Asus ws x299 Sage No video

Shadowarez

Gawd
hi guys having a serious issue with these boards not sure how i ended up with 2 Faulty boards one form ebay one brand new! ill list specs of both builds. but the end result has been the same not sure wtf is wrong as these are supposed to be strong competent boards.

System 1
1.asus ws x299 Sage
2.evga 1300w G2 psu
3.32gb DDR4 4x8gb 3200mhz Corsair lpx
4.intel optane 900p 280gb U.2 - pcie adapter
5.nvidia Quadro 6000
6. i5- 7740x - i7 7820 - i9 7900x

1st one would randomly not detect boot drive which was a U.2 intel 900p 280gb optane drive in a Pcie Adpater, worked beautifully for maybe 2-3 months then itd not post every other reboot so i went ahead tried the m.2 adpater same issue would work for a few weeks this time then issue came up then i went ahead got the proper direct cabled from the U.2 port to the ssd. same issue worked for awhile then quit. eventually i said FK it went with a nvme drive instead which worked untill the rig decided it didnt like that and qould quit showing video. i could remote in no prob from other machines.

2nd Board - System
1. New X299 Sage
2.evga 1300w G2 psu
3.32gb DDR4 4x8gb 3200mhz Corsair lpx
4.intel optane 900p 280gb U.2 - Direct Attached Cable
5.nvidia Quadro 6000

this board worked maybe 1 week then the issue reappeared. so i went full Diagnostic mode on this checking changing parts in between tests resetting cmos using the onboard buttons for safe modes, nothing it cant disaplay a video out. iv tests the card in differnt systems no issues on test bench,

other parts if tried on these systems,

Gpus - nvidia 1660 Ti, amd 480 4gb nvidia Titan X nvidia Titan Blac x2
psu's - corsair 750P - evga 1600T2 - Evga 1000 G2 Evga 650,850,1000, G5,
Ram - G.Skill Royal 16gb 8x2 Royal 3200mhz CL14, G.Skill Royal 32gb 4x8gb 3600 CL 16 Corsair Dominator 3200mhz 64gb 4x16gb Gskill Ripjaw 128gb 4x32gb 3600mhz

im at a loss the onboard Qled seems to be stuck on AA even after taking out battery, resetting cmos over and over. being ona cardboard box no power for 3 weeks. same issue stuck on AA.

Attachments

• Stuck.png
    Stuck.png
    80.5 KB · Views: 0
Well, the Core i7 7740X should never be used as a test CPU on any motherboard. It is a massive piece of shit. It disables half the memory slots, only has dual channel support and provides a mere 16x PCIe lanes. More importantly, only the earliest X299 motherboards support it. Later boards dropped support for it when the VRM specifications were revised by Intel. I'm not saying that board does or doesn't support that chip, but it doesn't work on a lot of X299 motherboards. I know you tried other CPU's, but I wanted to be clear that the 7740X is a bad CPU for diagnostic purposes.

Try the one DIMM trick. You place only one DIMM in the furthest slot from the CPU and try and boot the system. This has worked for me on numerous boards that didn't want to behave. I would look at reflashing the board with the latest BIOS. I believe you can flash that one without a CPU, RAM or anything connected to it besides power.

iv tried that on the 2nd board as of this morning with the bios flashback still same issue i have the 7900x in her right now with a 240 aio still stuck in AA codes iv tried looking for how to get this out of that mode but havent had any luck.

iv tried the 1 dim per slot as well, thinking maybe a bad slot but same issues itll get to AA after about 45 seconds of cycling through other codes but whole time zero video signal. iv even installed win on a nvme setup anydesk on it remoted in on labtop, taken out the nvme put in the 2nd sage system, turned it on waited looked on network it never came online,

iv checked there isnt any bent pins on the socket either, and yeah the 7740x is trash but it was the only one i had before i lucked out and got my hands on these 7820x and 7900x, it is now a keychain.

iv even installed win on a nvme setup anydesk on it remoted in on labtop, taken out the nvme put in the 2nd sage system, turned it on waited looked on network it never came online,
Pointless. You aren't even getting that far. You are still in POST, which the system isn't completing. Pull all the storage, install only one stick of RAM and see if you can get it to try and look for an operating system. Oh, and unplug all USB devices. Trust me on this, I've seen USB devices cause systems to hang at POST.

hmm i only have the usb receiver for wireless keyboard, and the tech usb toolkit, id hoped clearing cmos would least get it to bios screen, the 1 dim doent work iv tried 5 dif kits, with only 1 stick at a time from each kit. the 2 royal kits, the doms,some ripjaw, and even generic samsung sticks, ill take everything out inc storage see if that makes a diff.

hmm i only have the usb receiver for wireless keyboard, and the tech usb toolkit, id hoped clearing cmos would least get it to bios screen, the 1 dim doent work iv tried 5 dif kits, with only 1 stick at a time from each kit. the 2 royal kits, the doms,some ripjaw, and even generic samsung sticks, ill take everything out inc storage see if that makes a diff.
As an extreme case, I've taken out all the DIMMS too to see if I can get to the memory error code. See if it's even getting ~that~ far - since that should pop up early.

oooo good point ill see what i can rule out with that, i have a vast array of hardware i can test with this but its looking more and more like a Gremlin. or it could be something stupid simple im over complicating it and introducing new issues with each attempt.

iv heard of these gremlins before never encountered em till this board, the other board first 1 has a single bent pin i can see but oddly it worked without issue other then every usb port in back dead, im sending it out for a socket replacement.

Long shot but try HDMI if you are using DisplayPort? Had weird issues with my Asus X299 where they'd go into bios but not output from DP.

iv tried 3 variants, dp, hdmi and a hdmi to dp cable, its sad because this board looks so damn clean, ill give this a few more trys with help form you guys here. then it will be set to the pile of tech that gets smashed to release some stress these have caused and ill move on from never buy a ws board again lol.

im off on friday for a bit so i can try the suggestion combinations here ill report back soon as i get a chance to try these. iv got about 512gb of ddr 4 in diff speeds, i have many to test.

Back