Asus Supreme FX II vs Realtek AC883

Matthew Kane

Supreme [H]ardness
Im just wondering if the ASUS/Creative Supreme-FX-II HD Audio Sound Card PCI-X (off ebay) card is better then my Gigabyte G31M-ES2L onboard Realtek AC883 sound?

I will be using it for Gaming/Music/Movies etc.

It will be a budget buy for me $22 only shipped and I will get a Auzentech later on, but for now is the Supreme Fx card better ?

I've never heard of the card you're talking about, do you have a link?

The SupremeFX is some kind of ADI chip, so no it's not really better than the 883 for now. I think it has a better SnR. I'd stick with Realtek just because of their drivers in the mean time.

Thanks, well does it have any or the slightest advantages over the Realtek in gaming? I play FEAR Combat and I need precision crisp sound to hear the footsteps. (Don't advertise me another Xi Fi card, only this)

Would it even work with the Gigabyte board? I though it used a special PCIe connector. I wouldn't waste money on it. You would also need to get the serial number for the X-fi software that comes with it for any advantage over the Realtek.

The version that I had come on my Rampage II Extreme was a regular PCI-E x1 card. I used it on a girlfriend's PC.

Yeah don't worry about the card no more, the ebay seller got back to me and even though its using a PCI 1x slot, its compatible with any other motherboards except the Asus ROG series. Which is gay :(

Back