Asus X570-E vs ROG Crosshair VIII WiFi (or Dark Hero, depending on price)

Digital Viper-X-

[H]F Junkie
Looking at one of those 3 boards now, I do need it to have WiFi, just simplifies life :).

Pairing with a 5900x, is there any reason to go with the Crosshair over the X570-E?

Well the Dark Hero is fanless which is a huge plus. It is also a 2nd generation X570 which is always a plus as they can optimize the board after a year or more of learning where the weaknesses of the design are. It supports adaptive overclocking if you overclock. Has a better sound system. Optimem III vs Optimem 1 which means a much better memory design. Better VRM. More I/O.

It should be just a better board but the X570-E is very good. Noise is a huge deal for me and the Dark Hero will be more quiet so it is likely my choice. It is overkill but I look at it this way: I would expect to get 2 years minimum and probably 3 to 4 on this motherboard. $100 extra over even 2 years is only $4 a month. Worth it to me.

Dark Hero with the all core overclock AND single core boost, which the standard Hero and the Strix E does not have. If you're paying $300 for a board, what's another $100... especially when you're going to run a 5900X, which will benefit from the all core OC and the high single core boost.

Dark Hero with the all core overclock AND single core boost, which the standard Hero and the Strix E does not have. If you're paying $300 for a board, what's another $100... especially when you're going to run a 5900X, which will benefit from the all core OC and the high single core boost.
Dark Hero sounds too good!

Not to high jack the thread but need some advise. My setup right now is on an X570 Aorus Master. Due to the lack of research I did on this forum prior to purchasing it, I found out after building of a potential issue with the board even if it's all good right now. Given that I'm still within the return period, I will be returning it. The question is, what board to replace it with. I was thinking the Crosshair 8 (non wifi) since I was able to get it as a bundle deal with the CPU. I already have the board and I don't have to return it back to Newegg and pay the shipping fee or I can simply wait until Dark Hero is out.

The other alternative is the X570 Meg Ace but I want to try Asus this time around as they seem to mess up less, lol. Budget is around the $350 range but can squeeze a bit more if the end goal is Dark Hero.

Or I can just save $$ and go with the ASUS ROG Strix B550-E

If you dont need the additional OC features, the standard Hero is good enough.

If you dont need the PCIE and stuff, the B550 will be great.

They're generally all the same, all have two temp sensors, rog bios, and similar vrms. The differences are that the crosshairs have vrm sensor monitoring and they have a slightly deeper bios tweaking. I dunno if the extra is worth the cost difference.

Since I'm in a holding pattern for GPU & CPU, I will wait for the Dark hero to drop to see where the cost ends up before deciding :)

Thx all.

I don’t know about going big $ at the end of a socket.
If you are the type of enthusiast that upgrades every release I’d spend less.

If you are pragmatic, and upgrade 3 releases or so I’d get the finest example of whatever component at that time.
Pro users that upgrade yearly I’d also write off the best gear bc making less $ bc of equipment isn’t a thing I’d accept.

The longer I wait, the less I want this board...I think with the effort it took to spend money on the 5000 series CPU, the 3000 series GPU, I'm about spent, ha.

The longer I wait, the less I want this board...I think with the effort it took to spend money on the 5000 series CPU, the 3000 series GPU, I'm about spent, ha.
I'm conflicted about it as well. If the Egg manages to sell it at MSRP then I will get it, $100 more than $300 isn't much of a stretch

I'm conflicted about it as well. If the Egg manages to sell it at MSRP then I will get it, $100 more than $300 isn't much of a stretch
What are your choices if I may ask? I got the X570 Aorus Master after not being able to wait for this Dark Hero any longer. This was of course BEFORE I found the thread here about folks exhibiting issues with the X570 Master, lol. I'm still within the return period but will need to reinstall everything, buy a different board, rebuild, etc.

Back