ASUS Warns Radeon RX 6800 XT Initial Stock To Be Limited, Ryzen 5000 CPUs Ravaged By Scalpers

Never tell the truth to your investors. They might get scared. Instead, give them the aura of supreme confidence and make statements that defy all logic such as "There will be no shortages" when discussing initial product stock information. Then, when reality happens, feign ignorance with statements like "unprecedented demand" and include obscure concepts like "specialized software purchasing bots" to confuse the situation and make it seem like there was no way to control it and certainly no way that it could ever have been anticipated to such a degree. Rinse and repeat for each product launch in the future. Everything will be OK if you do these things.

The irony is those are true statements:
Demand is unprecedented.
Bots are buying the stock for miners/scalpers.

But guess what, you can use the bots too! Someone runs a bot and it posts stock updates to a discord channel for all to use/see. Friend got both a 3080 and a 3090 FE's this way, then sold one to another friend at cost.

If you really want something, you can get it without paying scalper prices or even waiting that long. He accomplished the above in a week or two without even trying.

No kidding. 1.5x the performance at almost 33% the price and 100w less power draw. Sounds like a miner’s dream unfortunately...
Ampere is an insane power hog... 350 to 400W for FE...

it's crazy... Turing was only ~250W and a bigger process node

did covid and the years of drought for the enthusiast really allow for this all to become desired and acceptable?

Triple Slot cooler from NVIDIA and extreme thermals... why is this cool?

tons and tons of issues being reported, high-end PSUs required...

It's the third slot, erek.
wasn't NVIDIA the first to bring Dual Slot coolers from the parent company with the NV30?

they just seem to be pioneering in extreme energy requirements to me...

Hoping the RX 6-series turns out to be good ultimately

wasn't NVIDIA the first to bring Dual Slot coolers from the parent company with the NV30?

they just seem to be pioneering in extreme energy requirements to me...

Hoping the RX 6-series turns out to be good ultimately

Holy crap, that thing's a buzzsaw.

I heard jensen was baking them one by one in his oven at home, that's why stock was low.

Heh, I actually tried that with my 8800gt when it was dying.

It didn't work.. i wasn't even sure it used lead free solder, but i had nothing to lose at that point.

Heh, I actually tried that with my 8800gt when it was dying.

It didn't work.. i wasn't even sure it used lead free solder, but i had nothing to lose at that point.
I baked a malfunctioning mobile GTX 6800 Ultra back in the day and got another few months out of it.

Everyone keeps saying to wait for stock to stabilize, but idiots are still paying scalper prices. Can the scalpers keep this up indefinitely as stock trickles out and consumers cave?

Everyone keeps saying to wait for stock to stabilize, but idiots are still paying scalper prices. Can the scalpers keep this up indefinitely as stock trickles out and consumers cave?
I imagine some will not be idiot, some will be rich, some will mine with the cards and reimburse the extra over the time it take for cards to get easy to simply command on amazon, etc....

Just tell this to yourself. "I don't need it right this minute" and all will be fine.

What is with scalpers these days and hardware...like deum. Kijiji (Candian Ebay) has people trying for $400+ on 3070's and one guy tried to justify it as "poor college students who cant get work trying to make some money". So you can afford to rack up $1k + CAD on a CC and hope to sell it, no wonder college students are in debt so much.

Just tell this to yourself. "I don't need it right this minute" and all will be fine.
I don't. My purchase window is a few months from now. I know what I am waiting for and it will not be out on launch day. I was just posing a question. When I do want to pull the trigger will we still be in the same position in march?

Statement from Australian retailer PC Case Gear:

https://www.pccasegear.com/ryzen5000

we managed to secure thousands of units available on release - it just went incredibly ham with over 1,000 orders placed in the first 5 minutes! We are working hard with AMD to secure as much stock as possible in the coming weeks, and at this stage we do not expect dire ongoing shortages.

Please see below for post launch updates to stock availability:

Ryzen 5 5600X$469Large shipment expected Wednesday 11th, this was delayed from Monday. This shipment will cover all pre-orders, with additional units available to order
Ryzen 7 5800X$699Large shipment expected Wednesday 11th, this was delayed from Monday. This shipment will cover all pre-orders, with additional units available to order
Ryzen 9 5900X$859Very high demand and limited stock. We have received a small shipment Monday 9th, more expected Wednesday 11th. Next week we have a substantial amount on the way which will bring us up to 50% fulfilment as of 7.30pm, Nov 10th.
Ryzen 9 5950X$1249We have received a large shipment on Monday 9th and smaller followup shipment on Tuesday the 10th bringing our fulfilment to just shy of 40%. We are waiting on updates from AMD for what we can expect to receive throughout November.

(Not mine)

1605125995362.png

What is with scalpers these days and hardware...like deum. Kijiji (Candian Ebay) has people trying for $400+ on 3070's and one guy tried to justify it as "poor college students who cant get work trying to make some money". So you can afford to rack up $1k + CAD on a CC and hope to sell it, no wonder college students are in debt so much.
They're a symptom, not the cause.

Is there an end to these shortages even in sight? Is anyone even promising things will be better soon?

But guess what, you can use the bots too! Someone runs a bot and it posts stock updates to a discord channel for all to use/see. Friend got both a 3080 and a 3090 FE's this way, then sold one to another friend at cost.

If you really want something, you can get it without paying scalper prices or even waiting that long. He accomplished the above in a week or two without even trying.

Got a link?

I think B&H, that's the part # they use for the 5950x. I know they've been sending some emails, and some said late december, some said Q1, others said March, lastly some said Q2.
B&H is very far down the allocation chain, you cannot use it to represent the overall market. That said, AMD shipped a huge number of CPUs for launch date and has many more times that coming in Q4.

Edit: So yeah, far away from a paper launch. Demand is just off the charts from anything anyone could have projected.

B&H is very far down the allocation chain, you cannot use it to represent the overall market. That said, AMD shipped a huge number of CPUs for launch date and has many more times that coming in Q4.

Edit: So yeah, far away from a paper launch. Demand is just off the charts from anything anyone could have projected.

People just have all this pent up need to do something, to buy something from the pandemic. It is translating in to a massive feeding frenzy on electronics. Not just GPUs and CPUs, the new consoles, the new iPhone, people are just going nuts. It'll be awhile for it to settle down.

GPU is the only part I need for my build. I might actually return everything if I don't get a 6800 or 6800xt. I'm at that point.

People just have all this pent up need to do something, to buy something from the pandemic. It is translating in to a massive feeding frenzy on electronics. Not just GPUs and CPUs, the new consoles, the new iPhone, people are just going nuts. It'll be awhile for it to settle down.
Also helps that many who are still employed and can't do anything with it are getting a good amount of saving done. Gotta put that into something, might as well be some toys.

5900x and 5950x supply was basically a paper launch. 5600x are seemingly plentiful, though.

Radeon 6000 series is going to be a shit show, maybe not quite on the level of Ampere but I don't see it being much better.
Where can I buy a 5600x at? I keep looking for one to replace my i7-4970k and I can't find anything.

Back