ASUS Warranty Experiences Anyone?

9mmx19

[H]ard|Gawd
I know you have to register the item to get service but I was wondering if they require original invoices and whatnot. My main question is about cards you would get from unofficial sources, say eBay. I did a search but everyone seems to be paying attn to BFG EVGA and XFX. Thx in advance.

I had to rma a motherboard and no invoice was required. They asked where I bought it from and the S/N on it but they never asked me to include a receipt upon return. Everything went through ok.

Same story as Lord_Exodia. They just ask for the serial number and what was wrong with it. Then they give me the instructions and RMA number.

What about the dates? Like do they count 3 yrs from date of mfg or date of purchase?

I believe based on the S/N they know when it was manufactured. If the S/N shows the product to be manufactured by them more than 3 years ago then I think they WILL require a receipt showing you purchased it less than 3 years ago for example.

I still wake up hearing the automated "Thank you for calling Asus, your call is important to us" loop sometimes. Usually after I've had particularly spicy mexican food after 9pm.
I was a P4S8X (aka P4SUX) mobo victim.
My experience involved waiting on hold for cell battery draining spans of time, while slowly coming to realize that maybe the polite woman who kept telling me how important my call was- was not being entirely honest. When finally someone did answer the phone, it was Muhammad Massagemahrod and I was immediately sure I pressed the wrong sequence of buttons when navigating their automated system because there's no fuxing way that was english.
/rant

Sorry, but you touched on a nerve. Maybe they've changed their ways- someone else'll have to chime in. I don't trade with them anymore.

Haha how long ago was all this? yavaud was that a long time ago? Lord and Magnus im guessing yours were more recent?

Lord_Exodia said:
I had to rma a motherboard and no invoice was required. They asked where I bought it from and the S/N on it but they never asked me to include a receipt upon return. Everything went through ok.

Same here. Took about two weeks.

Back