Asus VG248QE 144hz Monitor (Lightboost) $239.99 AC. Free Shipping

Wow. I wasn't planning to have a dual-monitor setup, but that'll pair nicely with my BenQ XL2420T and it's a great price.

Great price for a Lightboost II monitor. I got mine back in February for $280.

I know the text is not very good on this monitor but how does it compare to the benq 24 inch models?

I got mine in yesterday and I think it blows the Benq out of the water in lightboost mode. The benq disables all picture settings in lightboost mode except contrast and brightness. It just looks all washed out and blah.
IMG_1304.JPG
[/IMG]

These are at factory settings but like I said you can't change the Benq in lightboost mode. The benq does have one feature I like over the Asus - that little green light in the lower right corner means lightboost is on so you don't have to "wonder". But look how much greyer the scene is and dark. Just to much picture quality lost vs the asus.

Last edited:
What do you think of the Asus compared to the BenQ for FPS gaming? (assuming you play any).

The benq does have one feature I like over the Asus - that little green light in the lower right corner means lightboost is on so you don't have to "wonder". But look how much greyer the scene is and dark. Just to much picture quality lost vs the asus.

While it isn't as convenient as an external light, just press the menu button on the asus. If you see 3D-MODE in the top right of the menu then you've got Lightboost on.

really thinking about getting one of these. i will order form amazon though because neweggs monitor return policy sucks for picky people like me.

What do you think of the Asus compared to the BenQ for FPS gaming? (assuming you play any).

NS2 I find to be equally good on both in terms of motion. It is just the Asus isn't as horribly washed out and looks better to me.

ya I recently ordered a VG278HE from newegg, I was unhappy with it and they basically told me I had to eat a restocking fee and pay return shipping unless I wanted to replace with the same item. So now I am stuck with it.

NS2 I find to be equally good on both in terms of motion. It is just the Asus isn't as horribly washed out and looks better to me.

With a little tweaking I hear that the 2420t can be the better looking display from what I hear.

Back