Asus Technical Support - P8P67 Pro RMA Problems

pcgeek86

Limp Gawd
Hey folks,

Have any of you had problems getting through to Asus Technical Support? I recently submitted an RMA for a motherboard, and got a couple of e-mails within 12 hours with the RMA authorization and shipping label. Thankfully this part all went well, and the e-mail said that since my motherboard was "Corporate Stable Model" eligible, that I could call and have an "advance RMA" set up.

I called the technical support number provided in the e-mail, and after sitting on hold for a ridiculously long time, some guy finally picked up. His initial words were short and unprofessional (eg. "hello?"), and I had no idea who I was even speaking with. I mentioned the situation, and that I wanted to set up the advance RMA, per the e-mail's instructions. He said that their computer system was "down" for a couple hours, and that I should call back later (and sit on hold again?). I convinced him to take down the RMA number and ensure that a new board was shipped out. I even asked him if I'd get an e-mail with the tracking number of the new board, but he couldn't give me a firm "yes" or "no." Honestly, I don't think he actually did anything about it at all.

I tried calling again a few days later (today), and after sitting on hold for 15-20 minutes, I got forwarded to a voicemail system. I left a voicemail hoping for a call back, but this whole thing just seems really unprofessional and shoddy.

I've found some other threads on Hardforum that describe similar issues with the Asus RMA process, so I'm obviously not alone.

http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1669026
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1723595
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=1699092

In short: Does anyone have ideas on how to get through to these people within a reasonable amount of time?

Cheers,
Trevor

If you have a case number, or even your RMA #, I can pass it along with your comments to the people who oversee the call center. You can send it via an email or PM if you prefer. They like getting actual customer comments so they know where they need to focus more attention.

As for your RMA, I can also look that up and let you know what's going on if you like. I can't be a replacement for the call center, even just for the HardOCP community, but I am around for people who are having issues like yours.

If you have a case number, or even your RMA #, I can pass it along with your comments to the people who oversee the call center. You can send it via an email or PM if you prefer. They like getting actual customer comments so they know where they need to focus more attention.

As for your RMA, I can also look that up and let you know what's going on if you like. I can't be a replacement for the call center, even just for the HardOCP community, but I am around for people who are having issues like yours.

ASUS sold 22,000,000 mobo units in 2011
$13 Billion Gross for the company.
How much would say 3 additional call takers for RMA or Tech support cost ASUS?
3 X $30000 = $90,000 ????

The whole phone tag thing at Fremont or Indiana is a terrible way to treat a customer. Then when you do get a rep, they just give you standardized answers. You have to get at level 2 to even have a prayer of good info/help.I have given up on calling ASUS. I buy at Amazon which allows me 45 days RMA cross ship with 4 clicks on the website. If there is some component breakdown that cant be fixed, then I just toss the mobo.

Now that ASUS has severed its connection to its long time mobo manuf Pegatron, to a basket of manuf, things are set to become worse, at least from reading some posts who have bought recent date mobo.

Scott,

Thanks for offering to talk to the call center for me.

I actually just got a call back (based on my voicemail) from a guy named "Curtis" who was extremely professional, told me the exact steps he was going to take on his side, and the steps I need to take in the next couple of days, in order to cross-ship. He was very clear in why he was calling me back, didn't even have to ask for my RMA number (he must have looked it up under my name / phone number from the voicemail), and had everything set to go within 5 minutes!

Thank you Asus!!

If the first guy I had talked to was even half as helpful as this guy was, I probably wouldn't have had an issue with them. Why does Asus bother to hire people like <FirstGuy> to answer the phone? They're doing themselves a great disservice.

Cheers,
Trevor

Scott,

Thanks for offering to talk to the call center for me.

I actually just got a call back (based on my voicemail) from a guy named "Curtis" who was extremely professional, told me the exact steps he was going to take on his side, and the steps I need to take in the next couple of days, in order to cross-ship. He was very clear in why he was calling me back, didn't even have to ask for my RMA number (he must have looked it up under my name / phone number from the voicemail), and had everything set to go within 5 minutes!

Thank you Asus!!

If the first guy I had talked to was even half as helpful as this guy was, I probably wouldn't have had an issue with them. Why does Asus bother to hire people like <FirstGuy> to answer the phone? They're doing themselves a great disservice.

Cheers,
Trevor

It'd be great if you could send me your case or RMA #. I like to make sure that people who do a good job are commended for it as much as people who are not doing a good job are chastised.

pro-active call center managers?

who'd have thunk...

lol

I wish all call centers had managers that scour the forums.....

Great Job Scott...

It'd be great if you could send me your case or RMA #. I like to make sure that people who do a good job are commended for it as much as people who are not doing a good job are chastised.

Scott,

Sending you an e-mail now. Thanks for checking into it.

Cheers,
Trevor

pro-active call center managers?

who'd have thunk...

lol

I wish all call centers had managers that scour the forums.....

Great Job Scott...

I don't work in the call center, but as you might imagine, there's a bit of overlap in our functions. So, I occasionally cross paths with the people who do oversee the call center, and as I said, they like getting actual customer responses so they know where to focus attentions. It's also nice to be able to pass along a compliment about someone at the call center instead of just a complaint.

Scott,

Sending you an e-mail now. Thanks for checking into it.

Cheers,
Trevor

Thanks. Haven't gotten it yet, but that's likely just because it can take a bit for our email systems to sync up. Nice to be able to pass along a positive report instead of just negative.

Back