Asus X570 Prime: Windows 10 Update says it does not meet Windows 11 requirements

biggles

2[H]4U
I am pretty sure this is a bios/uefi issue. Is there a setting there that needs to be changed in order to meet Windows 11 requirements? Or a bios/uefi update to apply?

Side note, this motherboard has been rock solid. While it lacks advanced features like wifi it has been incredibly stable.

I will try following these directions starting at 2:30 and see if it works. This video said to go into advanced settings, change from discrete TPM to firmware TPM.

yup, do that ^^^^ and then wait a day or so for windows update to recognize that its enabled or use the update tool.

Newer bioses are starting to enable fTPM by default so they will be Win11 compliant.

Update, changed the bios advanced setting to firmware TPM. Windows Update still says that the PC doesn't meet Windows 11 requirements. However, when I ran PC Health Check it says the fine will work with Windows 11. I am going to assume the PC Health Check result is correct and the other is not. Actually, I am not ready to do the upgrade yet anyway, so all of this is just prep for the OS upgrade at some point in the future. It seems wise to let Microsoft work out some bugs before upgrading from WIndows 10.

The latest bios for your motherboard likely has the TPM enabled by default and lists that in the change notes of the bios.

Update, changed the bios advanced setting to firmware TPM. Windows Update still says that the PC doesn't meet Windows 11 requirements. However, when I ran PC Health Check it says the fine will work with Windows 11. I am going to assume the PC Health Check result is correct and the other is not. Actually, I am not ready to do the upgrade yet anyway, so all of this is just prep for the OS upgrade at some point in the future. It seems wise to let Microsoft work out some bugs before upgrading from WIndows 10.
and then wait a day or so for windows update to recognize that its enabled

Back