Asus Strix RX 480 preorders are open on Amazon.

cageymaru

Fully [H]
Asus Strix RX 480 preorders are open on Amazon. Expensive lil buggers.

ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon Rx 480 8GB OC Edition DP 1.4 HDMI 2.0 AMD Polaris Graphics Cards STRIX-RX480-O8G-GAMING

Overclocked 8GB version is $299.
https://www.amazon.com/STRIX-Radeon...ie=UTF8&qid=1469665309&sr=8-2&keywords=rx+480

ASUS ROG STRIX Radeon Rx 480 8GB DP 1.4 HDMI 2.0 Polaris Vr Ready Premium Graphics Cards STRIX-RX480-8G-GAMING

Regular 8GB version is $289.
https://www.amazon.com/Radeon-Polar...ie=UTF8&qid=1469665309&sr=8-1&keywords=rx+480

This is me trying to help you'll find a card before the vultures get them all. ;) Once again just search Amazon for RX 480. Then change the box on the top right from Relevance to Newest Arrivals to find them. :)

As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
GTX 1060 can be bought for $242. $300 for RX 480 is a rip-off.

Well this card is a RX 480 on steroids as far as features on the PCB. I'm not trying to justify the pricing; just showing why it is higher priced.

Lol $299.

Well this card is a RX 480 on steroids as far as features on the PCB. I'm not trying to justify the pricing; just showing why it is higher priced.

Looks like samsung memory modules, nice.

Will the small gains be worth $100? To me, no.

Lol $299.

Will the small gains be worth $100? To me, no.
Probably not but these are limited releases and only appeal to those looking for extreme versions.

so actually two different versions of the same card is that what I am seeing here? whats the point? I don't know there is literally no performance increase from 1330 clock speed according the TPU the card was throttling and it should not be with that fuckin cooler lol. Something is messed up with the bios. I don't know why they were claiming 19% gains but may its just the way TPU does benches I don't trust them much with their way of testing and usually graphs are all over the place. May be they will fix that issue with the final card.

Powercolor seems to be much better option at 269.99 and sapphire.

they got the nitro to run at 1405 in one of the reviews by bumping power up extra 15% but I think that seemed to limited by memory speed and 4gb. I think after some tweaking people should be able to get 1400 with adjusting power limit. I want to see some real good websites trying to push the cards like H. TPU does half ass review when it comes to OC. I think they do max without touching anything out of the box.

By the way reference RX 480 seems to be coming in and out of stock. I get notifications from nowinstock every few days and today I checked again and within exactly 10 minutes xfx and powercolor were both sold out. I was about to make a post here but man they don't last long enough so aint worth it lol.

I have text enabled on nowinstock but never got a text only email. So they kind of suck in that regard. So I don't find out instantly. But last two times I did happen to check with in 5 mins but they were gone with in 10.

Will
Probably not but these are limited releases and only appeal to those looking for extreme versions.

Extreme versions?

At the end of the day it's still an RX 480.

For $300, I would open up my piggy bank or something and get a 980Ti for under $400 easily.

The 480 4gb reference seems to be the best value. just lower the voltage and freq to keep temps and noise in line

Will

Extreme versions?

At the end of the day it's still an RX 480.

For $300, I would open up my piggy bank or something and get a 980Ti for under $400 easily.

Yea, I saw MSI GTX980TI new/open box for $369 on ebay a couple of days ago.

I'm not saying it's a bad card but it's overpriced. Also, GTX1060 comes in a small PCB.

Don't they all have slower memory?

Yes, but from the benchmarks comparing the stock reference 4GB to 8GB the performance difference doesn't justify $50 price difference. Note that this is when mainly running current popular games and resolutions. I'm only in the market to buy a graphics card for stuff to run right now and not next year or for VR.

The 480 4gb reference seems to be the best value. just lower the voltage and freq to keep temps and noise in line
That's the same conclusion I'm seeing too. Waiting for the 3rd party 4GB models it see if they can squeeze out any more value, but everyone seems to be only jumping on the 8GB bandwagon.

I'm sort of hoping Nvidia release the 1050 soon but I doubt they will until AMD announces their RX 460 and 470.

Yes, but from the benchmarks comparing the stock reference 4GB to 8GB the performance difference doesn't justify $50 price difference. Note that this is when mainly running current popular games and resolutions. I'm only in the market to buy a graphics card for stuff to run right now and not next year or for VR.
Which benchmarks are you referring to? AFAIK, all the initial cards with 4GB of RAM really had 8GB and were flashed with a special BIOS to limit them to 4GB. Which means they all had the faster 8GHz RAM, which isn't what the AIB 4GB cards will have.

Which benchmarks are you referring to? AFAIK, all the initial cards with 4GB of RAM really had 8GB and were flashed with a special BIOS to limit them to 4GB. Which means they all had the faster 8GHz RAM, which isn't what the AIB 4GB cards will have.

is there a fix to unlock the remainder?

The AMD Radeon RX 480 Preview: Polaris Makes Its Mainstream Mark

Note: this is a preview, and of course driver and game engine optimization will likely effect the future benchmarks. Also like you mention there's also bios unlocking trick and the upcoming AIB cards.

I'm really annoyed that AMD marketing claiming a $200 card when there are nearly none instock and all the benchmarks are aimed at the 8GB $240 model.

Back