 PRO installed in M.2 slot, will I have problems?

Hello everybody,

I've been experiencing a very strange problem for few weeks now, and didn't manage to find any solution. To be as clear a possible, I would say that when I launch a game (namely GTA 5), my 5960X (on X99 Deluxe) runs perfectly at 3GHz for few minutes, and then, I don't know why, switch to 1.2GHz and never come back to 3GHz again. As you can imagine, the consequence is instantly visible : framrate drops from 60fps to 20-25fps, and the 290 GPU is no longer able to be 100% used...

I don't have any way to make it go back to 3GHz except to reboot the computer... (even with OCCT, the CPU doest go upper than 1.2GHz). I checked a lot of things : this does not seems to be linked to temperatures (as they never exceed 55° when the problem happens...), I tried to disable the boost thing in my BIOS, I also tried to disable speedstep and even C-step states, same results, it starts at its native frequency and then drops to 1.2Ghz and never go back again... Also tested another PSU when having a Q-Code 00 (after rebooting to recover the original frequency...), it didn't fix it, so I guess the PSU is not concerned by the frequency drop neither...

After that 1.2 Ghz stuck, when I the computer, the boot is hard to get : lot of blackscreens at boot (Q-CODE 00 = Not used !), sometime several times until it decides to boot again. More even strange : I don't think I had this problem previously (I think I would have noticed this horrible frame drop before, and same when I used OCCT to test a bit OC...), this started few ways ago, after some weeks of unactivity, so I cannot remember when excalty it happened and why (if there is a reason linked to me...)

I'm quite frustrated and I really have NO IDEA what to test and what it is about. I'm pretty sure this 1.2GHz thing is a kind of security thing (because it is always 1.2GHz, this is not random !), and someone who really knows how those MB and CPU work can understand what's going on, I guess... If any of you have some suggestions, I would be glad to read it...

Thanks !
Hi everybody,

For information, if in case someone face the same problem than mine : the MB was barely dead... it died few days ago, with a 00 Q-Code ; changed, and everything is perfect now.

Really strange behavior for a dead MB I must say.

Case closed !

Hi, I bought a Nexus 5X and I cannot connect it to my X99 Deluxe since I don't have USB TypeC connector on the motherboard.

For this reason I would like to buy and adapter to get type C on my mobo.
I have two EVGA GTX980 Ti SC+ ACX 2.0+ and a 5930K 40 lanes CPU.

I installed the GPUs as suggested from Asus, first slot and fourth slot.
Where should I put this?

On what slot should I put it?
Can I put it between the two cards or it will ruin the airflow?
I have a Samsung 950 PRO installed in M.2 slot, will I have problems?

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0..._m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1JAVF5TXGDWS2VK5Y0YC

Much easier solution than getting a card for 1 device.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
This message is for Raja. I am currently on my 3rd 5930k. The first one died with a A0 code. No boot fans spins , motherboard lights up then A0. I searched web for this nonexistent code and found out that it was the cpu. I called Intel warranty replacement and talked with technical service rep. I gave him all my specs.He sent out a replacement cpu.I installed the new cpu and everything booted up fine.

Three weeks later and my computer would not boot . This time the error was 00. Again I searched the web for this nonexistent code. Found out it was the cpu for the 2nd time. I called Intel warranty replacement, talked with a different technical support rep.this time and gave him all my specs.He told the 5930k was rated for 2166mhz for the cpu. I was running the cpu at 3200mhz and it was burning out the cpu. I have never heard of this being a problem before.

Raja I have the latest bios 2001. Overclocked to 4600mhz 1.36v Idle temp 39 degrees. Temp never goes above 55 degrees under stress. Raja there something wrong with my motherboard or is it true that I can not run GSkill 3200mhz at it rated speed without burning out the cpu? All Specs are in my sig.

This message is for Raja. I am currently on my 3rd 5930k. The first one died with a A0 code. No boot fans spins , motherboard lights up then A0. I searched web for this nonexistent code and found out that it was the cpu. I called Intel warranty replacement and talked with technical service rep. I gave him all my specs.He sent out a replacement cpu.I installed the new cpu and everything booted up fine.

Three weeks later and my computer would not boot . This time the error was 00. Again I searched the web for this nonexistent code. Found out it was the cpu for the 2nd time. I called Intel warranty replacement, talked with a different technical support rep.this time and gave him all my specs.He told the 5930k was rated for 2166mhz for the cpu. I was running the cpu at 3200mhz and it was burning out the cpu. I have never heard of this being a problem before.

Raja I have the latest bios 2001. Overclocked to 4600mhz 1.36v Idle temp 39 degrees. Temp never goes above 55 degrees under stress. Raja there something wrong with my motherboard or is it true that I can not run GSkill 3200mhz at it rated speed without burning out the cpu? All Specs are in my sig.

are you using power viruses at 1.36V?

I have the cpu voltage set to 1.34v in bios but when checking the voltage in AI Suite 3 it says it is at 1.36v. I use the AI suite 3 for checking voltages and tuning fans. I have no profiles for cpu settings.

I also have Intel R Extreme Tuning Utility. I checked the cpu voltage in the utility and the cpu voltage is 1.3496v. I only overclock using bios. The 2 utilities are for checking cpu power, ratio, ram speed. The ram speed is now 2133mhz. Should I remove 1 or both of the programs? Could this be where the problem lies?

I have the cpu voltage set to 1.34v in bios but when checking the voltage in AI Suite 3 it says it is at 1.36v. I use the AI suite 3 for checking voltages and tuning fans. I have no profiles for cpu settings.

I also have Intel R Extreme Tuning Utility. I checked the cpu voltage in the utility and the cpu voltage is 1.3496v. I only overclock using bios. The 2 utilities are for checking cpu power, ratio, ram speed. The ram speed is now 2133mhz. Should I remove 1 or both of the programs? Could this be where the problem lies?

absolutely not, vcore readings does not mean a lot.
most people says that LLC does not influence vcore on haswell-e but on my X99 Deluxe LLC >=7 increase vcore by 0.02V

how you set LLC in bios?

In any case this is not the reason why you lost two CPUs.

So I am trying to setup Raid 1 with 2 drives and still use my 950 pro. I changed the SATA settings to Raid and made sure M.2 was selected in the Bios as well.

When I do not have the Raid 1 drives connected my machine boots up fine, but when I connect the Raided drives then my machine does not boot.

Does anyone else have this problem?

is there someone who knows if this card works on Asus mobos?

I heard from a forum user that when this card is mounted on an asus mobo, system does not boot, quite strange since the controller used is standard.
Is there someone who tried it?

@Raja (Happy new year!),

Do you have the ability to answer when perhaps a new BIOS update for the X99-E WS USB3.1 will be available (and likely X99-E WS, since they are so similar). I am hoping some progress on XMP profiles and DDR4 general compatibility support can be made? When you finally get some compatible modules it's great. But this has been one of the pickiest boards I have owned and the QVL is now 8 months old for non-ecc DDR4.

And what's with certifying Corsair ram for specific revisions (5.29 hynix vs 4.2x samsung)? It's impossible to know what you get until you buy it and open it. (this has been a pain in the ass, this part)

Hi all,

Could use help with a new X99 build.

I want to boot to the M.2 and have a 4Tb RAID-0 for storage/games/etc but the BIOS wont let me. Grrrr
I loose my M.2 if I choose to have a hardware RAID. Is that for real?

How can I have my cake and eat it too?

Thank you much, to anyone who can help!

Asus X99 Pro usb 3.1 Mobo
Samsung 950 pro M.2
2x WD 2tb SATA

I finally figured it out!!!
I have to use SATA ports 1&2 only for the hardware RAID.

Whoot !!!!!! Back in business.

I finally figured it out!!!
I have to use SATA ports 1&2 only for the hardware RAID.

Whoot !!!!!! Back in business.

Just to throw this out there, the integrated chipset RAID isn't an actual full hardware RAID implementation. It's managed by an option ROM the same as it is on a true hardware controller, but that's it. Aside from that it's all done in drivers with very little hardware aiding the process besides your CPU, RAM etc.

Google the term "fakeRAID" and you'll see what I mean.

Does anyone know if the ASUS X99 boards will receive a BIOS update to add support for the upcoming Broadwell-E CPU series?

The reason why I bought an X99 board was because Intel guaranteed that Broadwell-E will work on X99 chipsets but now I realize that really depends on the actual manufacturers releasing BIOS updates to the actual sold boards to support the new CPUs. Are there plans for ASUS to do this for their X99 boards? Can someone confirm that?

Thanks!

Does anyone know if the ASUS X99 boards will receive a BIOS update to add support for the upcoming Broadwell-E CPU series?

The reason why I bought an X99 board was because Intel guaranteed that Broadwell-E will work on X99 chipsets but now I realize that really depends on the actual manufacturers releasing BIOS updates to the actual sold boards to support the new CPUs. Are there plans for ASUS to do this for their X99 boards? Can someone confirm that?

Thanks!
Pretty much all mfg did release BIOSes for Ivy Bridge-E support on their X79 boards (launched with Sandy Bridge-E) so there's no reason why they wouldn't do the same for X99.

Thanks, I didn't know that little piece of PC history, I feel less worried for now :)

Raja@ASUS you still alive? :)

Any word on the X99-E WS / USB 3.1, has it been discontinued? Lot's of speculation around it in the OCN threads.

Suggestions for installation of Samsung 950 Pro M.2?? My X99-based build has been rock solid for a year even with a Windows 10 upgrade without a fresh install. I would like to install the 950 Pro M.2 for the OS and programs since I still have 4 lanes unused and it should speed things up a bit -- I have read dozens of postings on various forums regarding problems with what seems like a simple install. With the latest BIOS, which driver should be used -- the one that I believe to be in the 950 Pro (cannot find anywhere to download one from Samsung) OR use the resident driver in Windows? Any other suggestions other than the usual settings in the UEFI?

Will a Sabertooth X99 USB3.1 flashed to the current BIOS support 128GB of ram? The Asus site says the board will support it, but the Intel website for the 5930k says it only supports 64GB.

Pardon a seriously stupid question -- have been out of the loop in computer building for some time -- look at my sig line and notice the CPU (water cooled) -- have the base clock set at 100, the multiplier set at 42 for a 4.2 GHz overclock.

When first booting up, it runs at that speed for about 15 minutes and then drops down to a multiplier of 12 and with a base clock of 100, a resulting speed of 1.2 GHz -- even when running Photoshop, Capture One Pro, Word, and everything else I can throw at it. It DOES vary and occasionally might reach 3.5 GHz briefly but seems to idle at 1.2 GHz.

FWIW, Core Voltage at 4.2 GHz is 1.26, but idling at 1.2 GHz, it is only 0.8x volts

While at 4.2 GHz, temperature never gets above 41

Why am I only getting a regular speed of 1.2 GHz instead of at least a default of 3.0 GHz and 3.5 GHz turbo? (Otherwise, it is rock solid)

Thanks for any help

Pardon a seriously stupid question -- have been out of the loop in computer building for some time -- look at my sig line and notice the CPU (water cooled) -- have the base clock set at 100, the multiplier set at 42 for a 4.2 GHz overclock.

When first booting up, it runs at that speed for about 15 minutes and then drops down to a multiplier of 12 and with a base clock of 100, a resulting speed of 1.2 GHz -- even when running Photoshop, Capture One Pro, Word, and everything else I can throw at it. It DOES vary and occasionally might reach 3.5 GHz briefly but seems to idle at 1.2 GHz.

FWIW, Core Voltage at 4.2 GHz is 1.26, but idling at 1.2 GHz, it is only 0.8x volts

While at 4.2 GHz, temperature never gets above 41

Why am I only getting a regular speed of 1.2 GHz instead of at least a default of 3.0 GHz and 3.5 GHz turbo? (Otherwise, it is rock solid)

Thanks for any help

Your processor is doing what it was designed to do, it is reducing the speed and voltage when the system is idling or lightly loaded. Run Prime95 or any application that will load the processor and the cores will ramp up automatically to their turbo rated speeds.

Seems that the ASUS site is linking the latest BIOS upate 3201 for the WS-E USB 3.1 to the standard WS boards BIOS (non usb 3.1). Seems to be causing issues for users.

Okay been running a 5820K and Asus X99A/3.1 setup for a couple of months now. On the whole I love it. 3101 BIOS, Corsair R650x PSU, Corsair DDR4 3000 ram. It's OC'd to 4GHz even though mine can go higher. I like round numbers on my CPUs.

Just a couple of issues.

1. From cold, 2 boots in every 10 just go to a black screen with a non flashing cursor in the top left of the screen. I simply press the power button twice and it then boots up fine. I'm wondering if its going into too lower power state? I don't use hibernate or sleep. My rigs run either on or off. Anything I can adjust in the BIOS to fix this?

2. My ASMedia 3.1 controller/ports vanish and reappear at random. I can boot some days and they are not in the Device Manager list then the next day they are. Have tried updating and restoring the drivers. Doesnt seem to make any difference. I have run the 3.1 firmware update but it says its up to date. There is a new BIOS as of yesterday I note from above.

Other than that the machine is great. No lockups, crashes etc. Just the sticky boot on occasion and the magical 3.1 ports.

Any suggestions?

Check Station-Drivers - NEWS (with an ad blocker) to see if you have the newest ASMedia 3.1 firmware. Sometimes newer F/W comes from OEMs rather than the manufacturer & gets released on that site. I use it all of the time to keep all of my systems up-to-date.

On another note, I applaud ASUS for making the ROG STRIX X99 GAMING mobo a lot more stable after I updated the BIOS from 0401 to 0801. It was extremely unstable after changing settings within UEFI once I installed it for the first time. Now its super smooth & I can tinker to my heart's content. It even works with my RAM's XMP settings which my previous mobo (MSI X99S Gaming 9 ACK) couldn't do at all.

Here's to hoping this one lasts me until my next major upgrade.

Hi All,

I am in need of some help on a build I've been putting together. I'm 100% stable when running 5 GPUs in the system. When I add a 6th GPU, the system hangs on Q code 95. I've rotated slots, rotated riser cards, cables, verified GPUs all work, etc. Based on the error code 95, it seems like an IRQ assignment issue is causing a problem/conflict? I've also tried to force the PCI slots to 1x in the BIOS but that makes no difference and produces the same error. Tried to disable unused components such as Raid to free up resources, same result.

I'm at a loss here and hope that you can offer some additional pointers..

System Specs:
Asus X99-E WS/USB 3.1
Intel® Xeon E5-2620 v3 (not overclocked)
G.SKILL Ripjaws V Series (8 x 16GB)
EVGA GTX 1080s Founders Edition (7 total, after 5 the error occurs on boot)
Corsair AX1500i (x2, splitting power across all GPUs).

Q code logs:
RESET
0CBA:FF
0CB7:01
0CBB:02
0CBC:01
0CB6:01
0CBF:FF
0CFF:01
0C33:FF
0C32:FF
0C4F:FF
0C6F:01
0C60:FF
0C61:FF
0C9A:FF
0C78:FF
0C68:FF
0C70:FF
0C79:FF
0C03:FF
0C90:06
0C91:FF
0C94:29
0C95:--
RESET

I have serious problems with two new workstations I set up based on the ASUS X99-E WS USB 3.1 with Intel Xeon E5 v4 CPUs and I'm really out of ideas whats wrong here.

The setup:

ASUS X99-E WS USB 3.1, latest BIOS v3201
Intel Xeon E5 2687W v4
Samsung DDR4 regECC 16GB (M393A2K40BB1-CRC) x4 64GB total
Nvidia Quadro M5000
Intel 750 PCIe 1.2TB
Seasonic Platinum 1200W

When I finished the first build I ran a few tests to confirm everything is working:

HCI Memtest Pro - 500% passed
ASUS Realbench - 4 hours passed
SPECviewperf 12.1 - full run passed

A day later I suddenly got display driver crashes with the Quadro card and random reboots when heavy graphics tasks were running, like Unigine Heaven. The Quadro card has been running in a different system and is healthy.

My first thought was a PSU problem so I tried a different one, a Corsair AX1500i from my gaming PC, with the same result. I also installed one of my GTX1080 cards and that one also suffered of random crashes.

Shortly after these events I got complete lockups and bluescreens: WHEA_UNCORRECTABLE_ERROR.

I have never seen that kind of bluescreen with a Xeon CPU, my only conclusion here was the motherboard must be defect.

The Xeon CPU and the X99-E WS 3.1 were send in for RMA and I was told the CPU has been tested and is healthy, the board is still being processed.

Now to build #2, identical parts:

With that one I didn't even get to run stability tests.

During installation of Windows 10 I got a bluescreen: CRITICAL_PROCESS_DIED. After rebooting the Intel 750 SSD was no longer recognized by the BIOS. I tried different PCIe slots and a different 750 SSD without any luck, this board would no longer detect the Intel 750 SSD. The GPU in slot 1 worked fine.

After a lot of power on/off cycles the SSD was eventually detected again in PCIe slot 3. I managed to finish another Windows 10 installation and had the system up and running for a few hours before the same problem happened again, bluescreen and the SSD was gone. Note: Both Intel 750 SSDs work perfect in my gaming PC (X99, 5960X, RVE).

And as if this wasn't enough the board also started to say there are SMART errors with my connected SATA HDD, a Seagate Enterprise Capacity v4 6TB. There are no SMART errors, the HDD is healthy. Conclusion: Both PCIe slots and SATA slots defect, or are they?

I'm out of ideas at this point, is the quality control at ASUS this bad that I bought 2 defect boards?

Or is this a compability problem and Broadwell-EP or Broadwell in general is not working well with first gen X99 boards despite the BIOS update?

The Xeon E5 2687W v4 and the Samsung M393A2K40BB1-CRC memory is on the ASUS QVL list it should be fully supported.

Any help is much appreciated.

Mobo: X99 Sabertooth

Got a sweet deal on a second 980ti STRIX and am using it now to post this. Card works great. The issue is when I try to install it with my other card in the middle PCI-E slot to run in SLI. With a video card in that slot, the motherboard won't post.

Trouble shooting steps taken: Try to run a single card from middle PCI-E Slot - issue persists, and mobo won't boot.

To make things even stranger, when I put a PCI-E x4 sound card in the middle slot (ASUS Sonar), it boots just fine. Its only when using an X16 device (I don't have any X8's to test) that I can't get the system to post.

When trying to boot with a video card in the middle PCI-E slot, led on a system fan will blink, barely when power button is pressed, but no post.

PSU being used: EVGA 1050w Supernova Gold edition. Have a Thermaltake 1200w PSU to test with, issue persists.

Is the middle slot just bad or is there something I'm missing?

Hm, this thread seems kind of dead. No official rep from ASUS anymore?

I'm not even going to waste time by typing out my question then.

Okay been running a 5820K and Asus X99A/3.1 setup for a couple of months now. On the whole I love it. 3101 BIOS, Corsair R650x PSU, Corsair DDR4 3000 ram. It's OC'd to 4GHz even though mine can go higher. I like round numbers on my CPUs.

Just a couple of issues.

1. From cold, 2 boots in every 10 just go to a black screen with a non flashing cursor in the top left of the screen. I simply press the power button twice and it then boots up fine. I'm wondering if its going into too lower power state? I don't use hibernate or sleep. My rigs run either on or off. Anything I can adjust in the BIOS to fix this?

2. My ASMedia 3.1 controller/ports vanish and reappear at random. I can boot some days and they are not in the Device Manager list then the next day they are. Have tried updating and restoring the drivers. Doesnt seem to make any difference. I have run the 3.1 firmware update but it says its up to date. There is a new BIOS as of yesterday I note from above.

Other than that the machine is great. No lockups, crashes etc. Just the sticky boot on occasion and the magical 3.1 ports.

Any suggestions?

Well I've solved one issue and dealt kinda with the other.

The black screen at cold boot was solved with a BIOS update to the latest. I had already upped it when I got the board. But this latest one seems to run with a bit more power. The machine now draws about 15W more at idle than the previous BIOS and not had a black screen boot since.

As for the ASMedia 3.1 controller. Well I went through 2-3 more drover sets and the damn things wouldn't stick, so I just switched them off in the BIOS.

Whether switching off the 3.1 controller also helped the black screen boots...who knows.

Hi all,

Ive got a strange problem, and think that my 99 deluxe original version had gone to hardware heaven. It's been running beautifully for years, however when I got back from work yesterday it is now completely dead, with the exception of the power and reset switches on the motherboard. No Post code LED is visible and PC doesnt power up. What is strange is the Chipset seems to be getting power and is warm. Everything else is dead. No fans spin up, no post codes, nada. I've checked PSU, RAM, GPU are all working in another PC. Also done all the usual troubleshooting steps, cleared CMOS, tried booting only the board, checked all leads etc.

Any ideas?

VERY SLOW BOOT ISSUE (50 sec !)

I have just purchased one used Asus X-99/USB3.1, used i7 5820K, new G.Skill RipJawsV 2*8 DDR4 (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB), Samsung SSD 840 PRO 1TO and the cold boot is extremely slow (20 sec for the post log, and from the splash screen, between 20 or 30 secondes to go to the log screen of Windows 8.1) . Windows seems to work pretty well.

I have try lots of things :

- Clear Bios (CMOS)

- no USB device, hard drive or video card (Gforce 770) pluged

- Bios Flash with the last update

- First boot on UEFI windows 8.1

- All drivers are up to date.

- Fast boot, attempt fast boot, attempt cold boot actived

- Mem test, wait for f1 if error, Dram SPD write, boot from network device ignored/desactived

- Post delay time set on 0 sec

- Init19 tram Response on postponed

- USB support (boot) set on partial initialization or disable

- I have changed DDR4' s frequency (now, it is settled on 2666Mhz)

- I have changed the power supply

- I have switched CPU_OV, EZ_XMP, EPU, TPU

- I have only pluged one DDR4

- Etc.

At the beggining, RAM LED lights continuously (it can occur when i change RAM frequency) . So i have pushed RAM boutuon to solve the issue. At the beggining, in the bios, one of my DDR4 was not recognised.

At the boot, lights sequencing is : CPU RAM CPU RAM CPU RAM VGA, etc.

I have made a video :

I have read this about the RAM et ASUS X99:

As we know, not every single X99 platform is capable for 3200MHz, the higher level X99 Deluxe is capable to use 3200MHz, but with 4GBx4 only. For 8GBx4, the X99 Deluxe is supporting up to 3000MHz only.

And your X99-E WS, we don't think you can use 3200MHz/8GBx4 even the new BIOS released, will recommend you to use 2666MHz for 8GBx4 and 2800MHz/3000MHz for 4GBx4.

Ripjaws V (F4-3200C16Q-32GVKB) hate Asus X99-E WS/USB3.1? - G.SKILL TECH FORUM

Last edited:
VERY SLOW BOOT ISSUE (50 sec !)

I have just purchased one used Asus X-99/USB3.1, used i7 5820K, new G.Skill RipJawsV 2*8 DDR4 (F4-3200C16D-16GVKB), Samsung SSD 840 PRO 1TO and the cold boot is extremely slow (20 sec for the post log, and from the splash screen, between 20 or 30 secondes to go to the log screen of Windows 8.1) . Windows seems to work pretty well.

I have try lots of things :

- Clear Bios (CMOS)

- no USB device, hard drive or video card (Gforce 770) pluged

- Bios Flash with the last update

- First boot on UEFI windows 8.1

- All drivers are up to date.

- Fast boot, attempt fast boot, attempt cold boot actived

- Mem test, wait for f1 if error, Dram SPD write, boot from network device ignored/desactived

- Post delay time set on 0 sec

- Init19 tram Response on postponed

- USB support (boot) set on partial initialization or disable

- I have changed DDR4' s frequency (now, it is settled on 2666Mhz)

- I have changed the power supply

- I have switched CPU_OV, EZ_XMP, EPU, TPU

- I have only pluged one DDR4

- Etc.

At the beggining, RAM LED lights continuously (it can occur when i change RAM frequency) . So i have pushed RAM boutuon to solve the issue. At the beggining, in the bios, one of my DDR4 was not recognised.

At the boot, lights sequencing is : CPU RAM CPU RAM CPU RAM VGA, etc.

I have made a video :

I have read this about the RAM et ASUS X99:

Ripjaws V (F4-3200C16Q-32GVKB) hate Asus X99-E WS/USB3.1? - G.SKILL TECH FORUM

Hmm... What BIOS version do you have - I see 'latest' but what is the number? Also did you try using BIOS defaults (F10) and hard power cycle with minimal hardware (as is no extra drives, USB things, etc.)?

Probably a really stupid question, but it's been nearly 10 years since I built a computer. This is a new build and I have an Asus X99-A II motherboard, i7 6800k cpu, Samsung 950 Pro M2, and 128gb of DDR4 8x16gb at 2666MHz.

Would it be safe to assume I can just go right to 128gb, load windows 10 pro off the bat? Or should I start out with 64gb, update bios and then install the rest of the ram?

Back