ASUS VH242H Black 23.6"

Smashed Ixnay

Supreme [H]ardness
Would you trust an open box display from Newegg? I once bought a videocard from newegg that was openbox and it was fine. Reason I was looking at this was because I told my little brother I'd buy him a monitor. Right now he has a big 20" or so Gateway CRT monitor that is like in your face on his desk. About every 19" on Newegg is about $119. For a few bucks more I thought about getting this open box monitor and giving him my Dell 20.1" lcd.

Obviously I'd be worried about dead pixels, but if there are any I can have it sent back for free for a refund. Do they charge a restocking fee for this? The new version is $200. would it be worth it to buy the new one or take a chance at this?

Link

Very interested in this also. I've been looking at these monitors for a while but have never purchased anything open box before.
Also what are the chances of these having a ton of dead pixels, and their open box policy says you can return it for a refund within 30 days but do their monitor requirements (8 or more dead pixels) still apply to open box monitors?
Don't mean to steal ur thread, just curious :)

Very interested in this also. I've been looking at these monitors for a while but have never purchased anything open box before.
Also what are the chances of these having a ton of dead pixels, and their open box policy says you can return it for a refund within 30 days but do their monitor requirements (8 or more dead pixels) still apply to open box monitors?
Don't mean to steal ur thread, just curious :)

I don't mind. This helps me too. :)

You should probably expect it to have at least 1 dead pixel or some slight problem. It is open box (returned) for a reason.

Amazon has it for $185 shipped

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Newegg has an "8 dead pixel" return policy. Less than that, then you need to pay a 15% restocking fee.

You should probably expect it to have at least 1 dead pixel or some slight problem. It is open box (returned) for a reason.

Amazon has it for $185 shipped

Newegg has an "8 dead pixel" return policy. Less than that, then you need to pay a 15% restocking fee.

I'd buy from amazon. They don't have a pixel policy. If there's a defect, they won't try to argue with you about if it's "defective enough." No restocking fee, and you don't pay shipping back.

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Back