Asus X570-e wont power on

Redleader

2[H]4U
After finally getting a 5600X I was able to start building my new system. I'm using a Asus X570-E and it will not boot. I built the whole thing, flipped the switch on the PSU and the rgb lights on the motherboard started lighting up. Went to push the power button and nothing, no fans, no beeps, no codes, just dark. I started troubleshooting my disconnecting things and nothing changed. Tried shorting the board thinking it may be the switch and that didn't do it. Pulled everything off including the cpu and plugged just the psu back into the motherboard to see if it would at least boot but nothing still. This is also not my first X570-E as I have a 3700X sitting in one as my Unraid server and it has been running perfect for over a year so I don't think its a build error I did. Is there anything I could try before I ship this thing back to Newegg? Thanks for the help.

I jumped the power supply and it kicked on no problem. I am 100% sure I shorted the right pins on the motherboard. I already own one of these and it works fine.

Reactions: DrDoU
like this
Plug it into the board harder then.
Maybe you just need to really make sure there's a proper connection.

Or are you asking for more power than it can give??

Im using a Corsair RM750x with no cpu or gpu in the motherboard. It cant be drawing too much power. Ive tried a second known working power supply with the same results. Its not the PSU at this point.

Did you flash a BIOS with Zen 3 support? If not, do that.
To accomplish this the board would need to boot correct? Right now Im getting no Q codes, fan spin, ect when pushing the power button or jumping it. The board is getting power because the rgb lights on the board are lighting up. Im not mistaken by thinking the board should do this even without a cpu and ram right?

To accomplish this the board would need to boot correct? Right now Im getting no Q codes, fan spin, ect when pushing the power button or jumping it. The board is getting power because the rgb lights on the board are lighting up. Im not mistaken by thinking the board should do this even without a cpu and ram right?
Only some boards do. Some won't even start if you don't have the battery installed.

you can flash the bios without a cpu in the board on a 570-e.

you can flash the bios without a cpu in the board on a 570-e.
But not if the board doesnt power on Im assuming. Im not seeing any q codes when trying to turn it on. I should be seeing q codes stating missing cpu and ram right?

But not if the board doesnt power on Im assuming. Im not seeing any q codes when trying to turn it on. I should be seeing q codes stating missing cpu and ram right?

No idea what the Q Codes do with an unsupported CPU. I’d definitely try the board out of the case with another power supply though.

You said in your first post that the RGB lights turned on when you turned on the PSU, so you are good to go for BIOS flashing because you do not turn the system on to flash.
This is taken from the Asus 570-E Gaming manual:
1610332153802.png

It will act weird if the CPU isn't supported, but if you plug-in the power the flashback feature should work, unless your motherboard is defective.

After finally getting a 5600X I was able to start building my new system. I'm using a Asus X570-E and it will not boot. I built the whole thing, flipped the switch on the PSU and the rgb lights on the motherboard started lighting up. Went to push the power button and nothing, no fans, no beeps, no codes, just dark. I started troubleshooting my disconnecting things and nothing changed. Tried shorting the board thinking it may be the switch and that didn't do it. Pulled everything off including the cpu and plugged just the psu back into the motherboard to see if it would at least boot but nothing still. This is also not my first X570-E as I have a 3700X sitting in one as my Unraid server and it has been running perfect for over a year so I don't think its a build error I did. Is there anything I could try before I ship this thing back to Newegg? Thanks for the help.
I just built this same setup and was using the Corsair CX650F. My system did not boot either and had the same rgb lite up on the board. I assumed it was bad psu and ordered a 2nd off amazon and it also had the same issue. Then I bought a thermal take tough power gf1 at 850 watts and everything booted up. So not sure what is going on but you might want to try more watts.

I have the same board and CPU. On first boot it powered up and stuck on the ASUS splash screen indefinitely. No response from keyboard. Post codes cycled through and diagnostic lights stuck amber on DRAM and green on boot. After following the usual cmd prompt format for a 32gb usb 3.0 drive with only the renamed bios flash file on the USB, I followed the flashback steps and it flashed properly. My situation seems different than yours but maybe this will help.

Well it was the bios not being updated. I used flashback and it booted right up. Great lesson learned for future builds. Thanks everyone that made that suggestion.

Hey. BIOS flashback worked for me. I had A6 changing to 0d and was stopping on RAM. Flashbacked newest BIOS - worked like charm. ASUS Strix x570 Gaming-E.
Cheers

Back