Asus TF300 - Power Button Pressure Point/Soft Spot

Dillirium

Limp Gawd
All,
I'm writing this in hopes that it hits the search engines and helps out owners of the Asus TF300. I tried doing a lot of searching on Google recently with minor success. A lot of people are complaining about a Software issue which causes their tablet to restart. This particular issue is overshadowing another problem that's hit or miss. This particular problem is not as wide spread but still very much an issue.

I recently purchased an Asus TF300 and everything was very nice. The system is fast, I love the screen, and I love reading my books on it. I came across a problem where if I applied pressure about 1 - 2 inches below the power button the Tablet would shutoff or reset. Sometimes the graphics would also distort.

The obvious thing to do is to not touch that spot right?

The good thing is that it's not normal and it is a defect. You should immediately return/exchange your tablet. I was lucky enough to have purchased mine at Microcenter in Columbus, OH. They have a TF300 on display and when I went to return/exchange mine I tested the problem out on the floor model.

To my surprise I found that the floor model was actually a little more sturdy than mine and did not have this problem. if I pressed on mine it would somewhat give way. IT SHOULD NOT DO THAT!

I'm now home with my "EXCHANGED" tablet and it does NOT have this defect.

Thank you Microcenter for the easy exchange and I hope this is useful for others that are wondering if they should just get their money back and go for another tablet like the iPad. Your soul will remain intact :)

-Dill

Back