ASUS VG278HE or PB278Q.. pick for me..

Copyright

Supreme [H]ardness
Swapping out my current Asus monitor and plan to stay with that brand so the my upgrade goes without being noticed :rolleyes:. I have narrowed it down to these two. I had hopes of getting the ROG but just a little to expensive. My only concern with the PB series is how much back light bleading ppl are seeing. I read a review where a guy tried the 1440P and then the 144hz and he said he is moving all his to the 144hz 1080p monitors. I was thinking if 144hz/120z works with DSR enabled maybe it will look pretty good. Thoughts?

Swapping out my current Asus monitor and plan to stay with that brand so the my upgrade goes without being noticed :rolleyes:.

GF doesn't allow gear change? :) Can't you just have a friend or family member bringing you new display as gift? Or pretend you won it in some online competition? :)

GF doesn't allow gear change? :) Can't you just have a friend or family member bringing you new display as gift? Or pretend you won it in some online competition? :)

In my humble opinon. Sneaking it in is slightly better than straight up lying about it. OP these monitors are for different things. If you play fps or other fast games and want maximum framerate then go for the 144Hz one. I have the ROG Swift and the 144Hz is amazing. If you are playing slower games or want to use it mainly for more "work" related stuff like websites, documents, pictures etc the one with a higher resolution will be better.

They are just too different for us to tell you what to pick with the limited information you have given.

Actually I think I am going to sneak in the PB278Q... its response time is 5ms and my current monitor is 7ms. I think it will be a little faster than what I have an a lot better looking with the extra resolution.

EDIT: Can't fight the temptation of the Acer with Gsync.. prob getting that.

Last edited:
Got the Acer.. holy crap Gsync is awesome! The motion is just insane. Something I noticed while on desktop.. at 120hz everything is MUCH brighter vs any other refresh rate so I leave it at 120hz. Love it.. DSR works with Gsync so it really looks good and is fast as hell. Think it's worth using my Spider 3 pro for color calibration?
It's an older calibrator.

Also, my COD game is capped at 91 fps so I am not getting the full effect of this monitors 144hz capability.. which kinda sucks but even going to the 90ish I am getting it's impressive.

Last edited:
I agree with you. PB278Q is 27", 1440p, 5ms, 60hz while VG248QE is 24", 1080p, 1ms, 144hz
g.png

I went with the Acer XB270H and LOVE IT. Still trying to understand ULMB and Gsync etc but with 144hz Gsync enabled my games are so much more enjoyable and I have the ability to play better because of the more fluid motion.

Back