Asus Transformer TF101 Tablet advice

For a similar expenditure, I would consider getting the Google Nexus 7 instead. Its smaller size and better hardware may make it better in the long term, especially for ebooks and the like. The TF101 is using an older set of hardware, Tegra2 that really will make it difficult to say, play hi-resolution video content that wasn't specially encoded with the tablet in mind, depending on circumstances. If you are planning to do absolutely nothing else but e-reading it could work, but I'd strongly suggest the Nexus 7 to 1) save you some weight/size and 2) give you the chance to do more "full tablet stuff" if you wish to at a later point. If you're set on a 10" tablet instead, I'd look after the newer Transformer Infinity TF700 instead., but they'll be considerably more expensive.

The Nexus 7 will inexpensive and has the same or better core hardware specs than high-end 10" tablets, plus works great for portability and ereading.

not set on a certain size tablet. I just need something affordable to read my ebooks. I already have a 12" laptop but even carrying that around is a hassle sometimes. I will look into the nexus 7. thanks!

Back