Asus Strix 1080 TI OC 11GB Nvidia Graphics card

MN Scout

Supreme [H]ardness
SOLD.

Up for sale to active [H]orde DC'ing members is an Asus Strix 1080 TI OC Gaming 11GB Nvidia graphics card.

• $650 shipped to the US.
  • Price includes USPS Priority mail shipping to the US, with signature confirmation.
  • The card was purchased September 5th, 2017 from Amazon. 9 months old.
  • Payment through Paypal or Google Pay -- hopefully you could pay through debit or bank so I don't have the 3% fee.
  • Will include a PDF of the Amazon order invoice, and print out.
  • Original box included.
  • I've misplaced all but 1 of the small port covers that slip into the HDMI, DP, and over the DVI ports. If they are critical to you I can turn my office upside down to find all of them.

I have used this card for DC'ing for most of its time being in my computer -- and about 2 months of mining. I've used the software EVGA Precision XOC to attempt to keep the power limit at 70% or lower. I know that I caught one of the NiceHash algorithms forcing the power limit to 100% during the 2 months that I ran it. The cooler on this beast of a card easily keeps up with the heat and I never remember seeing a temps over the mid 70s C (the norm was under 70C). I played around with running PrimeGrid at 100% power limit, and it could keep the card cooler than my old EVGA 1080TI Gaming SC card at lower fan speed % The card has a beast of a cooler. It is a 2.5 slot card, and is longer and taller than many other 1080TI cards.

I'm selling the card to get money for a high core count Intel system.

Please PM me if you are interested in buying.

Exact model name: ASUS ROG-STRIX-GTX1080TI-O11G-GAMING GeForce 11GB OC Edition VR Ready 5K HD Gaming HDMI DisplayPort DVI Overclocked PC GDDR5X Graphics Card

Click the images for a larger view. I think [H] shrunk them to 1000 pixels wide. PM me if you need more.

20180527_094206.jpg 20180527_094240.jpg 20180527_094538.jpg 20180527_094619.jpg 20180527_094721.jpg 20180527_095109.jpg

Edited: To add the "Gaming" product name up at the top.

Last edited:
Love this series. I have the 1080 version.

Not considering TR or EPYC?

Love this series. I have the 1080 version.

Not considering TR or EPYC?

I also really like this series, which is why I'm keeping one of these Asus cards for my daily driver. (If any of you want two of these cards, I could sell both. Give me a PM.)

I'll need to be considering TR or EPYC after all these Spectre variant patches harm the performance of the Intel chips. I was looking for the benefit of Intels faster FMA and AVX support.

Last edited:
auntjemima this GPU will 10 times faster than all the GPUs you currently have and will shut Johnx64 up for a while as he'll have a hard time trying to stay ahead of you in GPU based projects and by hard time I mean he wont be able to keep up unless he buys more GPUs himself.

Bump the card is still for sale. Buy it before I put it back into my machine to get my Seti score over 1 million.

Hmmm. Interested. What type of Intel system you looking for? I'm gonna be getting rid of my asrock 2011-3 dual socket board...

Hmmm. Interested. What type of Intel system you looking for? I'm gonna be getting rid of my asrock 2011-3 dual socket board...

I want to replace my current daily driver computer, so I'm looking for the fastest single threaded performance. I'm leaning towards a Core i9 instead of using a Xeon dual socket board with older cpus that would be in the 3GHz range (or less).

I can get the card shipped out on Monday if you are interested.

Bump, still available. I'm only selling the one -- I scratched out my note in one of my previous updates about selling my 2nd card.

Bump. I put the card back into my Linux rig, while waiting for a sale. It is crunching Seti to help me get up to a million points. You should buy the card to help you get up to a million points in all the GPU projects.

In Linux, I'm getting really nice times for Seti GPU units using the TBAR Special application. Between 72 and 93 seconds a task - 60,000 ppd+. Here is a link to my validated times: https://setiathome.berkeley.edu/results.php?hostid=8506394&offset=0&show_names=0&state=4&appid= I wrote some instructions on how to setup an Ubuntu install for Seti if you are interested: https://hardforum.com/threads/formula-boinc-2018.1950308/page-9#post-1043607055

Nvidia GPU projects that I know of:
PrimeGrid
Collatz
Amicable Numbers
Enigma
GPU Grid
Moo! Wrapper
Einstein
Milkway
Seti
Albert
F@H
Asteroids <-- helps on this project, but doesn't do much more work than a cpu with all its cores filled with the same project

Last edited:
Back