ASUS VS24AH-P out of range weirdness

my google-fu, bing-jitsu and limping-duck-duck-go have all failed me so i now turn to you guys. because if you dont have an answer to this- there isnt one.

i just picked up a couple VS24AH-P- they are great & everything is working fine except for one annoying detail:
when i log out of a profile, if the monitors go to standby or if UAC kicks off its notification, occasionally one of them will get stuck in 'out of range'. they both do it but not at the same time... it will happen on one then it will happen on the other and it doesnt happen every time either. every 3-5 logouts/standby/UACs and it seems completely random.
the only thing i need to do to get it out of the out of range setting is turn it off and back on so its not like things are about to shoot flames out the vents.... but its still pretty annoying.

anyone have any ideas on how to prevent this?

i7 2600k
asrock h61m
gigabyte gtx 660
win7 home prem

I have the same problem. This is the only other mention of it that I could find. Sadly I don't have the answer either.

Here's my report:
Sometimes when I turn on my computer (about a quarter of the time I'd say), the monitor doesn't display what it's supposed to and instead just gives an "out of range" error. Turning the monitor off and on again fixes it.

I am using a dual monitor setup with the VS24AH-P as my primary, and the other monitor does not have issues. The ASUS VS24AH-P is connected via DVI (the cable that came with the monitor) and the other monitor via VGA. My graphics card is a GeForce GTX 660 Ti from ASUS. I'm running windows 8.1.

harbingerofdoom, did you ever figure out anything further?

i still have not found anything further on this and its still happening.
I do have one additional factor- the monitor going into out of range is the secondary monitor, not the primary and if i swap which is primary and which is secondary, the secondary (and OTHER monitor) will do the same thing so its something to do with it as a secondary monitor

anyone else have any ideas on this problem?

I was having this problem, the only this that turned up on a search was this post. My experience was the same, i.e. power cycling the monitor was the only solution.

I think I have stumbled across the solution however. I seem to be having results (at least not problems today) by following this procedure:
  1. Open 'Screen Resolution' Dialog
  2. Click 'Advanced Settings' Button
  3. Navigate to 'Adapter' Tab (Default)
  4. Click 'List All Modes' Button
  5. Selected '1920 by 1200, True Color (32 bit), 60 Hertz'
Configuration:
  • i7-3930K
  • Asus P9X79
  • GeForce GT 610
  • Windows 7 Pro
Hope this helps,
Cheers