ASUS Unveils "All-White" Concept Strix X570 Motherboard

erek

[H]F Junkie
Meh. No White PCB? This isn't very impressive. The Chipset defines a lot. Guess we'll see how the VRM design holds up:

"At present, the all-white ROG Strix X570 motherboard is just a concept, but we've seen ASUS release white themed models before including the Prime series, as well as limited-edition versions of its Sabertooths (now TUF). This could be one ASUS concept that makes it to retail, but it still remains to be seen. "

IMG_20200105_125501_575px.jpg

https://www.anandtech.com/show/15308/ces-2020-asus-unveils-allwhite-concept-strix-sx570-motherboard

Yeah unless that lighting is completely at fault, those surfaces just look like unfinished aluminum, not "white" in the least. That looks like garbage. Not even the easy stuff like the DIMM slots or fan header clips are white ffs. Maybe it was just a translation error.

Looks to me like someone faxed the wrong requisition sheet to their Chinese plastic supplier.... good save though. Limited edition misprint err White x570.

TBH, I'd be more excited if they used classic car color schemes for some of their board lines, like how a lot of their older Z87 boards looked like they used classic TransAm colors (black and gold).

Yeah the Soyo dragon had a white PCB and looked really good....no idea why it is so hard to get colored PCBs anymore. You can get any color PCB you want as long as it is black now.

is it just me or does the writing on the heatsink look like crosspoint?
Whatever it is, they keep getting more and more cluttered and shit looking, like someone tagged on your motherboard. What an eyesore.

Or.... multicolored like my old old phenom ii board

Yuk just kidding, never bring this mess back.
20200108_163428.jpg

TBH, I'd be more excited if they used classic car color schemes for some of their board lines, like how a lot of their older Z87 boards looked like they used classic TransAm colors (black and gold).
black on red was better ;)

ASUS apparently has a very interesting internal definition for the word "all" :cautious:

I definitely wish there were more varied PCBs on the market. A lot of companies just use the shrouds/etc as their aesthetic focus point but I think various colors of PCBs on the market would be far more interesting. Especially when you set up a case with lighting- it really pops on a white PCB

Back