Asus X99 Deluxe--for real?

Love the looks. I might go with the deluxe, but I gotta see what the Work Station board looks like first. My P9X79 WS has served me without issue since I got it in 2011.

I have an X79 Rampage IV Formula. One of the nicest boards I've had to date.

This one is nice but the price is pretty outrageous.:eek:

My only fault with it is that it looks like it will only hold 3 gpus unless you slap some water blocks on them. Very nice looking board though.

Must be nice, well the money that is, to run two Nvidia graphics cards in x16 mode you'll need to purchase Core i7 5930K or 5960X to get 40 PCI-E lanes. If you going with the 5820K then your better off going with the Z97 as it only has 28 PCI-E lanes, there's limiting you to a x1 x16 x1 x8 mode, I kinda hate Intel for this move, because I was also going to go the X99 and end up with the Z97 instead, thank god because I wasn't giving Intel that much for a chip Sorry!

PhoneyVirus :cool:

Posted about this on another thread.
If you going with the 5820K then your better off going with the Z97 as it only has 28 PCI-E lanes, there's limiting you to a x1 x16 x1 x8 mode, I kinda hate Intel for this move, because I was also going to go the X99 and end up with the Z97 instead, thank god because I wasn't giving Intel that much for a chip Sorry!

What? 5820k has 28 lanes compared to 16 lanes on z97. Which means, 2-way will run at x16 + x8 and 3-way at x8 + x8 + x8 (will depend on the board, like the deluxe). So no.

If anything, z97 is only useful for single card users. I have no idea why people continue to spread misinformation.

Must be nice, well the money that is, to run two Nvidia graphics cards in x16 mode you'll need to purchase Core i7 5930K or 5960X to get 40 PCI-E lanes. If you going with the 5820K then your better off going with the Z97 as it only has 28 PCI-E lanes, there's limiting you to a x1 x16 x1 x8 mode, I kinda hate Intel for this move, because I was also going to go the X99 and end up with the Z97 instead, thank god because I wasn't giving Intel that much for a chip Sorry!

Nobody is spending $500 on a motherboard to put a 5820K in it.

Raja (asus rep) in the other thread about x99 said that price was not correct. he did not state if it was too high or too low. I'm hoping that's at least $100 over priced. I could see that board at $350, but not higher.

Raja (asus rep) in the other thread about x99 said that price was not correct. he did not state if it was too high or too low. I'm hoping that's at least $100 over priced. I could see that board at $350, but not higher.

i can see this at $350-400 usd at launch, with a maximus rog gamer bro one at $450-500+. i will have one of these though, looks great.

I think i will need video just to see how nice at actually looks.

That could be a white plastic shroud (at the io) and a white sticker (at the south bridge heatsink and upper heatpipe)

I want to see how a moving light source reflects on it.

Personally i like the looks of the x99-e ws

Last edited:
Sharp board.

Annoying that it comes with Wifi though.

Why cripple such a powerful system by having its network connectivity suck? And then you're stuck with included wifi that takes up space, and you paid for but don't need...

I find this recent trand of including on board Wifi really annoying.

I use Wifi on mobile devices only. Everything else gets an ethernet cord!

Pretty sure that I/O panel has not one...but two ethernet ports on it. However, a valid point on it taking up space and probably adding a few bucks to the cost. But when you're in the upper 3's range for a MoBo much less the new RAM standard and the 6 or 8 core CPU...who is really counting the pennies anyway.

Zarathustra[H];1041058255 said:
Sharp board.

Annoying that it comes with Wifi though.

Why cripple such a powerful system by having its network connectivity suck? And then you're stuck with included wifi that takes up space, and you paid for but don't need...

I find this recent trand of including on board Wifi really annoying.

I use Wifi on mobile devices only. Everything else gets an ethernet cord!

I assumed it might be for ("Lan") parties /hotel more portability options.
Maybe wifi is coming a long way, but i would think that the majority of their customers would be smart enough to use lan.

For $50.00 more you might as well go for the Workstation X99 model that can run 16x/16x/16x/16x.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=A7bEPTrZVYU

ASUSX99EWS_Title980.jpg

i still want a board that will three cards with evening spacing: Lane 1 / Lane 4 / Lane 7

to make sure there is decent spacing between double slot GPU's.

This is possible with this WS board correct? Anyone?

Zarathustra[H];1041068902 said:
Well, if all of the slots are 16x, you ought to be able to put them in any slot configuration you want...

So, from the manual, it looks like the grey slots are all electrically x16, black slots are all electrically x8.

Grey slots drop down to 8x if neighboring black slot is used.

Back